1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Important is Alone Time to You?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, May 15, 2015.

1. HunGuy

HunGuy Guest

Very. Everyone leave me the fuck alone! :grin:

2. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Extremely important because it's how I unwind

3. nohalos

I loves me some alone time. Solitude is much needed by my aching soul, after a night with the gang.

4. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Downtime is extremely important to me. That it be *alone* time...depends on how alone we're talking.

I can definitely process a drink with my partner by candlelight with groovy music playing as downtime. Even playing a game together can work.

Sitting in the same room with her, each working (or playing) on our computers can also work fine...as long as the work is avocational work, rather than *real* work.

I can enjoy a long walk, and that counts as alone-time...but I enjoy it even more with my partner.

I guess what I'm getting at is that my partner and I have reached such a similar vibe, or we're in-tune enough, that most downtime spent with her counts or functions as alone-time...it helps a *lot* that we're both introverts. I don't find myself craving time away from her, in the same way I once craved time apart from all other humans before we were together. And when the two of us are around a lot of people, we definitely feel a need to get away and have some time to ourselves.

Now that said, when I'm traveling alone...or she is...I can really get into that "true" alone-time, as well.

5. nick97

Out Status:
    A few people
    Alone time is super important to me.

6. MetalRice

I love alone time; it's soothing for me

7. HugasaurusRex

As much as I love SOME alone time, after a few hours of it I get bored of not being able to chat. Also my mind is too dangerous to me to be aloud to be alone for more than a few hours. Though it never used to be that I hated too much alone time. i used to cherish it, and anyone tried to invade it would be sharply dealt with. But as of late I have come to love being around people a lot more. To the point where I will now go out of my way to enjoy human interaction.

8. tulipinacup

I always need an alone time. After a very long day from work I try to come up with an excuse not to go out with colleagues because it is too toxic from me. I even intend to walk alone than to commute so I have a longer time on myself before I get bombarded with people at home.

9. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

It is extremely important to me. I am a very anxious person, especially when it comes to social interactions, so having time just to myself is a necessity. And, it is also extremely important that people know and respect this about me. Most people in my life now, know that I need to be alone sometimes.

10. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As a strong introvert, it's not "important." It's absolutely essential if I'm going to retain my sanity. Well, what sanity I have left. :lol:

11. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Very important to me. I'm an introvert by nature and I need time to myself. I am by myself more often than I am with people and that is fine with me.

12. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Extremely important, which is probably why I never last in relationships- people are too clingy

13. MisterTinkles

Pretty much all of my time is alone time.

All of my friends either live in other states, or are too busy to do anything with me.

So, here I sit, twiddling my paws.

14. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Very important I don't like people in my way and I'm very independent.

15. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I need to be alone a LOT. I just need time to recharge and work on my own thing. I still love my friends I just need my own time and space quite a bit.

16. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    It's essential. But especially when I get home from college.

17. SpangleDangle

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hugely important to me- will happily spend time with others usually but sometimes gets a bit much, so need to back out occasionally. I value my alone time, good to reflect on how things are going and get a bit of perspective.

18. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, with my girlfriend, I can speak my mind and she is the most fun to be with so id count that as alone time, though I'm not really alone I guess. With anybody else, I get highly irritated and need my space. I just, can't seem to stand most people, and (like now) I sit in my room on the laptop and be on the Internet. Being alone is highly important to me or I get very grumpy.

19. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I wonder often how people can live without this... I just don't get it. I need time for myself.

Hmmm... There won't be a relationship between you and me if you don't respect this.

It's also known as the "I'll be out" principle.

Me : Allright, I'll be out for a few hours... I need to breathe a bit....
    Person 1 : Where are you going?
    Me : ... Just out... I'll be back in... I don't know... I'll send you an sms... I'll sleep here, don't worry.... I just have to... Well... See you later, okay?
    Person 1 : BUT I ASKED WHERE?! OMG, ARE YOU HAVING AN AFFAIRE?!

Interrogations like this destroy friendships and future partnerships. I hate to give any explanation, specially after weeks of getting to know me, obviously our thing is not going to work... You should know already the kind of person I am.

#39 Michael, May 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2015
  20. Illus1

Yes very important, NEED that recharge! But I wouldn't say I'm introverted just need solitude maybe two hrs a day. Which with commute and eating and internet browsing time. I do get more than those two hours. But I did go a few days once without interacting with a single soul so I can just be alone all the time, just prefer not to.

Actually I have always wondered about those that get crazy when they are alone and need to cling to people constantly.