This is my story of the first steps.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Erick, May 14, 2015.

1. Erick

Hi guys! I have been struggling for a long time with my sexuality and finally came to terms with being gay. I denied my sexuality for years, then identified myself as bisexual, but after experimenting, I noticed I could not be with a girl. I hope you guys have the same experience as I did coming out and it's a journey for me to take as I begin to finally accept myself and come out.

I recently came out to my brother, and he told me that he didn't care if I was gay straight bi trans or whatever, but he told me I was equal as everyone else. Then he said that "if people don't like you because you're gay than those people are f***ing idiots. I don't think differently of you; you'll always be my little bro. If you have anything to talk to me just know I'm here. I wont tell anyone as it is your decision to come out. I love you and "f*** homophobes".

I thought about coming out to him for the longest time and he took it extremely well. After that I came out to my best friend and he told me, "I wasn't surprised, but not in a bad way. I don't really care man it's whatever to me. Honestly being gay is like liking a different sandwich from what other people like... I mean... I don't get it when people hate on others for their preferences, it's like them hating on you for ordering a different sandwich.."

I kinda stared at him like dafaq, but yeah :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: He told me "Ya know what I mean?"

I then told him "Sure..."

We laughed and nothing has changed in the relationship with my brother or my best friend; both were very supportive, and still treat me the same as I was treated before. They no longer ask me if I like a girl or if I'm interested, but haven't started asking me about my romantic life (as it takes time to get used to and I understand that).

I plan to come out to those who already know I'm bisexual as it won't be that difficult, but coming out to everyone else, including my parents will be a journey and I hope to have the same positive reaction as I had with my brother & best friend.

Thank you all :slight_smile: (*hug*)

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Congrats on coming out to them, I'm glad it went well for you! Good luck with the rest of your journey!:slight_smile:

3. Erick

Thanks for being so supportive :slight_smile: I'm really siked for having such great supporters in my life.

4. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You rock dude. You are who you are. I've been told getting your parents behind you is monumental - per my gay friend who told his parents. He struggled with it for the longest time. Afterwards who knew where he stood. They still loved him. Keep us posted.

5. guitar

Congrats on what you've achieved so far & be grateful to gave such wonderful & supportive people in your life. :slight_smile:

Best of luck with the rest!

6. GwenTheWelshGal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well done so far.
    I wish you luck when you come out to others that you know.