1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who made you question your sexuality?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by bubbles123, May 14, 2015.

1. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Sorry I meant to say the Irish backpacker was in her 20's not 30's! x

2. gabroxs20

I don't think there was one specific person or specific people. But lets just say that one day in middle school I kind of just stopped noticing the boys or maybe trying to notice the boys and just started noticing the girls and man were they beautiful.

3. Tx87

Tx87 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know discovering the X-Files and Gillian Anderson, reruns of Xena and an indie fil called High Art on IFC with Ally Sheedy and Radha Mitchell

4. Alex Vause

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer. 'Nuff said.

5. xxCHAOTIC

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think Taylor Momsen from The Pretty Reckless was the first one that I really realized I was all "oh my god" over. I had no idea who she was before I saw her open for Evanescence and probably drooled through her entire act...

6. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think a few things and people could have had me questioned my sexuality and did in a way but not enough to convince me that I wasn't straight until I met her.

Her is a girl, I met about 2 years ago oversea and while if the first day we befriended each other I didn't really notice her. The second one was a revelation, I felt so intensely attracted to her that it scared me. She is the one that made me realize that girls could date girls ( I wasn't ignorant and know it could happen and that it happened around the world but I never thought that I could ever date a girl until her) it still took a couple months of denial and some other girls to get me out of the closet but she definitely was the turning point of my sexuality. :slight_smile:

7. peachwad

Out Status:
    A few people
    I had a crush on one of my best friends in my freshman year of high school… I already knew she was bi and she had a gf at the time lol whoops

8. Phioo

Phioo Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    One day I went to a japanese restaurant...
    There, I met the love of my life...
    Sushi and other fantastic crap that made me feel like I had cocaine all over my fucking mouth... (Which is good)
    And from that day I became a Sushi-sexual.
    ...Wait. Is that a thing?

9. tentacles

I think it was a woman that played Lady Gaga in a fan video of "Dance In The Dark". She was so hot wearing only panties and bra!

10. Chrisr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Haven't told this story yet either so here goes..

The year I went into 6th grade, a school in the area closed down so we had a flux of new students. I was weirdly attracted to three male students but I didn't know why. One of the students in particular was very trim and weirdly muscular for how young we were, and he swayed his hips a lot.
    Later on in 8th grade, I had a female friend who was having sex with a guy who was, I would say, 3 or 4 years older (this was a catholic school btw so no sex ed). She had a bad habit of explaining everything she was doing with him. She would explain her part in their sex, but when she explained his parts, I was like OoOoOoo tell me more as I try my darnedest to cross my legs. I could never look at him in the eye after that as I was unlucky enough to go to the same high school as him after I graduated that year. :x

11. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everyone at school already thought that I was gay and then I thought, "Am I?"

12. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Léa Seydoux. lol

13. Aviator182

There was never a person who made me question being gay. I was just always more attracted to guys. I had always been taught that was wrong and went in to deep denial for a long time. From the time I was about 12 until I was 26. Finally accepted my self around 26 and now I am trying to find the courage to tell people and hopefully have my first true relationship, not the fake striaght ones I've had.

14. rudysteiner

Well, from the moment I started secondary school and started hanging around with girls instead of boys, people were immediately labeling me gay. I shrugged this off for two years, until I was talking to one of my friends (who was actually my best-guy friend's cousin), and I don't know how the subject came about, I think she mentioned she'd just seen some sexuality quiz or something and decided to try it out, but anyway she started asking me a few questions. Questions like 'could you see yourself in a relationship with someone of the same sex?' 'Would you completely rule out being with someone of the same sex?' So me, being extremely liberal, answered 'I could see myself with someone of the same sex' and 'I wouldn't rule out being with someone of the same sex' so at the time I had a few days to mull it over, and then realised that I was. I know it sounds stupid, but that's how it happened. I realised I was bisexual, because I still liked girls at the time. Over time, though, I came to the realisation that I was, indeed, a raging homo.

In spite of what I've just said about me being a raging homo, Léa Seydoux does make me question that label. I love her.

15. Jellal

Neferpitou
    [​IMG]
    Girl? Guy? Girlish guyish girlguy? Agender? ... furry?

I don't know, but I'm in love

16. iiimee

It was a lot of people, but the one I remember well was my sister had this bisexual friend named "Sunny". She was super cute- short blonde hair, and she wore plenty of red lipstick. I remember me and her just making jokes as we sat on my sister's bed. X_X I was blushing so much whenever I talked to her- but I always knew I liked boys, and I always had these "crushes" on girls, but I never told anyone about them- I was afraid they'd find me weird... still am very quiet about my relationships with girls.

17. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fiona Bruce :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

18. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Last year when I was 16 and I had a crush on a gay guy who was 19 whom I worked with at a grocery store. It was way more intense than any crush I had ever had back when I thought I liked girls. Sadly I still wasn't ready to come out yet, and when he said he thought I was gay and asked me if I was, I only knew I was bisexual internally, but I wasn't ready to come out to anyone really. And so he never found out I was actually gay... It would be a couple of months until I was comfortable telling anyone, and by then he had left and went to another state for college.

Shortly before that, my girlfriend at the time had broken up with me. I see now that we had a horrible relationship; She lived in another state and only came up during the summers and a while in the winter. She rarely wanted to talk with me over text, and she refused to communicate any other way. She was always snidely rude when I gave her gifts, which was quite often. She had a lot of problems I didn't know about until later, and a really screwed up family life. I think she was a compulsive liar because she mysteriously liked almost everything I did. I think she just told me she did to make me like her.

Before she broke up with me I had been contemplating how I would tell her that I was bisexual, because I had started questioning myself and I had decided that I liked guys, but I must also like girls too because I had a girlfriend. So when it all went downhill, that was the main catalyst. When my crush came along that made me question even further, and that's when I knew. To this day I swear he was the most beautiful, perfect person I have ever met.

After I came out I tried to date the only two other gay guys I knew, but they just didn't work out. I went out on a date with one of the guys in October and we got starbucks and walked around a park in the cold dark. That was the first and only time I have ever held hands with a person of the same gender. It just felt so mothafuckin right, I knew.

19. Kat 5

Some lesbian youtuber said something profound. I pondered my life for months after that.

20. ModernCat

ModernCat Guest

Series of events and minor and major crushes.