1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Gay contestant on "Jeopardy" says he wishes he'd mentioned it

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by AwesomGaytheist, May 9, 2015.

1. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My one regret after losing (and snapping) on "Jeopardy!"

Louis Virtel from Lemont, Illinois came in second place on Friday night's Jeopardy episode. While many knew that he was gay from his dress, voice, and feminine mannerisms, as stereotypical as that sounds, he later said that his only regret was that he didn't actually mention that he was gay.

He later tweeted that his goal was for "Alex to say to me, 'Damn, nobody's phrasing your sexuality in the form of a question.'"

Here's his episode on YouTube. If nothing else, just watch his intro and that snap that's been abuzz all over the internet:

[YOUTUBE]iB-YmYttfvg[/YOUTUBE]

2. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh yeah, he's Gay with a capital everything...There's no need to say it, we can see it a mile away...

3. guitar

Why does he need to say he's gay? Why not mention he's also left handed, a taurus, fixes computers as a hobby, plays the flute, has a bad hip, is of Italian ancestry.... I take it I made my point? :slight_smile:

4. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ditto...It's not always necessary to mention your sexuality...I don't go up to random people and say: "Hello, I'm Gay, goodbye..." But like I said, you have to be blind to not notice that this guy likes meat...

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Alex: So, it says here you aspire for global domination. Is this true?
    Me: I'm gay, Alex. I'd like to say that first. Then I aspire for global domination. I also like to write and sing in the shower, but being gay is definitely at the front of my identity. Cats are nice. But only gay cats. Name's Justine.

People Who Aren't Funny, please.​
    'Who is Kaiser?'​

6. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He says in his article that there was one guy that mentioned he sang in the New York Gay Men's Choir, and that's about it for those that actually said it on Jeopardy.