1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wieght Loss

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by NathanielB13, May 9, 2015.

1. NathanielB13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay so I haven't been skinny my whole life and I have been trying to be more healthy. I have lost a lot of weight as I gained alot when I broke my leg a few years back. I have always had issues with fat in chest (breast) area and my leg area plus a bit on my chin, I was wondering if anyone knows any phyical/diet tips to reduce it. I don't have alot of time on my hands (homework,Cadets). My friends suggested 5 press ups in the morning and 5 before you go to sleep as it improves your metabolism as you sleep. Is this true? It would help me alot as my weight has always been an issue for me.

2. Gymskirtboy

Gymskirtboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi.
    My nephew is a year younger than you and hes always been a somewhat overweight. I managed to get him interested in bike riding which is a passion of mine and he has lost virtually all his weight and its toned up his body well too. I think you've got to face facts that if you're prone to been over weight like some people are you have to work hard to keep it off.

3. OfTheKokiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    At first I was going to respond by saying your too young to be worrying about your weight and then I gave myself a mental slap because I have had weight issues and growing up I was concerned as well.

However, the fact remains that you are young and not done growing. As you grow taller people stretch out and "problem" areas (if there is such a thing) change over time.

Now when you lose weight it doesn't matter what exercises you do, you cannot dictate where the weight comes off.

Also the word diet makes me uncomfortable and prefer the idea of healthy eating. Fruits, vegetables, protein and portion sizes are things to consider.

Be active, eat well and be patient. Some people are just born to carry more weight (such as myself) and particularly in places that may make one uncomfortable but we have to learn to accept ourselves.

4. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Arfff

RED
    who said you have to be skinny to be healthy??
    i'll tackle him/her/it so hard

DEEP SKY BLUE
    Dude...
    lets stop saying breast and start changing with pec's, by just changed that word it gave me more confidence like 2 year ago when i start losing weight.

YELLOW GREEN
    personally i would like to say that if you want to elevate your metabolism, dont do it "by night"... if you only raise your temp only by night you're not only became sweaty and sort of smelly in bed but also risking of unable to fall asleep due to sudden increase of heart rate...

pep talk done, lets go down to business

KEY of LOSING WEIGHT IS Calorie Deficit how you reach it?
    1. Limit Calorie Intake
    there are alot of method how to track calories but for the simplest method i'd like to share is try finding a meal routine that wont give you any weight gain in 2 weeks
    THEN
    reduce the portion of every meal by 10 %

2. Exercise
    You need to do moderate intensity cardio (60-80% max heart rate) at least 3 times a week for 30-45 minutes

Max heart rate = 220 - age

for you 13 years old then your max heart rate is 207,
    your moderate intensity training is at 124 to 165 beats per minute

it is not a one day one week or one month job... it require consistency, dedication and hard work.
    its the same analogy
    you're not getting fat by single unhealthy day, it accumulates over the year... so losing them is also not a single healthy day, it is a process that can take a long time...

but first let me ask you something...
    are you hit puberty yet??
    you're still 13, the method above are NOT TO BE APPLIED for teenagers who haven't or currently in puberty because puberty period requires MORE calorie intake (50% more cals than average adults)
    again if you haven't hit yours or you are currently in puberty DO NOT again... DO NOT REDUCE YOUR CALS, you will need them to balance height and weight growth

if you have question feel free to wall me
    ask your pediatrician for better answer and assistance tho...
    have a good day
    arfff

5. MisterTinkles

Have your parents taken you to any special doctors to see exactly WHY you gain weight?

It's not just a clear case of "eating too much" or "eating the wrong things" anymore.

Most people are deficient in certain vitamins and minerals now days, which do a lot of different types of damage, including easy weight gain.

There are also stress factors. Are you overly stressed, depressed, or have anxiety?

There are also chemical and dna factors. Does obesity or "chubbiness" run in your family? There also could be a chemical imbalance in your system.

To know how to deal with any weight/medical problem, you first have to find out what they cause is.

6. ChristianHipstr

Stay active regularly, plan your meals, eat healthy, and drink green tea. Make sure what you eat/drink matches your activity and workout regimen.

One thing I do, that I don't know if it works by fact or it's just me being silly, but I don't drink water when I eat. I prefer my meals to have enough fresh ingredients that I shouldn't have to, and I feel it dilutes digestive acids that are essential to the productivity of the metabolism. I also don't drink exceedingly hot or cold drinks. Our insides are sensitive and hot and cold drinks will slow down or hinder the normal functions.

This is essentially my entire plan :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Maybe do some research or try some of it out to see if it helps. Good luck bro

7. NathanielB13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for all the advice!
    Gymskirtboy: I have had an interest in biking and have just acquired a new mountain bike which I will be using with my Dad once he gets the bike rack. Also I have been trying to convince my parents to allow me to cycle up to school which has been an issue for me and my friends.
    Ofthekokiri: I have lost alot of stomach fat by growing taller which has boosted my self confidence it's just these "problems areas" have always stayed exactley the same. I have started to lower down unhealthy food I eat and replace it with fruit such as my lunch.
    sartorious: I have had problems classifying my weight as my brother unfortunately teased me alot when I was younger about my weight so that fear has never truly gone away and I always since then classed skinny as healthy. Also that exercise routine works for me as 30-45 minutes is all I really have for a weeknight. I've kinda gone through puberty and my school has also given me this technique just not as well explained as you did so it is fine to use.
    Mistertinkles: No I've never seen any special doctors regarding weight. My mum was overweight as a child then lost it in her teens and 20's but gained it back when she had my brother and me. My Dad was skinny as a child but he's a bodybuilder now , also my brother has been incredibley skinny his whole life and eats way worse than me. Is this mix of parents making me worse regarding weight?
    ChristianHpstr: Sounds like a good plan! Whats the thing with green tea? I have had problems with digestion ,only small nothing major and I think the thing that I'm missing alot in my dinner is fresh ingredients.
    Thanks again for all the advice and sorry for the long post, just felt I should address you all. Also researched fat in the legs and Gymskirtboy, you're right! Cycling helps to get rid of leg fat. Also quick question, this change in diet/exercise help get rid of spots? Just a thing I've heard on the internet

#7 NathanielB13, May 10, 2015
    Last edited: May 10, 2015
  8. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

arfff

RED
    Genetically if one parents is overweight/obese, the children have 44% chances to be overweight. if both parents overweight then the children have 88% chances to be overweight... why if both parents obese the kids tend to be obese? because kids tends to mimic the parents behavior and lifestyle on the early age of life. therefore kids from overweight parent have tendencies to develop obesity/overweight.

but why still there is spare of 12 chances, environmental factors and lifestyle also plays a role. if the kids live more active and join more phys ed or sport as extracurricular activities then the chances to develop obesity will be significantly lower.

remember its a tendencies not a certainty...

i remembered that my lecturer said that it also have something to do with insulin and intrauterine sugar metabolism, also something to do with leptin... but i'm really sure because i almost always fell asleep during genetics classes

ROYAL BLUE
    the thing about green tea that it have some sort of natural stimulant that some people may not be able to tolerate, same as caffeine in coffee (which is also a natural stimulant). do not drink that if it mess up with your digestive process

YELLOW GREEN
    the suggestion i mention above is to reduce overall weight, but if you wanted to target specific area you need to incorporate light weight training ( from body weight or using 1 kg to 5 kg dumbbells ), higher weight will result in hypertrophy (muscle enlargement)
    using combination of high reps with 3 to 5 sets will help you target certain body areas
    e.g.
    squats for legs and glutes
    push ups for chest and triceps
    one arm dumbbell rows for back and biceps
    sit ups and crunches for abs

there are a lot of exercises out there, you need to find one that suitable for yourself and try experimenting...

exercising is actually a lot of fun :slight_smile:

hopefully it helps tho
    feel free to ignore
    have a nice day
    arfff

#8 sartorious, May 10, 2015
  9. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hey . you're about to transform anyway over the next few years
    so the fat may go of its own accord
    but if you work in some good exercise routine in your life it will all help

10. Gymskirtboy

Gymskirtboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You can get real cheap ones off ebay or halfords and they are ok. I see your in Birmingham, when you dad has sorted that out see if you can get him to take you to Cannock Chase, its only about 20 miles north of Birmingham, and its the best place in the Midlands for bike tracks ranging from extremely easy to scary shit! :thumbsup:

11. ChristianHipstr

Green tea contains Polyphenols, which are very beneficial antioxidants, and Catechins (primarily Flavonoids), that will aid in digestive and metabolic processes, as well as tons of other benefits such as cancer prevention, lowering cholesterol, and risk of heart disease. It is also true that green tea has a substantial amount of caffeine. The type of caffeine found in it, although, is different then coffee. It tends to act in a slower, mild, more prolonged rate that will get you through the day peacefully. Rather than coffee, which will give you jitters and almost guarantees a crash in the early afternoon. Likewise, the caffeine in green tea is beneficial for your metabolism. It will speed up your metabolism, and as long as you remain active and eat healthy (in both food choice and portion size), then an increased percentage of weightloss is inevitable. The tea should not be harsh on your digestive system/stomach at all either. I recommend investing in some quality loose leaf tea to brew, rather then store bought commercial grade tea. It truly makes a difference.

My credibility in this is that I'm employee of a high end tea store, and a bit of a tea connoisseur in my spare time :wink:

#11 ChristianHipstr, May 10, 2015
  12. banana1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If someone brings up that convo I always tell my story, so I'm gonna do that here :slight_smile:

what really helped me was changing the foods I use to cook... buy more healthy stuff :wink:
    yes, salad can taste good if you know how to :wink:

if you just eat less or nothing you won't get the results you want and your change into the "I want to eat the whole store mood" - that didn't work out for me :wink:

do you have a smartphone? get yourself a step counter and try to increase over the months. I am doing this since last year, I failed with the step counter but overall I lost 10 kg / 22lb