1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for Gay and Lesbians

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by luckrunningout7, May 4, 2015.

1. luckrunningout7

If you are gay, would you date a trans male? If you are lesbian, would you date a trans female? Also would that make you bi?
    Me personally: I don't much like... "lady parts", so I guess I really wouldn't want sex... Okay I'm very uneducated is it even possible for people to switch their "parts". Im so sorry if I sound offensive in any way. Please don't hate me. Anyway... I wouldn't mind dating a trans male. I also wouldn't mind kissing or making out. I don't think it would be considered Bi, maybe theres some other term, if he wanted to be associated as a boy, then i would treat him as one. Ugh, please don't get mad at me if this seems offensive, I'm really srry if I am. What do you think? Please be honest!

2. Yosia

Yes, it is possible for people to change their 'parts' and I personally believe that a male dating a trans-male is still a gay relationship. ^.^

3. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't rule out that posibility in general.

I never was in the situation of deciding to date someone trans or not, so maybe I would be a bit scared at first. I can't help but I'm mainly inrested in females - Their minds and of course their bodies and their "parts" turn me on. So If someone identifies as female, there shouldn't be a problem regarding mind. After a sex change surgery I think it would also be ok. But I really can't foresee how I would be able to handle the whole "male parts" thing...
    But I definitely would give that person a chance. If we would have a deep connection then we would find a way to make it work somehow.

And no, I don't think that it would make me bi. The other person identifies as female, so we would be two girls dating after all.

4. matiasz94

matiasz94 Guest

Who you are with doesn't necessarily determine your sexual orientation. It could be just a certain person or time in your life that has nothing to do with who you are attracted to as a whole. Even after I came out as trans my girlfriend still is attracted to girls. She is attracted to me, but I was kind of grandfathered in; she still isn't attracted to guys.
    As much as I'd like to say I "turned her" or "changed her mind" but alas that is not how human sexuality works.

5. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    arfff

2nd BOLD
    YES people CAN change their parts
    FTM : Phalloplasty
    MTF : Neo-Vaginoplasty

1st BOLD
    this is a tricky question for me...
    yes lady parts is not for me obviously, but when it came to relationship although i prefer cis-male but the real quality i'm looking for in my man is someone with prominent masculinity, REALLY REALLY open minded and firm hand. If he is trans (FTM) as long as he have the quality i'm looking for and makes me feel happy and fulfilled then why not?? For sexual activity you can just strap on and send me to paradise island, gonna feels different but as long as the chemistry's there then i'm good...

thats my opinion tho
    arfff

6. Yami

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yea, I would. I wouldn't want to have any penissex tho :slight_smile:

7. Im Hazel

It depends. A transexual male, yes. As long as he didn't expect anything to do with vaginas. I guess I could date a transexual female, but I don't really know. I guess I'm still questioning that.

8. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I would date a trans male and I would be okay with having sex with him without being spooked out by the "lady parts" as you called them.

9. Mith

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Actually, I don't know, I wouldn't say "No, never", so far I didn't find any trans female attractive, but I would not exclude them in toto (if she has female parts, otherwise sexual part would be impossible to me, I'm not bi, I like women).
    Since I would be dating a woman, I'd say that yes, I'm still a Lesbian.

#9 Mith, May 4, 2015
    Last edited: May 4, 2015
  10. Phalange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I long for the day when there's no such thing as "lady parts" and "male parts".

[​IMG]

11. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would date a trans woman if I really fell in love with her. If not, I probably wouldn't.

12. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I would not date a pre-op trans woman, but I see no issues dating anyone post-op. For me the issue is sexual incompatibility. I really hate phallac looking objects and penetration to the point that I also exclude all cis women who love sex toys/strap-ons from my dating pool. Plus I prefer to give, so I don't see how it would work.

However, they are still women, pre or post op, and lesbians who like pre-op trans women are lesbians. Being gay is about loving the same gender, but plenty of gay people still have unique physical preferences.

13. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  14. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
  15. Aldrick

16. atoadaso

atoadaso Guest

Well, there's not really such a thing as "boy parts" & "girl parts." If you identify as a girl but you have a penis that you're content with keeping, congratulations--you've got lady parts! Also, romantic & sexual orientations are two entirely different animals. As long as sex isn't central to your relationships, you can be willing to date people you wouldn't necessarily have sex with. If a cis gay man dates a trans man, that's still a homosexual relationship, no matter what's between their legs or anything like that. I'm pan, so I have no qualms dating or sleeping with pretty much anyone that I'm attracted to in the first place!

17. Boudicca

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would date a transwoman. The only thing is that it might get tricky in the bed room. If she's completely post-op, then there would be no problem, but the idea of having sex with male genitalia involved freaks me out. I wouldn't even mind not having sex, just being is a romantic relationship until she has surgery, but I feel that wouldn't be fair to her. I feel bad about it, but penises make me extremely uncomfortable. I can't even imagine touching one. I feel like the likelihood of me ending up in a relationship with a transwoman to be low, since all the transpeople I've met (and there have only been 2) have been transmen. Having said all that, one of my biggest celebrity crushes is Laverne Cox. I would date the shit out of her.

18. Lipstick Leuger

I was married to a transwoman so I was in a lesbian relationship anyhow. Even though his body was still male and pre-opt.

19. Steele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I would date a trans male.

While I do prefer "male parts," as you referred to them, if I really cared about the guy, I don't think I'd care about what he had between his legs.

20. luckrunningout7

You're totally right! I don't think it should matter who you're with. All that matters is that you love them.