1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever had a "gaydar glitch"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Driftr, May 3, 2015.

1. Driftr

I don't know if "gaydar glitch" is the right term to use, but I was wondering. Have you ever swore that someone was gay/bi and liked you back but when you made a move, they turned you down and maybe were weirded out?

Was it an embarrassing or awkward experience? Did they stop talking to you?

This has never happened to me and I'm not ever trying it. Not unless I'm at a gay club/bar lool.

2. las16663

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i think i need to take my gaydar back to the dealership, because mine has never worked.

3. Mero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    it could also just mean they don't necessarily liked you back, or are just not ready to come out of the closet just yet. :/

4. Spacesword

I am sure my gaydar is dead.

I have thought that someone was straight and they were gayer than a three dollar bill and the one person I thought was gay(she always dressed in guy cloths and wore rainbows a lot.) ended up being straight and uncomfortable as heck with LGBT themes.

5. ApexxShadow

Once there was this girl that I KNEW wasn't straight and there was something going on....

now she has a boyfriend ._.

6. Psaurus918

This is the exact reason I approach people in person. This is why I prefer dating sites you sign up say you're a guy looking for another guy and there are no awkward moments lol

7. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have a terrible gaydar...

8. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Rarely. It only happens if the guy is "straight looking," is by himself someplace public, hasn't opened his mouth, and, then, later on, makes more intense eye contact, as in WTF.

Today, I went to a restaurant in a regular older neighborhood where there were 2 tables where several gay guys and several lesbians were seated, although at separate tables. The lesbians were celebrating one of their birthdays. If the gaydar wasn't working today, then I don't have a pulse!

This then raises the question of whether people just look LGBT or try to look LGBT so they can signal to other LGBT people. I've heard both theories.

9. luckrunningout7

The question should be "Has you gaydar ever been correct?" My gaydar was purchased from a gas station from the middle of nowhere. My gaydar consists of glitches. There was only one time when I was sort of correct. I saw this cute guy at my sisters guard competition and thought he was cute, but figured he probably was dating a guy. Later on I saw him walking hand-in-hand with his boyfriend...

10. matiasz94

matiasz94 Guest

I'm still waiting for this guy I dated in high school to come out.

11. TeddyV

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Nope. My gaydar is working pretty good.

12. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The other way around. I thought my ex was gay before he started flirting with me and talking about dating girls. Even when we were dating I wasn't the only one that thought he might be gay/bi. I'm still not convinced that was a glitch.

13. C P

C P

It happens 24/7, mostly because I seem to be that oblivious to what could be flirting. There seems to be a huge blur between that and someone just being nice that I can't bother to try to distinguish. I now just pretty much always toss it under the latter.