1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Age gap!?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TeddyV, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The idea of sex with a woman who is old enough to be my mother isn't appealing. And the relationship might not work because we wouldn't have much in common. I like to get really silly and act like a kid sometimes.

2. BehindTheAura

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't mind an age gap with either me being the older one or my boyfriend being the older one. I don't really mind as long as it isn't a 20+ age difference.

3. kindagreat

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think age doesn't matter, but yes to date someone like our own mother may feel strange, but i don't know, i have friends that are maybe 12 years older than me, but we get on fine, even thinking of dating them doesn't disgust me. So in my opinion, it depends on how they act, not saying they have to be all childish, its how they interact with us and if we feel comfortable and such.. i hope that makes sense.

4. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, this is interesting. I'd be interested to know your stance on my partner being 6 years older than myself. It seems like you're making a massive generalisation here if I'm totally honest.

I understand that in some instances age gaps can be problematic but that's not a reason to tar every body with the same brush.

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are exceptions. They're rare -- probably 1 in 1000, if we're talking about genuinely healthy relationships with large age gaps -- but they exist.

6. MonsterAnarchy

My life partner is 19, I'm 15.
    We met in high school so it wasn't really weird for us.
    Like, I thought it was weird cause why would a cute, nerdy, nicely built senior like a weird, awkward fluffy freshman?
    It's still hard to wrap my mind around it still, and we've been official for almost a year xD

7. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you really don't know the difference between mentoring and the healthy learning that comes of self-growth motivated by one's own inquisitiveness rather than by an older mentor/teacher... I'm not sure what to tell you. Then again, given what you said, you probably don't know the difference.

Learning is important. And self growth in a relationship is important too. Having a partner who is a mentor... Not healthy and not the kind of growth one should be seeking. Which is one of many reasons why age gap relationships are rarely healthy.