1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you enjoy shopping?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lawrence, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Justinian20

I love shopping for myself, when I go to the shops I can spend 1 hour looking for one pair of clothes, I don't hate grocery shopping, but only because if I do it, I can choose what I want. So that I can do experimental cooking, my family cooks plain as food. For me it all depends on if I am shopping for myself, that is the most enjoyable, but mens shoes are never small enough for me. Womens shoes are more the right size.

2. That one guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I can go where I want and don't have to traipse after others then yeah it's alright

3. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It depends.

Long time "used" shopper. My mother and I did garage sales quite a bit when I was a child. That faded as a teenager--but we moved on to thrift and antique stores. These days, I'm mostly doing thrift stores--my budget does not stretch much further. I don't buy much now, but I still like seeing what turns up.

Clothes shopping is something I really don't particularly like. It's a necessity from time to time, and something to get done quickly and cheaply. Actually, it seems like I often integrate it with other shopping (often in the friendly thrift store!), perhaps to keep the pain level down.

Grocery shopping is, surprisingly, something I don't particularly mind. At my most pitiful, the grocery store can be a change of scene. But past that, I casually know several people at my primary store. A lot of my shopping time is taken up by stopping to chat. Past this, one does have to eat...

If I ever get back into a serious cooking phase, I might even take more interest in grocery stores...

I also like farmer's markets. It can be interesting taking with the vendors. But the big selling point is finding stuff that is better than the grocery store, cheaper, or both.

4. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Not at all! When I shop it's like a seal team six mission, Get in and get out!

5. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It depends. I hate grocery shopping because of all the people and stupid cashiers. I love garage sales because I can get stuff very cheaply. I got a Sammy Sosa jersey for $2.50 a few weeks ago. I also got a Hollister shirt for $1 too. I have a certain secret to get good deals, but I cannot divulge it. :wink: It is legal though.

6. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hate the people, too. My least favorite time to shop is late afternoon weekdays, and any time during the day on weekends. I generally go in during the evening--often 9 or later. Bonus: I don't need to put sunscreen on before crawling out of my coffin. :lol: Other bonus: the evening has some clearance specials. Other time that might be worth trying: early in the morning. Stocking should be complete, and yet few customers. I think my mother did that for years.

Stupid cashiers are, indeed, tiresome. I do what I can to avoid them...

7. HopeOwl

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I only enjoy shopping when i know what im going for and i can go in the shop get what i want then go home, Otherwise i find it annoying and boring. I tend to complain a lot when i go with friends because its busy and they forever want to try stuff on then decide that after 5 hours they don't want anything.

When im with them i feel like the guys in the movies, Who sit in the chairs and moan, looking a their watches, falling asleep.

So it depends if by myselfand know what im going for yes with friends and they take ages no.

:roflmao:

8. crystalgem

Out Status:
    A few people
    I like the idea of shopping that I have in my head..like me getting a bunch of clothes that just fits my gender and makes me feel good. But that hardly ever happens.

9. AlexKnight

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I used to hate clothes shopping, but I guess I started enjoying it more once my parents became supportive of what I wore. I now have a tie collection in my closet and it's great. Food shopping is nice too, but not so much when the stores are packed. The best days to go are Sundays because that's when most of the people in my town are at church. Less anxiety that way, as I don't like large crowds.

10. silkyprince

Out Status:
    A few people
    i really really love shopping online. it's so much easier finding what you want when you can search it up. but usually i end up wanting everything, haha.

11. MisterTinkles

Mister Tinkles' Power Shopping Service is open for business!!!

Don't like shopping! Give me your list and an open account, and I will shop for you!

Bonded and licensed for shopping for shoppers who hate shopping!

[​IMG]

12. ouji

ouji Guest

Yes, I absolutely love shopping both online and in stores.

13. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not to mention shopping at night has other advantages: the hot stock boys!

14. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Yes, when I'm loaded.

15. AlamoCity

Not going to lie, I was at WALMART at 1AM in the morning and this very hot stocker was pushing a pallet. Let's just say I followed him for a bit (pretending I was going in the same direction, and just looked at his ass for a good minute.

16. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Grocery Shopping:
    It is what it is. I go in, I get what I want/need, and then pay and leave. Sometimes, I run across things I'd like to try.

Also, there are several opportunities to talk to people, even when grocery shopping. I find that fun and a bit of a challenge.

Clothes Shopping:
    I like it, for the most part. Sometimes you may not find your size, but that's okay. You can usually always find something else.

Again, opportunities to communicate with people, customer or employee.

Personal Shopping:
    Electronics, books, or accessories. I find this the most fun to do.

Usually, this is the easiest when it comes to talking to others, because you're in a more casual setting.

17. White Knight

I hate shopping... not buying things but wandering aimlessly for hours and look at what is out there.

I spot something I like somewhere, dive to fetch it and rise to my normal life from shopping hell.

I also hate going to mall with females and enduring their endless window shopping.

18. timo

[​IMG]

I hate shopping. I hate the ridiculous amount of people out there when I'm there*, I hate the employees who bother you a million times even when you say you don't want their help, I hate the time you have to spend on it in general before you find something you like**. So these days I buy most of my stuff online and have it delivered to my work. And if I don't like something, I send it back. It's perfect :grin:

The only exception is going to a record store. I love browsing records. And grocery shopping is something I don't mind, but mostly cause it's necessary.

*) no, I can't go at a more quiet time because of work
    **) yes, I'm picky, and a grumpy old man

19. Kilbert

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Only when I'm doing it, and not with somebody else who's doing it (where I am automatically given the role of carrying everything).

I like food and tech-related shopping the best. A little bit uncomfortable with clothes shopping.

20. slakers

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love shopping, but only when we're buying what I want and we do it in a timely manner. I like to get in, get what we need, and leave. I really hate wasting time walking around the mall when there are a million other things I could be doing rather than "oh look at that shirt in the mannequin in the store." Of course, I don't rush people if it turns into one of those because I like to be polite and respect that maybe they like to look at ever single little thing. :bang: