1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are some good ps3 games?! I would like some recommendations please?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ChloeKiss, Apr 24, 2015.

1. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I've already played both The Walking Dead games and The Last Of Us and i've played Red Dead Redemption before. ALL AWESOME GAMES!!!

So.. any recommendations guys? Preferably ones that are like the ones I listed above. Similar settings.. and storyline if you know what I mean?

Is Beyond: Two Souls good?

2. 404dotexe

Two words: Mass Effect! XD

3. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Okay I will consider that one! :slight_smile:

4. Jakob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mass Effect, Uncharted series, Borderlands series, Skyrim, Battlefield(s), Assassin's Creed series, Far Cry 3 & 4.

5. nohalos

Beyond: Two Souls, Heavy Rain (These two have great storylines), all the Resident Evil games for PS3... I'll come back once I check my stash. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Heavy Rain has been suggested to me! I am thinking of buying it! Okay I liked one of the resident evil movies! I've only seen 1 and I am seriously considering getting the games!

---------- Post added 24th Apr 2015 at 09:22 PM ----------

Mass Effect & Uncharted Series looks good! Thanks! :thumbsup:

7. guitar

I'll echo Resident Evil, but I would recommend 0-4, 2 being my favorite.

FFX the HD remaster was quite good if you're into RPGs. The voice acting cast is really good in that game (Bender from Futurama & Princess Clara from Drawn Together are both in it).

8. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Omg Drawn Together is a hilarious show. Yeah I don't know if i'm really into Final Fantasy but.. the games are pretty good if I remember correctly.

9. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    -Can't go wrong with GTA 4 & 5...
    -Mortal Kombat 9 & X...
    -God of War...

10. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I'll move this to the gaming section. :slight_smile:

Ps. Last of Us all the way!

11. Foz

Foz Guest

The best game I've played is called popping off to the shops and buying a PS4 XD

Dying Light is awesome though, a zombie game that isn't a stereotypical zombie game.

12. Lazuri

The PS4 is fucking pointless though. You've got a fairly powerful machine and almost every game on the console are indie games that are also available for PC and have system reqs so low that you don't even need a gaming PC to play them. Pointless console. The only game worth getting it for thus far is Bloodborne.

As for PS3, Beyond: Two Souls is alright, but it's not really a game, more like an interactive drama. Some like it, most hate its guts. Same with Heavy Rain. If you want my recommendations, I will say Okami. It is the best game that I have ever played in my entire life. There's also Journey, but it's not really a traditional game, more of an emotional Journey. People have suggested the Uncharted series, but to be honest the second game is the only one that's exceptional. The other two are mediocre at best and frustrating at worst with difficulty curves resembling rollercoasters. If you want something similar that is a much better game, try the 2013 Tomb Raider reboot. It has the added bonus of letting you get your panties wet over Lara Croft.

13. biandstuff

Destiny is pretty decent, Oblivion and Skyrim are masterpieces and Resistance is quite a fun FPS

14. Foz

Foz Guest

Hmmm, not quite. All the remastered and ported PS3 titles look and perform better than on the PS3, as well as things like draw distance and number of AI. GTA 5, Far Cry 4, The Crew, Dying light are far superior on PS4 than PS3. Driveclub was a PS4 exclusive and was sublime.

15. YunoGasai

black ops 2 , world at war , black ops 1 , black ops 3(probably) , vondahaar is god simulator 2020. 420 kushtown ,

anway i guess granturismo series , heavy rain , the walking dead (NOT SURVIVAL INSTINCT) just some off the top off my head , i guess advanced warfare isnt bad either

---------- Post added 26th Apr 2015 at 01:29 PM ----------

pc master race :slight_smile:

16. Foz

Foz Guest

I built a gaming PC 18 months ago, total waste of money IMO. The only good thing is gaming on a 2560x1080 monitor is pretty cool.

17. Lazuri

I'm not hearing reasons to buy a PS4 here, I'm hearing reasons to buy a gaming quality PC. The only exclusive you mentioned was Driveclub and games like that only attract a certain part of the audience. You don't like racing games, your post contained no arguments.

I love consoles and I had high hopes for the new gen, but they all disappointed me. I stand by my previous statement that the only reason to get a PS4 is Bloodborne and the only reason for an Xone is Sunset Overdrive. Everything else that's "new gen" is available for PC and the system requirements aren't even that high.

I also find it funny that you mentioned the last gen remasters like it was a good thing. All you did was mentioning the other half of the PS4 library. Indie games and games we've already played. Wow, what a console.

18. Jellal

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Best RPG I've played this decade. A colorful, epic journey with studio ghibli animation, 100+ hours of content, marvelously well-detailed lore ... a must-own masterpiece. No exceptions.

19. CuriousLiaison

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Someone needs to second Uncharted. It's by the same people that did The Last of Us, and they always make games of a really high standard. The first game is merely good. 2 & 3 are sublime, and I think it's worth playing the first to meet the characters.

Portal 1&2 are also excellent. It's a wonderful world to visit, the characters are wonderful. Portal 1 you can only buy as part of a collection called the Orange Box (which also has Half Life 2), which should be available cheaply, and Portal 1 only takes a few hours. Portal 2 is a full length game.

What else? I'd also agree with the Mass Effect trilogy, Far Cry 3, God of War 1, 2 and 3 GTA5 if you don't have a more advanced system. The first two Batman Arkham games as well.

20. Jakob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You. I like you.