1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walking in a binder?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Acm, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Acm

Acm Guest

So I only have one binder, and I've barely worn it at all so far. My main problem is that although I want to wear it to school, I have to walk home from school every day. It's about 2 miles, and it's often very hot out. I've heard that you shouldn't wear binders while exercising, and I also worry about sweating too much in it. Would it be bad for me to wear it while I walked? It wouldn't damage the binder itself would it?

2. DarkWolf

Out Status:
    Some people
    I would think it would be more of a problem if you were running home as suppose to just walking. I have traveled to and fro while wearing a binder and hasn't been a problem though it hasn't gotten hot out yet for me.

3. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It might not be super comfy to wear if it's hot, but the rule about not wearing binders when exercising is about breathing, not about sweating. As long as you aren't running and you aren't out of breath, it should be perfectly safe for you to wear a binder. And I doubt the sweating would damage the binder, though you may have to wash it more often.

4. Entrian

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah sweating won't really mess up your binder. Just make it smell gross, but you can always wash it. But if it starts bothering you, you could always carry around a sports bra and switch out before walking long distances.

5. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As long as you aren't doing strenuous activity like intense running, you'll be okay. You might be a little uncomfortable, but no harm will come to your binder if you sweat in it.

6. Acm

Acm Guest

Alright that's good to hear. I feel like I get especially dysphoric on walks but I've avoided wearing my binder just in case. I'll wear it now.