1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shifting sexualities

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Yewlander, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Yewlander

Has anyone ever experienced this? When I was younger I had crushes on guys and girls (more on girls, honestly), but after I came out when I was 18, my feelings towards men diminished to the point where I'm not even quite sure if I'm attracted to men anymore now. I'm not sure if this is a case of fluid sexuality, or perhaps coming out just made me realize who I truly was--someone who is possibly mostly gay, and before I was relying on that small part of myself that could be attracted to guys. I'm not sure. At any rate, these days I'm not sure if I'm bisexual or gay or what. Is it even common for gay folks to have had several crushes on the opposite sex before coming out?

2. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know if this is related but when I realized I was a trans woman I started noticing how guys were mote attractive to me than before. Now I actually get nervous around a cute guy and I get butterflies when before that would only happen around a cute girl >.<

3. ApexxShadow

Sexuality and gender are fluid. They shift over time, but don't rush yourself into putting on a label. Label yourself with something you feel comfortable with, or if you don't want a label that's fine too. Maybe, you have a preference for girls? I can't tell you your sexuality, but feel free to message me if you ever need advice <3 :slight_smile:

4. Yewlander

I guess it's hard for me because I really do want to have a label, just for the certainty, and also because I really would rather just be gay.... isn't that odd? I guess I like women so much that I don't want any men to tempt me! Hehe. So that's why this dilemma is really bugging me right now.

5. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Labels are hard to come to terms with when you're in the initial stages of questioning. At first I couldn't imagine myself doing anything besides sex with a guy, but now I can, since I've forced myself to see past the things I can't "see".

Sometimes it takes time. Took me around 9 months to finally accept that I like both guys and girls, and in different ways.

6. Emily1

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    From 16-18 I lusted after boys, however, after accepting my attraction to girls at 19, my lust for men began to diminish. Now, my attractions to girls are so predominant that I identify as gay. This may not be your situation but I just thought you should hear it in case it is. You're not alone!

7. RedLynx

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I also have a similar situation. I know I'm bi but now, my attraction towards men are purely aesthetic. To add to that I'd only been with a guy once and swear would never do it again. And since I'm in a relationship right now, it really doesn't matter anymore.

8. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm gay now but for a few years I was attracted to women.