1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alcohol-induced homosexuality

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by marie11, Apr 19, 2015.

1. marie11

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was talking to a straight-identified friend of mine who was saying she makes out with girls when drunk, but wouldn't sober. I've known other girls who say they do this because "guys like it" and it makes them seem less "boring". Now maybe they're saying those are their reasons to hide their true feelings, but if not I find this really annoying. I have struggled for such a long time with my sexuality and have felt so much shame about my desire to kiss girls, meanwhile someone else is just doing it at a bar one night for the attention. I know everyone has the right to their choices and people should be able to kiss whoever they please, but I still feel frustrated. I also feel like people are less likely to believe my queer identity because I'm a young college female and I must just be "experimenting". I know I probably shouldn't be so offended, but just a rant. :dry:

2. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Alcohol usually decreases a person's inhibitions, which could explain behaviour such as what your friend explained.

3. marie11

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I guess it bothers me because I hear people say they did it on purpose for the attention rather than just because they felt like it at the time. But hey, I don't really know what's going in people's heads.

4. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People can do what they want. You're overreacting.

5. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Some straight boys let out repressed Gay desires when they're shitfaced...Which reminds me...

6. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Definitely true for me, on top of social anxiety. I could see some girls using it as an excuse, and in fact have known a few to admit doing so.

7. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sadly, for many people, this kind of thing can be what paves the road to troublesome addictions.

8. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As BryanM said, alcohol reduces a person's inhibitions.

Sure, some women do it to get attention from guys, but I think there are at least a few of them who actually want to do it when sober, but don't have the guts to do it. Add alcohol to the mix and they feel confident and then go for it.

It does kinda bother me too that some girls "act bisexual/gay" to get attention from guys, because many of those guys think that true bisexual women are also only doing it to get attention. So it makes things for true bisexuals a little harder when it comes to convincing others that it's for real. At the end of the day, though, what other people choose to do, is just that: A choice. And though some don't take it seriously, I'm sure that most of them don't mean any offence to actual bisexuals. Try to just roll with the punches, and just do what makes you happy. What others choose to do is their business

9. Aaren

I don't mind. I like drunk girls who want to make out :grin:

10. 741852963

Some obviously do, but I don't think thats necessarily always the case.

You get gay men who have sex with women when drunk - and obviously there wouldn't be "repressed hetero desires" there.

I think the answer is more that alcohol lowers inhibitions and makes people horny and a little wild.

11. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

As others have said, alcohol does lower inhibitions. So they're not really gay. It's one reason why I'm afraid to ever drink around anyone else.

12. Jakob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah, yes, "barsexuals".

13. Manitoban

Yeah...

14. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with this. I personally think that some who show this kind of behaviour when drunk actually would like to do that when sober too. =)

Like VelvetBlade and BryanM said, alcohol makes it easier to people to do those things. And the people who resort to alcohol and do that might have the same struggles as you, marie11. =) Do people know you are/were struggling with your sexuality? I bet it's the same for some people you know. They struggle, but they don't show their struggles. Drinking alcohol might be their way of coping with it.

15. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I get more bold with alcohol , i made out with some chick while drunk spanked her ass . If it wasn't for my friends i would have went home with her . This is the one time they should have left me drunk .
    i don't know about anyone else but . I start not giving a fuck who knows I'm a lesbian . make out with random chicks one time too i slapped a married woman on the ass that was one of my worse moments :eusa_doh:
    I have rejected straight men while drunk so i don't, but i'm with falling on this

#15 stocking, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015