1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much violence is TOO much violence?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by MisterTinkles, Apr 17, 2015.

?

HOW much tv/movie violence is TOO much violence?

Poll closed Feb 11, 2016.
  1. ANY type of violence is TOO much

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Slapping and punching are TOO much

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Stabbing and shooting are TOO much

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. Showing murder/death/killing is TOO much

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Dismemberment/blood-n-guts is TOO much

12 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Rapha Lover

Violence is a normal thing that always belongs in human history!
    I'm not saying that the human nature is evil, but not every violence is essentially bad.

Slavoj Zizek in your book ''Violence'' he's show types of violence and how they are express in differents situations in different lifes, of course with a political view. One thing that I most admired in book is the subject and object violence. The subject is the violence which us saw everyday in news; violence protests, strikes, brutal police force and etc and the more terrible violence, the object: Is just the systemic violence that explore, segregate, and kill the human to maintain the status quo!

That means, kill a person could be a ''good'' thing, depended of your motive! And violence is different from society to society! We can't have a unilateral vision that ''violence is 100% bad every time, everywhere'' and vice-verse!

Anyway, this is the violence in a political view, but is a daily view as well!

#21 Rapha Lover, Apr 18, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  2. Quiet Raven

It is true that violence in movies can make people more violent to an extent. This does not mean they will imitate exactly what they see on TV. And if people are mature enough (Not necessarily old enough, kids can be mature) there is nothing wrong with watching it. But that is what rating systems and warning labels are for.

There is nothing wrong with any amount of violence. Though as others have said I like my movies to have more substance then just that. And super gory scenes do make me a little uncomfortable so I am not a fan of those. Same with extended rape scenes. I don't mind watching a rape scene, as long it is brief.