1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans/gender man to women /women to man

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by miss curlywurly, Apr 16, 2015.

1. miss curlywurly

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I was just watching a documentary about trans. It angered me with the amount of abuse they received . Why Is it impossible for people to accept what others want to be. In the documentary it showed all the steps you have to take before the operation. I never realised how life changing it all is.

One lady spoke about after she had her operation and returned to work she was never identified as a women but as oh that's the trans person and so on. I was in bits that she went through all what she did.

I don't know much about trans gender but from what I saw it's a very difficult and emotional path . I would like to find out more or hear your side.

I did witness a marriage what was lovely . You could tell it was ment to be they both was trans gender and I don't see anything wrong with it. There love was so strong I've not seen that before with others .

2. Sam I Am

Can you tell us the name of the documentary?

3. miss curlywurly

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Oops sorry . It was called forbidden love . :slight_smile:

4. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Just yesterday a person I thought was a friend revealed their true colours (I like to spell it that way don't judge ahaha) and they were mingendering me knowing that it would upset me and long story short he called me a tranny among other things I will not post here. I was about to cry when most of the sadness turned into anger. I still cant believe that a person who I considered one of my best friends would turn out to be a transphobic cunt.

5. Formality

Yes it's terrible how trans people are being treated in society. Most people I knew in my old school were "ok" with homosexuality, but I don't think anyone was very trans aware I mean they would probably not say anything hateful, but they don't understand it or sympathise.

I remember at our high school "prom" there was a transwoman and even one of my best friends, who's now studying to become a therapist or counselor or something, even she was all "look, that guy is a tranny, that's weird." It made me very angry but I calmly said something like "ye, so what?". I know she and a lot of people aren't genuinely trying to be insensitive, they just don't always think ahead or quite understand what it is they really are saying. :/

6. miss curlywurly

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

I'm sorry you had to go through that unicorn Queen. People are so horrible for their own reasons. It must hurt as you considered this person a friend. His loss as your such a great person. Luckily you saw his true colours . Sorry just replying . If you want to talk more im here :slight_smile: .

---------- Post added 17th Apr 2015 at 06:19 PM ----------

I agree with your comments even me I wasn't educated on trans/gender so when I would hear before talking or see someone transitioning I would take myself away from the situation as I was uncomfortable . I would never abuse or be nasty as everybody is unique . Im learning more each day but still don't know much .

I think now being 24 that schools should educate people about it. I went to a school where if you mentioned the word GAY you was given detention . Times have changed . A little understanding and compassion goes a long way .

7. RainDreamer

I am afraid to come out.

8. miss curlywurly

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

I can only imagine how you feel. If you want to talk about your worries/concerns I'm here . :slight_smile:

9. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm actually glad I saw his true colours (I hate the american spelling of the word) so I dont waste any more time associating with a hateful and closeminded person :slight_smile:. Thanks, love n_n you're so sweet c,:

10. MojoDojo

For me personally, it's been a mix. Everything between, complete acceptance, to hurt, to confusion, to being attacked at a bus stop yesterday.

11. miss curlywurly

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Aww you are welcome and thank you . I wouldnt ponder on the situation . Your living your life whist others are bitter :-(

---------- Post added 18th Apr 2015 at 03:41 PM ----------

I'm sorry you was attacked . How are you hope your ok. If you want to talk we are here online. Did your friends and family take it hard . In the programme I watched . The family etc stood by the choices etc. I'm rubbish at words so apologise :slight_smile: .

---------- Post added 18th Apr 2015 at 03:55 PM ----------

I read this today . Mirror online :slight_smile: thought I would share.

Autistic boy didn't love his daddy as Bob until he became Mummy Roxy
    Struggling with depression and the inner turmoil of being trapped in the wrong body, moody Bob Wallace found it impossible to bond with his son William.

But all that changed when the former bodyguard finally became a woman, Roxy – and a huge weight was lifted off the 50-year-old’s shoulders.

The move sparked a loving *relationship that had been missing for seven years as Bob lived the life of a virtual recluse due to the bitterness and anger that had built up inside him.

And instead of being “grumpy daddy”, she is now autistic William’s cherished “mummy Roxy”.

And the nine-year-old has told how he never wants his old dad back.

Roxy also had the full support of wife of 20 years Jo, 44, and the pair are now in a lesbian relationship.

But she admitted she was worried about losing both Jo and William with her decision to become a woman.

Happy family: Roxanna, William and Jo Wallace
    Roxy said: “My biggest fear about was that it would push my family away. But now I feel like the luckiest woman in the world.

"Not only has my amazing wife stood by me, but my son and I are closer than ever.”

She was supposed to keep her secret from William until he was at secondary school.

But in July 2014, she could wait no longer and, with Jo’s blessing, told the boy his father was now a mother.

To everyone’s relief, William accepted the situation straight away.

Jo said: “We showed him a picture of Roxy to see how he would react and he was fine.

"Next time, Roxy put on her full make-up, wig and outfit and we *introduced her properly to William.

“He instantly took a liking to her and wanted cuddles all the time.”

Before: Bob Wallace before he became Roxanna Louisa Wallace
    Roxy added: “We told William he could carry on calling me daddy if he wanted to, but he refused.

"He said, ‘Why would I do that?’ and instantly started calling me ‘Mummy Roxy’.

"As soon as I became Roxy, William was totally at ease with me. He is *confident and happy and we are now so close we do everything together.

“I wasn’t the best dad but I’m making up for lost time by being a better mother.

“Bob was so masculine and afraid to show emotions but Roxy is very tactile and loving. Nothing makes me happier than when William jumps on me and gives me a huge kiss.

"He says he never wants Bob to come back because he was ‘grumpy’ and ‘used to shout a lot’. I agree, Bob was a misery guts.”

Bob became William’s full-time carer after his birth in 2006.

But as he plunged deeper into his depression he began suffering crippling migraines and tried to distance himself from him.

Married: Jo and Bob Wallace on their wedding day in Gloucester in 1994
    Roxy, of Churchdown, Glos, said: “I was so depressed and in pain every day I convinced myself Jo would do a runner and I’d be left without her or William.

"I put up a wall between us. I’d feed, water and bathe him but I never connected with him emotionally.”

Roxy told how she had always felt different for but it took decades to realise she was transgender.

She added: “I had never felt right in myself. Since I was eight, I’d never been into football and just wanted to read Jackie magazine.

"I first put on female clothes when I was 12 just to see what it would feel like. At 16 I tried it again and my step father found the clothes I had hidden.

"He called me a ‘freak’ and threatened to ship me off to a psychiatrist. After that, I desperately tried to suppress those feelings.”

Bob and Jo married in 1994. But shortly after he became depressed and spent most of his time indoors.

Call centre worker Jo said: “Watching Bob become a recluse was so painful. He was in turmoil but even he didn’t know why.”

Happy family: Jo, William and Roxanna Wallace
    Then, in 2013 Bob dropped the *bombshell news he wanted to be a woman.

Jo said: “It came out of nowhere, but suddenly everything made sense.

“I’d always known something was eating him up inside. I was shocked, but all I wanted was for Bob to be happy so I agreed to help him.

"After all, I had been in love with him for 20 years and it didn’t matter to me what he looked like on the outside.

"Obviously I was more physically attracted to Bob but over time my attraction to Roxy has grown.”

Bob began with hormone treatment, changed his name by deed poll and was referred to the Laurels gender clinic in Exeter.

She hopes to have full gender *reassignment in December.

She and Jo regularly go on nights out together.

Jo said: “For the first time in decades Roxy can be herself and that in has made us more in love than ever.

“I’m just looking forward to Christmas now as Roxy will have had her surgery and will finally have the body she should have been born with.”

12. miss curlywurly

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    My apologies just re checked the name of the documentary and it's actually called : my gender swap marriage . Not what is written above. My sky box saved the wrong title .