1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite Classes

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Purp, Apr 14, 2015.

1. ALittleWorrier

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm a film major and love anything art, but I took an Anthropology class my very first quarter in college, and LOVED it. Seriously made me rethink my major, but naaah. Still love anthro though. :slight_smile:

2. MyFlowerKing

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My favorite class to be in was probably American History, my teacher was incredibly humorous (albeit in a very sarcastic, occasionally slightly offensive or crude way) and made the material we learned very easy to remember. We also did current events, in which we did talk about gay marraige rights/ the new freedom of religion laws or whatever the hell they are in like indiana and such. It was cool because instead of feeding us "the truth" like most teachers- ie what they believe- he had none, even if he didn't outside of school. His policy for gay marraige is that if you don't like it, don't do it. And his slogan for the abortion controversy is "one penis;no vote" As in since he was a guy, and he couldn't give birth, he had no room to speak for women all over the country. He could also do a spot of Richard Nixon impression which as hilarious.

3. Rawrzilla

Rawrzilla Guest

• Digital Illustration
    • Editorial Design
    • Semiotics
    • & Introduction to Psychology

4. sartorious

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    high school:
    1. Biology
    2. Chemistry
    3. Astronomy and Astrophysics ( preparation for national science olympic classes )

damn i'm a total nerd

University : pre meds
    1. Advanced Cardiac Anatomy and Physiology : really love this stuff
    2. Human Sexuality : easy grade, interesting topics
    3. Electives; Sport Medicine : Looking at well built male athletes & jocks with their glorious body and attached package in minimal clothing all day... arff arfff yummmmm!!!

really miss the sport medicine classes, especially the study subjects
    oh crap, i'm a perv...

5. starlights

Out Status:
    A few people
    I never thought I'd say this ever, but my absolute favorite class in college was cosmology. Not make-up...stars! I'm not smart enough or science/math inclined enough to be an astrophysicist, but my teacher was awesome. She was an astronomer who had worked for NASA, and she explained things in ways that made them easy to understand. Stuff like how astronomers measure the distance of stars, or appreciating the scale of stars, systems and galaxies...that was fascinating to me.

My second favorite was probably Greek and Roman art.

6. Lazuri

History and English. English because I was so good at it that I barely had to do anything, in high school I aced the final test without taking it. History I like simply because I enjoy history.

7. cryptic

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My favourite class is English, but I'm not talking about literature here because we do that on Polish. English is just a foreign language and it's super easy so I don't have to do anything and my teacher is really cool :grin: I also really enjoy biology and chemistry. Too bad I'm graduating in a week :frowning2:

8. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I loved my Latin classes my senior year of high school, and it's probably the best class I ever had next to Psychology as a junior.

9. Psaurus918

In High School: World and American History

In college: Sociology

10. Kilbert

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    In our Psychology classes, I liked Behavior Analysis and Psycholinguistics. I also loved that subject where we discussed Hobbes', Locke's and Rousseau's views; I forgot the title.

Way back, I liked English.