1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any awkward LGBTQIA conversations with people?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 42Bowties, Apr 13, 2015.

1. 42Bowties

I remember one time when I was around 6 I asked my mom if girls could marry girls and she said sometimes and said I wanted to marry one. But that was just cuz at the time I thought boys were stupid smelly-poos. :slight_smile: But still, the look she gave me..... awwwwwkwaaaard

2. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Boys are still awkward smelly-poos. :lol:

My mom made this long speech about how hard it was for her to remember trans people's new pronouns. I don't even mean the ze/hir pronouns I just mean like he/him. She talked about it for a while. I just said that I didn't think it was too hard. Later, she was talking to me about my friend and somehow switched pronouns at least twice in about two sentences all in one breath.

3. whosamelia

Well, sort of awkward... Over the past year or so I've had several conversations with people in which they make it clear they're entirely supportive of gay rights, and I enthuse with them about how gay rights are important, but I still seize up when thinking about actually disclosing my own gayness. Aghhhhhhhhhhh. And yes. Boys ARE still awkward smelly-poos.

4. blackhatguy

I had a good one yesterday. Some friends and I were talking, two know I'm bi, one didn't. I was saying I was the slightest bit sad the semester's almost over, cause I won't see the cute girl in my class anymore. (Class of 25 people, all male except one, and I'm closer to her age than anyone else) Anyway, one of them was asking why I cared about that, I explained she was cute, etc. and when I left, I said "I'm bi, not gay." And that's how I came out to the third guy.

#4 blackhatguy, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  5. Lyze of kiel

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I came out to my girlfriend, We talked for a bit about it, and I could feel the awkwardness. So we talked about other stuff, and that was that.

6. RainbowVomiter

oh yeah, i've had awkward conversations about how homosexuals have tons of sex, bisexuals are greedy, gay kissing is gross, bisexuals can't be monogamous, with my parents. nowadays though, the only awkward conversation is advising me not to be very out. failed that one :lol:

7. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It pretty much always seems to be a conversation with family.

This year:

- my grandmother and I were in the car when she says,"Isn't it funny how some trees grow straight, while others grow crooked?" I didn't know what to say. She got a little upset and told me with urgency, that she asked me a question. I didn't give her the answer she wanted because, her question left me speechless. Later, I asked my mother and she tells that her mother was trying to see if I were gay.

- my current male celebrity crush is Boy George. Twice I've gone over my grandmother's house and played his music. The second time, she got even more disgusted than the first time and demanded to know why I kept looking him up. I didn't answer. I think if I told her the truth that she would think there really was something wrong with me. :/

- conversations with my mother about sexuality and her telling me that it's a delusion and is bad. And, that I have to pray for these poor people's souls.