1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thought I was gay, now I might be something else

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by elel, Apr 11, 2015.

1. elel

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi.
    So When I was 14, I started feeling an attraction to women. Then when I was 23, I began to lose attraction to men. I assumed after much thought that I am probably a lesbian.
    I don't get crushes on people very often. I don't develop feelings for people outside of feelings of friendship. I don't notice that much when people are attractive. I don't really get feelings of attraction at all.
    But now, out of nowhere I have developed an incredible emotional attraction to a guy(who is my roommate), and I am now attracted to him in every way. I'm not here for advice(our living situation doesn't really give me much to do about that), but I am a bit confused now).
    Is it possible to be demisexual towards one gender(men for me), but not as much towards another one? What is the best way to determine this?
    I don't have a lot of dating experience, so I am not used to having strong feelings for someone. So I honestly have no idea how to figure out what attracts me to someone.

2. Kyro

Out Status:
    A few people
    Preferences for one gender over another can be very common with anyone with attraction whether that be emotional or sexual, to more than one gender. For example, I have a friend who is a bisexual female but has a great preferance for women emotionally than men, although she has much more sexual attraction to men. But she has relationships with both. What attracts you to someone is probably emotional for you since you say you don't have sexual attraction that much or at all. You could just be asexual or maybe leaning toward asexuality but be completely biromantic or whatever kind of romantic. But I cannot determine this exactly as only you can, but I hoped I helped. :slight_smile:

3. elel

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You have helped. I do think I am some form of asexual(probably demisexual or graysexual). I just feel like I need to explore this more.