1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Womens clothes size to mens clothes size

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by I'm_Danni_x, Apr 10, 2015.

1. I'm_Danni_x

Somewhere in the near future I'll be wearing "feminine" male clothes and I was wondering about the size difference. I'm a size 8 in women's clothes what size would I be in men's clothes? I don't want to be walking into the shop and trying on all the clothes sizes, I'd rather go into a shop and know what size I'm looking for. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

2. DarkWolf

Out Status:
    Some people
    The best way to get an idea of what your size is to measure waist/hip and inseam length. (I am not sure about UK sizes, but in the US men sizes are typically waist/inseam so converting a women's size to a men's size doesn't really work). You still might need to try on a few different sizes at the store, but at least you will be in the ballpark of your size.

3. oJustMe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i'm a size 8 and i wear mens jeans a lot- i wear size 28. but a lot of jeans don't go down that small - i just try the smallest size they have. most mens t-shirts tend to be S,M,L or XL - again anything bigger than S is massive on me. I suppose it depends what you want to wear? I'm a jeans and t-shirt kind of person. Hope that helps :slight_smile: xxx

4. GayJay

I was a size 8 in women's last time I put on women's clothes on.
    when I first started wearing men's clothes, I found a 30R in pants and jeans to be best and either a small or medium top depending on the shop and make of the top.

Also cheaper shops tend to make bigger clothes on the UK high street. So I reckon it changes the size of tops you get a lot, I have a fair bit of lounging clothes from cheaper shops and in some of them in only a XSmall, where as from my usual shop(Burtons mainly) I'm a medium.
    If you bind probably a small, if not try a medium first as of course men's clothes don't account for that.

Hope this helped!:slight_smile:

---------- Post added 10th Apr 2015 at 04:32 PM ----------

28R is often the largest boys size. So if your not tall they are probanly the best bet but yeah that's the kids section. But hey it's cheaper for the same clothes most of the time.

I get a lots of jumpers from the boys..sad to be 20 this year and buying age 15 but ah well

5. oJustMe

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    yeah i'm short too so i buy a lot of kids clothes and yes cheaper - no tax :slight_smile: Also kids shoes. A lot to be said for kids shoes. and they tend to go up to size 5 :slight_smile:

do i just look like a kid?

6. I'm_Danni_x

Thanks so much for your replies, its helped me out a lot as I haven't been out shopping for boys clothes. Considering my age and my height I'd probably fit into mens Small and even teenage boys clothes.

7. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You'd be 29 or so. To determine your size in men's, add 21 to your original number. I was roughly an 11, and I drift between 30-32.