1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Lesbian Fox News Sellout

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by ZenMusic, Apr 9, 2015.

1. ZenMusic

[YOUTUBE]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mYAkxqFoy28[/YOUTUBE] I call her a sellout because there is no way any gay person would go oFox News of all places and disparage her own if she wasn't getting a fat cheque and/or contract. Fox News tends to do this with a lot of minorities : they grab the first black/gay/atheist they see, show them a fat wad of cash, and tell them they'll get it if they say exactly what Fox wants them to say about ther own group.

2. RainDreamer

It is Fox. Not really news.

3. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's Fox, they don't even count as entertainment. Usually when I see a bunch of idiots on TV, I find it funny... but FOX isn't funny. However, FOX is nothing but right wing propaganda... however... it's not uncommon that there are minorities who are right wing as well.

#3 CyberScream, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  4. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Uh, dude, Tammy Bruce has been a political commentator since before you were born...

Of course, you'd have to read what she says and why to understand her views.

But paint her with a broad brush, just like you hate straight people doing.

5. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with you. She has her opinion and is certainly free to voice it and we shouldn't toss her off the ship because we disagree with her. Even though, I think she is full of crap. Just saying...

6. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I am right I think she was the one talking to Sean Hannity a few nights ago. It was weird how nice he was to her and Sean Hannity if you all know is hardly ever nice to anybody. Fox news is messed up and at the same time is one the most watched news in the country. Especially their obsession with stupid things such as Spring break.

7. Foz

Foz Guest

I agree, and what she's saying isn't entirely untrue. Some action by gay people in this whole scenario are not OK and I do think it is hypocritical for gay people to complain about what straight people do while doing the exact same in juxtaposition.

True equality is impossible and people will lose out for others to gain, whether something is fair or not is determined by the values of that society which varies so widely over the world.

8. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    She's right on some things and full of shit on others.

Conservatives don't seem to understand that freedom goes both ways. Yes, it's wrong to send threats to a business you don't like, but it's not wrong to boycott them and spread negative word about them. So the fact that she considers gay opposition to Chick-fil-A "bullying" because we didn't like the fact that they donated to GAY CONVERSION GROUPS shows how out-of-touch and hypocritical she is being.

Once again, "Christians are allowed to discriminate and we're not allowed to have a problem with that."

If you're allowed to discriminate, then we're allowed to boycott and fight back. Why do conservatives think it only goes one way?

#8 TENNYSON, Apr 9, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  9. Kenaria

Growing up in a conservative household with Fox news on in the background, I've definitely learned to tune it out until something comes up as interest, such as LGBT+ rights, which Fox News has definitely beefed up on in the last few months. As Americans we have a right to express our opinions, but it's astounding to see such a conservative woman also be in the LGBT+ community. I also agree that a lot of people in the LGBT+ community some of them have become overwhelmingly desperate on the quest for equality, but even though i don't agree with it, I support their cause over the right-wing brainwashing any day

Agreed

10. RainDreamer

I think it is pretty silly to think that politics has anything to do with your orientation and gender.

11. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Fox sucks!

12. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Here's the question, why does anyone in the nation care about a little pizza shop in bum f'in nowhere Indiana. They were crucified on the alter of public opinion on the world wide web. To be made example of, see all the world will HATE YOU if you don't conform to our opinion. Even if it goes against your own conscience.

People who would never go to this little town in Indiana, to this particular little pizza shop, had to pipe up on social media and slam them in very unkind ways. That's not a boycott, that's harassment. I bet you, you wouldn't get more than a handful of people in that area to show up for an actual boycott.

13. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    That's how the internet works though. Things spread like wildfire and context is ignored. For all the people harassing them online, it was as if Wal-Mart had said they would no longer sell products to gay people. Things go viral and things get out of hand.

It's even worse when the information is wrong, like when Adam Lanza's brother Ryan was initially blamed for Sandy Hook. He started getting harassed even though the facts weren't out yet. It's part of our social media world, unfortunately.

14. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Exactly, doesn't make it right. Instant mob response is not necessarily the best tactic for trying to make a political point.

It's not even as if they would have refused, it's just they might have refused. I gave an example a while ago, that maybe when faced with a real actual gay couple that they get to know and like, maybe they'd change their mind.

15. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't understand all of the hate FOX gets...

16. Foz

Foz Guest

By conservatives I assume you mean Republicans? Who are largely arch-conservatives and reactionaries (the right wing goes conservatives, arch-conservatives and reactionaries in severity). The Conservatives Party in the UK passed the equal marriage bill and the leader of the Scottish Conservatives is a lesbian and the Conservatives has the highest number of gay MPs in the House of Commons. I a full on head and heart Tory (Tory is what the Conservative Party was called in the 17 and 1800s and is now an informal name, to save any confusion!) and I am in no way straight!

17. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah sorry I tend to use US-centric terminology sometimes. I am largely thinking of Tea Party Republicans when I say that. The people who consider homosexuality the greatest threat to their well-being.

18. Anotheruser

I just don't watch the news and go through life blissfully.

19. BonnieJ2604

FOX is very untruthful, for example the time when a male on FOX news said that areas of England and France were ran by radical Islamists. Fox news is ridiculous and not at all worth watching.