1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Annoying food Allergies

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Adam Smith, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Aro

Aro

I'm allergic to the worst couple of food items ever. D: Because they are in everything. And they look good! But I am allergic to onions and red bell peppers. It sucks!

2. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used too, now every time I eat them I get sick. Yet about once or twice a year I will still try and eat them.

3. essie

Well, I can't have dairy and my crush can't have gluten, which makes it slightly hard to go out for a pizza together, so you can add the two of us to the bunch. Man we're missing so much! :bang:

4. Jambon

Out Status:
    All but family
    I get hay fever and peppers make me sick. The latter is super annoying as I used to maintain a vegetarian diet, and trying to find vegetarian anything without peppers is a mission in itself!

5. Adam Smith

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Same, I'm also allergic to oak so even when its not allergy season my sinus just give me the middle finger.

6. Outlier

I'm allergic to carrots and celery. It's so weird and super annoying since either or both are in so much. Especially pre-prepared healthy stuff, which are my friend since I hate cooking.

7. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Chocolate in any form. And since I started to take my diabetes medicine it's only gotten worse.

8. Gen

Gen

As far as I am aware, I don't have any food allergies. I am, however, intolerant to all forms of red meat.

It is interesting because there are times when I dine at restaurants and forget that when I order bacon it is going to be pork rather than turkey. Or when I order an Mexican or Italian dish, it is going to have real beef rather than a supplement that I would use at home. Honestly, the worse thing about it is that there are times when I miss burgers. I love my vegan burgers and they, on the other hand, don't shave years off of my lifespan; but there are times when I would kill for that double cheese burger!

The struggle is real...

9. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's technically not an allergy, but I have coeliac disease. I also can't eat plain, fresh citrus fruits (I can manage a small amount of overripe mandarins) without getting painful mouth ulcers, but that's so mild and easy to deal with that I haven't actually had an allergy check for it.

10. anja26

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I have celiac disease, recently diagnosed.