1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dysphoria and depression advice

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Alive, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Alive

Hi everyone. I'm sure many of you understand the struggle of dysphoria and can help me out. When I get very dysphoric, my depression can get much, much worse. (I use a binder by the way but I am physically very small and underweight...ugh). I've had a history with self harm so my mind often goes in that direction, which is a very bad thing. :icon_sad: Anyone have advice on combating my dysphoria and depression? Or advice on how to gain weight too? Any suggestion is welcome because I really don't want to relapse back to self harm and I am getting desperate.
    :help:

2. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Here is a link that may help with the weight gain DrSugar: Tips For Healthy Weight Gain? | POPSUGAR Fitness
    As for the dysphoria, I can understand how you may feel. I myself experience dysphoria on a regular basis. One of the best ways I have found to deal with it is to talk to other people, to listen to music, and to exercise (all at the same time not recommended lol) Remember that you're not alone :slight_smile:

3. ProtegeMoi

I've started typing this about 5 times now and it gets too long winded so if you want help gaining weight and don't mind working out as well send me a message. It depends on your budget and what foods you like.

You need rest - especially if you decide to lift. Always know where your next meal is. Eat clean. Less ingredients = better. Make meals in advance if you can. You have to always eat a solid breakfast. 4-6 meals a day helps me. Lots of water and then more water. black coffee or green tea. Watch your carbs/sugar. If you're not active it'll just turn to fat. Good lean proteins - eggs, grilled chicken, fish, steak. Healthy fats like natural peanut butter, avocados, olive oil, almonds etc.

Depending on height and metabolism you might have to eat til your jaw hurts. I'm 6'3+ and need 3200 calories just to stay at 170 which is a toned frame. Ive weighed 195 and it was 4 months of clean eating, lots of weight training and lots and lots of food. Ive always kept my bodyfat below 10% by being active so its a lot of hard work.

I wish you the best and if you're serious and motivated you'll reach your desired weight in no time.

For me depression is a part of life usually only alleviated with good friends, art, music and writing. I try to make things as fun as possible and it doesn't always work but if I don't make an effort to be happy its so easy to fall apart.

4. Alive

Thanks! This really helps