1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tattoos

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Vesalius, Apr 7, 2015.

?

Do you have tattoos and would you date someone with tattoos?

Poll closed Apr 12, 2015.
  1. I have tattoos and would date someone with tattoos

22 vote(s)
    23.7%
  2. I have tattoos and would not date someone with tattoos

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I do not have tattoos and would date someone with tattoos

64 vote(s)
    68.8%
  4. I do not have tattoos and would not date someone with tattoos.

7 vote(s)
    7.5%
  1. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't have any tattoos but I would like to get a few when I'm older and I would definitely date someone with tattoos as long as it isn't face tattoos.

2. LooseMoose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ever since finding out as a child how tattoos are made, I have found the idea of them uncomfortable- I used to be actually phobic of them.

But I don't mind them on a partner- my ex gf actually had one, and I barely noticed it.

I think they can sometimes look stylish but I am more attracted to a kind of 'wholesome'- natural look I guess, so I would not actively seek out a partner with tattoos just for the sake of it, but if somebody I liked had them I would definitely be ok with it.

3. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I do not have tattoos (and am not really interested in getting them thus far) but would date someone with tattoos. I find it hot!

4. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's good to see only 5 assholes so far! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What?

6. nordicwolf89

nordicwolf89 Guest

I currently have 3 tattoos (and definitely plan to get more), and yes, I would date someone with tattoos. :slight_smile:

7. Lipstick Leuger

I would never date a person without either a tattoo or a piercing. People without them, have no idea about how you feel about them and usually, in my experience, have WAY to much to say about it.

8. MojoDojo

I have two tattoos, and would date people with tattoos. I don't like face tattoos.

9. Vesalius

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That's a bit of generalisation. I don't have any tattoos and never want to get one but I understand why people get them and the attachments and meaning that they hold for certain people. I'd never begrudge anyone to get one.

10. lukeluvznicki13

Tattoos aren't very attractive to me.

11. Currently I don't have any tattoos but I did have a henna tattoo that lasted for a month (I took really good care of it). I wouldn't mind if my bf had tattoos, although I only like a few. At most three small to medium sized ones.

12. jema

I've got a tattoo and have intentions of getting more. and I would date someone with or without tattoos.

13. LibertyValance

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't have a tattoo, don't like the look of them and have no intention of getting them. However I wouldn't let something as minor as tattoos turn me off from an otherwise good person.

14. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dont have tattoo (but I am planning to have one) and I would gladly date someone with tattoos! It is really hot when a guy/girl has tattoo! Just not overdone tattoos, like those on the streets where almost all of its skin is covered with it.

15. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never been a fan. I've seen some that I think are cute. I've seen some that I think look amazing and elaborate...but I find myself saying "but why *skin* for your medium? You could get a much clearer image on paper or canvas or stone." It's particularly disappointing to see a great-looking tattoo that has started to "blur". Even the phenomenal ones, though don't do anything for me other than as art.

I've never had one. Ten years ago I'm sure I would have said I will never have one. I do not foresee myself ever getting a tattoo...but I've lived long enough to know that saying "never" is just stupid with *anything*.

Would I date someone with one or more tattoos? Sure. First, I've seen and heard of some very tasteful ones...generally these are the discreet "mark on the hip" or "band around the wrist or ankle" variety...these would not be at all a deterrent, even if the person had several. The big ones? (Full back, whole shoulder, an entire breast, etc.) Again, I never rule anything out...but I'd have to be rather attracted to the person's mind, I think, because the ink on their body would be enough of a distraction for me that it would detract from their appearance to me. But then, if I'm not attracted to your mind, then no degree of attraction to your body is going to win me over anyway. And if I *am* attracted to your mind, no amount of ink on the body will be a sufficient deterrent to keep me away.

16. CrazyAwkward

I don't have any tattoos yet, but I'd like a few, and would date someone who had tattoos.

17. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have one tattoo (want many more, along with more body mods), and my partner is also modified as well.

18. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've got 3 small ones so far but the next one I have planned will be a half sleeve. And I have and certainly would again date someone with tattoos. If I'm being perfectly honest the content of the tattoo might be of some concern to me, and possibly the positioning (face tattoos :/).

19. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't have any myself and don't particularly want them (might get one eventually) but I think on the right body type they can be hawt. <3

20. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm on board with this. It's not me. It's a generational thing and I don't know many people who have them on a social basis because the people I've hung out with over the years just aren't into them either.

I have one long-term childhood friend who had a piercing and then didn't have one, but never got a tattoo. He was and still is one of my best friends. He's way less traditional than I am and, even though we tease each other about how different we are from each other, there's too much history there. He is considered good-looking but he's not really my type.

I sort of find them distracting. I don't have an answer for the second part of this. The situation has never even presented itself.