1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you think of ppl who constantly posts hateful answers about gay ppl on YA?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SubZero, Apr 6, 2015.

1. SubZero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I came across this question on Yahoo Answers today and it got me thinking: https://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20150328104629AA0GIWh

I completely agree with the top answer, as well as many of the other answers. If you were to look up "johnny" and "sexxy" (I think they're both banned now), you would see that all they do is post questions/answers related to LGBT, but it's nothing but complete hate. For instance, "sexxy" would type things like, "YEAH! Theres so many Queers and F@GS out there and they aren't normal! I Hope one day they invent a cure for queers!!! Who's with me????" And yet all he does is spend his entire day under the LGBT category...cuz he posts nearly 50 questions/answers talking like that.

And as for "johnny", he talks like he's a professional doctor to other people who are asking a legitimate question related to LGBT and he replies with "Well, have you been abused as a child or have had divorced parents? Things like that can confuse you because you are going against nature. Also, did you know that gays are just like pedophiles? You better change or else satan will get ya!"

I just don't know why people waste all their time and energy with all the crap that they post on sites like Yahoo Answers. It angers me every time I see someone post such things.

What are your thoughts on this?

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Re: What do you think of ppl who constantly posts hateful answers about gay ppl on YA

I think Yahoo Answers is a waste of a website anyway and most people posting there have no intelligence.

3. SubZero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Re: What do you think of ppl who constantly posts hateful answers about gay ppl on YA

^ Yup, I've come to that realization too!

4. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

It is difficult for me to comprehend people that enjoy spreading hate. They may enjoy the attention, or compensating for something, or they're just ignorant bigots.

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I'll put it to you this way:

If Yahoo! Answers was the United Nations, we'd all be throwing rocks at each other, the few of us that were left.

You'll find a few genuine answers, but they often don't stand out like those ridiculous or trollish ones. I will admit though, every now and then, there's a hilarious response that is neither on topic or spiteful, that makes me crack a smirk. Overall, it shouldn't be the supreme authority on anything significant.

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Yahoo! Answers is like the least academic source ever. Why are we reading it???

7. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

^This...

8. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

I mean it's like wondering what people think of people who read WorldNetDaily?

9. WolfyFluff

WolfyFluff Guest

Yahoo! Answers is not a place where you would find anything useful or serious. It's mostly (or all) just trolling, spamming, or people killing time.

10. Gandee

Gandee Guest

But Yahoo Answer always comes up at the top of search page whenever I make a question :dry:

11. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

That doesn't mean that anything they have to say is actually valuable.

Seriously, Yahoo Answers is basically trolling ground. It's long since outlived any usefulness it once had. So, honestly, as far as people posting hateful stuff there... they're just trolls.

I seriously can think of no valid reason to ever go there. Plenty of better, more moderated places to get answers on almost anything.

12. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

People actually use Yahoo Answers?

13. Phalange

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I think those people are in the LGBT-section for a reason, but don't want to admit it to themselves.

Either that, or they're just trolls.

And by the way, why does it say "Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgendered"? Is it really that hard to get it right?

14. davidfreckelton

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family

It's rather sad to hear, I know but I think a lot of people use it for fun

15. MisterTinkles

Report them to Yahoo for abusive and hate-driven posts.
    They may get banned. But all they will do is register under another name......and just get them banned again.

If you file as many complaints on them as they have posts, Yahoo will end up banning their IP address instead of their user name.

Just keep filing complaints, and get all of your friends to file complaints as well.

16. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people

I remember Yahoo Answers!

I also remember Betamax, Zune and the Atari Jaguar.

17. eternallyapril

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I think that a lot of the really stereotypically offensive users are trolls who choose to target the LGBT community. I used to spend a lot of time on YA! and people ask/respond in similar ways in the gender studies category. If you see another troll or offensive user, report them so that they won't be able to post those comments.

18. RainDreamer

Trolls. Move along.

19. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Sadly before I found EC and when I was like thirteen I would use Yahoo Answers as a outlet for my problems and constantly asked sexuality related questions. It was not the best site and I not always got the best advice but I'll say it did help me out a lot when I first needed a lot of support. But it is haven for homophobes and other crazy people also.

20. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I think they could find a better use for their time. I'm surprised some people still treat "Yahoo Answers" seriously. It looks like a losing battle. I read about funny yahoo answers, on other websites, so I admit I'm getting laughs out of it.