1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small feet and shoes

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by DarkWolf, Apr 6, 2015.

1. DarkWolf

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, this thread is probably not fitting in theme of things lately but maybe that's a good thing.
    Anyway, I guess I'm kind of lucky that men's clothes actually fit me better than women's clothes but when it comes to shoes...that's a whole another thing. I have small feet for someone my height period let alone being small for a man my height. Finding my size in men's is practically impossible.
    Anyone share a similar problem? Anyway to make shoes that are little big fit better or find shoes in uncommon sizes? Thanks to anyone who replies.

2. ProtegeMoi

Everything is online as far as sizes are concerned. Insoles, different socks can help with fit. Height wise look for something with a bigger sole or a bit of a heel even if its mens.

3. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ("Not fitting in theme"
    I see what you did there.)

Yep, I have a small foot and mens' clothes don't fit me so well either. 5 or 6 in womens', and I don't know what my size is in mens'. Sometimes I can find small shoes in the clearance section because small feet are rare, and when I was little and womens' shoes didn't even fit me, I had to stuff some foam in the toe of the shoe so it would be snug.

4. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dunno what to tell you. I've got the same issue at the other end of the ruler. I rarely can find shoes in womens size 13. Pants are almost always high waters, and if I try wearing something with long sleeves, they're 3-4 inches shorter than they should be. I've got a sweatshirt that's nice for the transitional weather. It's got cutouts in the sleeves for the thumbs. The end of the sleeve is about an inch and a half above my wrist.

5. Queero

I buy boys shoes, but it depends what size you are. I'm around a boys 6, and that's hard to find in shops.

Online for size variety would probably be the best bet.

Arch support, insole/insert things help a lot. And if you need boots to fit, get big inserts and then get really big, good socks.

6. kristen48

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I suggest online sites like Online Shoes, Clothing, Free Shipping and Returns| Zappos.com. They have sizes all the way to a men's size 3. Some of the newer shoes, like Converse, have unisex styles you can choose from as well.

My situation is exact opposite, size 11.5 or size 12 in Women's. Wish that I could give you the extra you need --- would love to be a Woman's size 7.5 :slight_smile: Better selection of styles :slight_smile:

7. anonym

anonym Guest

I wear unisex shoes like desert boots and converse. I was worried about having small feet and not being able to wear 'men's' shoes but I've since realized that there are actually quite a few options out there. You could go to the boys section. I haven't done that yet myself but would probably have to if I wanted a pair of smart shoes. There are retailers that sell unisex shoes, and then you've got women's shoes in more masculine styles and colours.

8. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Try children's shoes or boy's shoes in your size? There are a TON of shoes out there that look androgynous. Try darker colors and less flashiness.

9. Seige

Yeah, I wear a size 12 in mens so..... I dont even know what that correlates to in womens shoes. 13? 14? Doubt Ill ever be able to wear heels. Lol

10. MojoDojo

I honestly try to buy more unisex brands (my faves right now are a pair of converse). I'm a 7 though - so it isn't *impossible* to find my size in mens shoes.

Also even some women's shoes have a very masculine look to them. Just sometimes you have to look for them.

11. GayJay

I have the same problem, there is no way I will ever be in men's sizes.
    So I'm stuck in the boys section, which isn't too bad now but when im like 35 it's gonna be awkward.

I'm in the UK so its a little different but men's start at 6, junior boys are 3-5.5 usually.
    I'm only a 3 or 4 so yeah there's no chance

Worse part is I have a brother is the same size as me.
    19 years old and I borrow trainers from a 6 year old...