1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well, knee deep in shit again.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Lazuri, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Lazuri

So my "partner" has finally grown tired of my depression and decided to kick me out and I've no choice but to return home to my parents for a while.

Some of you might remember that I signed up on this site because I was feeling terrible being home again during a previous visit, totally unable to express myself. Well, now I'm there for an indefinite stay and it does not feel good.

To all of you who are trapped in the cages of your parent's home: it is nothing--nothing--compared to busting out of the cage and then being forced back in.

Just kill me.

2. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Shit... I'm sorry, Lazuri. I'm really sorry.

Are you sure she doesn't want to talk about it later? Maybe after things have cooled off a bit, who knows...

3. RainDreamer

You have a friend that you can rely on and crash in for a while?

Hopefully you can find a cheap place to live alone soon.

4. Lazuri

I'm not exactly sure I'd want to. She has had problems with anxiety since I met her in 2008 and I've stood by her and helped her. I wasn't always good at it, but I tried--the best that I can.

Now I hit a rough patch for the first time in our relationship and she can't be arsed with me.

I know we have a son and he's priority one, but all I really wanted was some emotional support. I just wanted to know somebody was in my corner.

None of my friends have living arrangements suitable for me to live with them, unfortunately. It's all living with their parents or in dorms. The one couple that probably could have helped me out otherwise was expecting a second son five days ago, I don't think now is a good time.

5. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was not familiar with your first post, but I just looked it up and read it. It sounds like a terrible situation, and I'm really sorry you're having to go through all that again. :frowning2: I'm from one of your neighboring countries, and as far as I understand it our social services are approximately the same. So would you be able to apply for "ekonomiskt bistånd" from "Socialstyrelsen" and move to an apartment of your own? Would that be an option at all for you?

I hope you can find some place to live other than with your parents. Take care! (*hug*)

6. Lazuri

That's the plan, but I am not sure how long it would take. We have a lot of social services, but fuck are they slow.

7. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, they are slow unfortunately, and you have to do a whole lot of paperwork before you get anywhere. :dry: I'm glad you at least have that option, you may "only" have to hang on for a few months. Do they pay you retroactively if you could borrow some money for now from someone? I know here they pay up to 3 months worth of welfare once they're satisfied with your application. Heck, even taking out a small loan for the rent and food if that's possible might be better than living under those conditions when you're already depressed! :/

Edit: If people do lend you money, take it in cash or else the social services are going to think you're earning money and won't give you squat, at least here. Been there, done that. :slight_smile:

#7 HappyGirlLucky, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  8. Lazuri

I'm not sure if they do it retroactively actually. But yeah, I know you need cash. At least here, any money given to you is seen as an income. Even if it's something like your grandma giving you money on your bank account.

9. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, you seem to know their ways. :slight_smile: I would look up whether they pay retroactively and how far back they're willing to do it. Usually our social services work almost exactly the same way, and I imagine they do pay retroactively for at least a couple of months there too. If you can just find someone to lend you some money, and find an apartment, you may be able to move out this month yet. (*hug*)

10. Lazuri

Alas, that's where I get stuck. I've nobody. My parents can't afford lending me money for that.

11. HappyGirlLucky

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, that's going to make it difficult. A small loan would be another option, albeit more risky and expensive, and it's also going to take a bunch of paperwork, not to mention they're hard to get too when you're unemployed. It looks like you might have to live with your parents for a couple of months. :frowning2: I wish I could have been of more help. (*hug*)

12. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    That really sucks, Lazuri :frowning2:
    I really don't know what to say for support but... If you're really feeling terrible at your parents' (I've been there, though by the sound of it, not nearly so bad), wall me. Actually we don't live that far from each other. I rent a room from a woman in Karlstad. It's not big or anything, but if you're really in a bad place, you could crash at my place for a month or so. Not that I really know you or anything, just trying to be a nice person ^^
    I don't know what the situation is like with you and your son and ex etc...
    But if you feel like you need to run, don't be afraid to trust a stranger (if it's convenient)!
    Anyways, hugz and take care of yourself! (*hug*)

13. Images and Words

Aww, that sucks.
    I don't really have much to say except that I really hope you get out again. At least you managed to get out once, and, hey, maybe you'll find someone again :slight_smile: (*hug*) hope things get better soon
    -I&W

14. Lazuri

And I'm back home. Dad's first comment: "jesus your nails are long. It's like a damn girl's."

The fun commences.

15. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    :'( that doesn't sound so "nice" by them to me :frowning2:
    Do they know at all? or why are they so... you know, not-getting-things? you don't have to answer if it's exhausting or anything.
    Just take care <33 (*hug*)

#15 Invidia, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
  16. SkylarRain

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Save money to rent out an apartment and move back out as soon as you can. In the mean time you have EC to support you! Stay strong!

17. Lazuri

They're just ignorant and uneducated on the subject. Also very stubborn in their own world views. And no, they're totally oblivious, probably because they don't know something like trans exists.

18. DarkWolf

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry I can't be much of help but I wish you the best of luck in being able to get out of the house again.

19. absvrdity

absvrdity Guest

I'm very sorry, Lazuri. I cannot be of much help since I've never been in your position, and I'm not going to act like I do. I wish you the best of luck on getting out of your parents house, even though that may be difficult. Just remember, things will get better. I'm not a very religious person (Agnostic Theist), but I do know that Life puts us through obstacles that we must get through. It makes a stronger person. <3

20. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Stay strong, Lazuri, this will pass.
    The comment about the nails was... Pathetic. Guitar players have also long nails... At least on some fingers.
    Hell, even my boss had long nails the other day, and I mean really long nails.