Stress - How do you deal with it?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Hyliana, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I take it out...

[​IMG]

... as soon as possible.

Whenever I begin to feel stressed, I acknowledge what is causing it, perhaps meditate or reflect on it, and then handle it. Knowing the reasons behind such things, allows me a better grasp of me, myself, and I.

Pretty straight forward, right?

I'll work out, write or draw, meditate, or go and make somebody else feel better, even if it is something as simple as offering a kind word. Anything to show stress, while it may knock the wind out of me, it won't keep me down. I dislike feeling incapable, but I hate wasting time that, honestly, should be going to other, more productive means and methods, more.

Whether I need to cut somebody or something out of my life, it will be done. Whether or not I need to take care of something, be it through financial or personal obligations, it has to be done. I don't let debt stack up, and I sure as hell don't let folks hold anything over me, when I have the power to prevent that.

In short, I use that energy for my life, instead of letting it be life.

Thanks Stress for the free motivation, you miserable little fuck.

LOL.

2. Hyliana

Hyliana Guest

I loved yoga, I did it in my early years, though ironoically it just made me more stressed :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. robotman

Everyone has stress one way or another... Some people can just ignore it but I am one of those people that worry about it.

The best way to deal with stress is to do something that takes your mind off of it and then tackle it when you are ready to deal with it. I mean even when you deal with the main issue of stress something else will come up and be stressful. That is the problem when you get past 16 years old lol... I can't really give advice on it because I am stressed nearly all the time...

4. Scottmcdonn

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It really depends what I am stressed about. I worry about my family members alot, especially my sister as she's getting bullied in school, I worry about money and stuff like that and the fact im still in the closet just means I am on edge 24/7, it's horrible.

Sometimes I just go for a walk while listening to my music, just drift into another world while letting the music take me to a good place. On a rare occasion, I get so angry that I punch a door or something but that could be over something stupid like not doing well at sports training or something. I may be highly strung :/ :L

5. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    *do something I really want to do.
    *go somewhere peaceful and quiet.
    *eat the food I really want.
    *read books I've been dying to read.
    *spend time with friends even just for a movie.
    *watch movie that is funny or sensible movies that talks about life.
    *listen to musics that make you dance.
    *make people happy, give them your smile.
    *be nice to people..or even to that waiter who had a not-so-good day.
    *sing your heart out!
    *run as fast and as long as you can. Adrenaline can make you feel good after.
    *have a warm, nice shower.

Those are the few things I did when I feel shitty about things.

6. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most men do that idk why even my best friend he never tell me whats wrong ever
    Though i just rant to someone and cry in their arms it all gets better after that
    And about stress i just rant and rant and talk and rant and then listen to music or take a walk

7. Countervail

Sometimes, I write lyrics. Other times, I eat or sleep.

8. choirsmash

I have a tendency to get lost in music when I'm stressed. I'll sit down at my piano and randomly play and cry, or I'll play some guitar...depending on how I feel and who's in the house, I'll sing. During school hours, I get passes to go to the fine arts wing on an almost daily basis and I'll basically do the same things there, but I'm more likely to sing. I also talk to the music teacher about it haha
    Other than music, I like to read when I'm stressed. I usually go for Harry Potter

9. Kilbert

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Games are mostly what I have at times when I'm very stressed. Usually, I also try to drown the stress by eating any food I'm craving for that I have access to at any point. They are not really much of a great help, but they help me cope even just for a brief while. After that, I'll just try to finish whatever's causing me the stress once and for all ( though that would be a bit difficult for school :/).

10. Lyana

Reading takes my mind off my own stress and is a form of escapism for me, allowing me to immerse myself in someone else's world
    Writing is a way of releasing stress and other emotions
    Eating just feels good, so relieves the stress
    Going for a walk clears my mind and is enjoyable

11. CyclingFan

I used to bottle it up quite a lot and just try to power through, and that is a very unhealthy thing that has both not helped my stress but actually makes it worse. It was very self destructive, blaming myself all the time.

These days I try to make sure I take care of myself a little better and that helps. Good diet and proper sleep help ward it off before it starts. And exercise, for me yoga and cycling, are key. If it's been a little while since I've done those, I feel it.

If that prevention doesn't work, or it gets through somehow, I try to identify what's bothering me and write it down. Sometimes it's something that's a concrete item that I need to find time to deal with when I can think about it without stress. Sometimes it's a more abstract feeling and writing it down helps cut it down to size. A few times a year these days I find myself overwhelmed enough to take a xanax.

These have all helped me out a ton. Oh and coming out too. :slight_smile:

12. kem

kem

I have this divine gift of the gods: I'm impervious to stress. I just don't have any.

Hakuna Matata.

Ok, half-joking. First of all it's not a gift, more like a double-edged sword. I feel good most of the time because I don't really worry except for my cardiovascular health — occasional chest pain might be serious considering my mother's recent stroke and her parents both dying basically before 50. Any how I jog and stopped smoking.
    On the other hand, I'm always late for everything, I forget stuff places, forget to do things and I have a hard time getting things done because I have no stress. Then again I don't give too many shits so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Second of all, the lack of stress is the result of a general attitude towards life I've practiced to achieve and solidify in my life. In the end, it's not like I have a lot of power over the things I "should" stress about, so, what's the point in stressing?

13. MojoDojo

Um. I don't. I just blow up in an explosion of anxiety and panic.

I should get on that. I don't think it's a good thing. :/

14. plesiosaur18

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Generally if I don't deal with the specific thing that's stressing me out, I just get more stressed. I tend to stress myself out because I procrastinate. I don't know why I do because I feel so good when I get things done.

That being said, if it's a stressful situation I can't control, I generally like to watch movies/shows/videos. They take me away from where I am and also almost always give me something interesting to think about. Singing is also something that usually makes me feel better, but as a music major this is double-edged now because I often have stressful situations that involve singing.

15. deathorbs

deathorbs Guest

I usually try to distract myself with other things, so I don't have to give as much thought towards the sources of my stress. Usually those things are music, writing, and exercise.

I think I really enjoy programming for this reason. I absorb myself completely in coding and working on my projects.