1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conspiracy Theories

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I definitely believe there are conspiracies. There may also be extremely large ones.

The problem with most, if not all conspiracy theories, especially about political power, is that they are not verifiable. That doesn't mean they are false. It's just impossible to make coherent arguments for or against the conspiracy theories. This is the main problem with Alex Jones, for example. He's just a dude who trots out some weird tidbits of information, some of which are probably wrong and many of which are probably right, but he ties them together in a way that, while seeming plausible, fails to answer a basic, important question: if this massive power structure exists and is fully operational, why is it not currently being used against the public wholesale? The conspiracy theorist's answer will probably have to be something of the form "well, the New World Order doesn't want to blow its cover." That's all fine and well, and the NWO may really exist and have the power claimed, but the problem is that any absence of evidence is taken to be further proof of the conspiracy.

I believe that conspiracies of this kind could be true in the same way Christianity could be true. Both seem very implausible, but still possible. But just as if you show me a flaming chariot in the sky, and I'll fall on my knees and accept Jesus Christ as my personal savior, so will I believe the New World Order exists when there's a soldier or marine on every other street corner in full fatigues with an M16 in arm.

Until then, I'll merely believe that we live in a democratic republic with a vicious, low participation, low information populace.

~ Adrienne

2. Jellal

I think conspiracy theories are interesting, but I lack the drive to do research on them. I guess I just like them as stories, mostly. I'm willing to believe that at some level there's more to this world than meets the eye. It's kind of exciting.

3. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like reading about conspiracy theories. It's interesting when you can find grains of truth. Although my gut instinct says I'm mostly fascinated by the brainwashing aspect in some of them.

For example, my father believes aliens gave humans a lot of modern technology. It's because he wants to believe in it. My mother believes almost everything he tells her. It's because she wants somebody to tell her what to believe.

My father met and talked with David Farrant. He says David is or at least was at one time obsessed with dead people and David believes the dead know when you're talking about them. So, yeah, the hunt for the "Highgate Vampire." You've probably heard about it. I'm not terribly familiar with it. Although I've read David's blog because the guy seems eccentric. He apparently sometimes levitates when he's asleep.

4. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Creepy isn't the word I'd use...

[​IMG]

...more like fabulously charming!

Seriously, though:

The guy who made the claims that it was haunted, George Lee Lutz, was a failed occultist of the Aleister Crowley/Rosicrucianism school of magic and a child beater who hired a terrible and obscure Australian author to make him look like a superhero in the book's three direct sequels.

5. ember

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    THE ILLUMINATI IS REAL AND ARE CONTROLLING ALL OUR BRAINS
    BOW DOWN TO BILL CIPHER, THE EYE TO THE KALEIDOSCOPIC ANARCHY THAT LIES BEYOND
    HE'S IN YOUR GEOMETRY TEXTBOOK
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    In all seriousness, I do believe that the US government tries to cover up a lot of things, but crackpots make it hard to understand what is fake or not.

6. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Tony Abbot is a Lizard person. Have you seen him eat raw onion like its an apple?

7. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're not currently cleared to get paid for that particular privilege.

8. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm not really a believer in conspiracy theories. We used to come up with insane ones about our teachers in secondary school, but they were just funny.
    I dunno, some of them seem like they could be true, but most of them don't really seem to hold much ground where proof is concerned.

9. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  10. M R G

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Your pay check is due after death, to cover up for the fact that you work/worked for them.

David Camereon being a lizard would explain a lot of things, on the other hand it could be the illuminati's way of luring people away from the truth.......

11. Rapha Lover

I'm not fan these things. I my opinion, most theses theories is complete absurd and have more and more versions! But exist two that impressed me:

Operation Northwoods: The USA government was been plan a ''false flag'' against Cuba, The plan was attack own people in some cities and guilty Castro and with this start a invasion in island. But, this plan was cancel during Kennedy administration.

A119 Project: During cold war, the USA was planned drop a nuclear bomb in moon surface to prove your superiority against Soviet Union. Carl Sagan investigate the consequences of nuclear explosion in low gravity. But, they see that a moon land was a good idea that USA population would more accepted. With this, this plan was canceled.

The two theories (I don't if is correct call theory, because have documents and proofs. Anyway...) are only who I believe.

#31 Rapha Lover, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  12. trichobezoar

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I started a game on another forum a few years ago titled Conspiracy Theories A-Z. It was educational and fun for awhile. I learned a lot about conspiracy theories then... too much. Within months I was walking around paranoid and discombobulated. It was... a confusing time, to say the least. lol

Since then, I've come to accept that a lot of the world is messed up. It's made me more determined to be a light and refuge unto myself... and possibly a light unto others. That's all I can do really--try to be a good person and help a few people along the way.

A few of the theories I believe in have already been mentioned. I lean more towards radical conspiracy theories, though--suppression of knowledge and oppression of the masses (symbolic oppression), class stratification, racial formation, things of that nature.

13. Chibi Giraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The moon landing was staged!

14. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lol if the NWO is as powerful as proponents of the theory say, they either intentionally allow this wikipedia article or don't feel it's super important.

Did you see the video of Buzz Aldrin punching a guy for harassing him with this opinion? I lol'd.

15. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The staging was moon landed!

16. Gentlewoman

Out Status:
    A few people
    [​IMG]

17. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Jews control the world (banks).
    AIDS is a man made disease.
    Moon landings were staged.

No, I don't take them seriously, but they're interesting to learn about, even if only to understand where some people are coming from. I wonder if some treat them more like hardcore Star Trek fans? As in, they know they're not true, but are obsessed with the idea, anyway.

18. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    *Cue the black helicopters* You really believe all this and then think the Bible is a conspiracy theory? :grin:

19. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Conspiracy theories can be interesting, but sometimes, such as the example of "Ancient Aliens" they can be annoying. "Or was it something else?" "Nope." "Could it be aliens." "Highly highly unlikely."

Then you have the nuts who believe almost EVERY conspiracy theory they come across -- nothing anyone tells you is true! The paranoid conspiracy theorists...

I don't like to talk bad about conspiracy theories because sometimes they have good evidence and very well could be true. Most of the time they are not, however. But, it is good to consider them sometimes to get all the facts.

20. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    So where are all the "false flag" believers?

I've already heard plenty of people talking about how the Boston Marathon bombing was a hoax in light of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's conviction.