1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thinking about going back In the closet.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by maselalala, Mar 29, 2015.

1. maselalala

I know that it is probably somewhat impossible to do, but I have had THE WORST EXPERIENCE in my life when it comes to being openly gay. I preserved through the homophobia, and even the extreme loss of friends, but what broke me is the EXTREMELY unwelcomimg and shameful LGBT community that I have met. It breaks my heart to have an awful experience with the gay community. Dating has been a SHAM. Trying to make friends has been a SHAM. Trying to reach out in online forums, messaging, friends at school.... Has done NOTHING. I'VE GONE THROUGH SO MUCH SHIT with other homosexuals and the generic LGBT community that I actually thought about going back in the closet. It's impossible, but if I move away, start a new life, then MAYBE, I could meet some friendly people that actually care about me.

---------- Post added 29th Mar 2015 at 11:00 PM ----------

To all the people that have read this: I went on a group chat on kik and got picked on. I also got led on by a guy that goes to my school. I've had some time to think, and I just need some sleep. I'm feeling a lot right now, and I need to rest.. I apologize for the strong emotion...

2. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    if you move to an area for school which is more gay friendly than your current one, you will have a better chance at making friends while continuing to be the honest self that would eventually emerge from the closet again anyway. You have already demonstrated the courage to be fully out at a young age; that courage should make you friends in both the gay and straight community when you start interacting with more mature and intelligent college students in a more adult setting than high school. You have nothing to apologize for; this is a good place to rant about being mistreated by pricks, and everyone here understands what you have been going through. Hang in there a little longer while you start planning for your future in a better place.

3. maselalala

..Okay. Thank you :slight_smile:
    It's So hard for me to deal with this, but I only have a couple more months until I graduate.

4. Wildside

Wildside Guest

you don't have to go back in the closet, just don't waste your time with anyone who is going to hurt you, or who has hurt you. being out doesn't mean it's something that has to be discussed with everyone. and going back in the closet won't make you un-gay, it will just make you unhappy. I'm sorry you're having to deal with jerks. but EC is one place that you can come and people really do understand.

5. HiAndBi

I am so sorry you're being treated that way! So far I've came out to six people and only had one homophobic experience.
    You can discuss anything here, no one will judge :slight_smile:
    Going back into the closet might be in your best interests right now - when (if) you go to college, try to find out how the people are there. They might be more accepting.
    I've traveled to Minnesota, I never thought the community would be that way :frowning2:

6. maselalala

Thanks guys! And yeah, there is A LOT of diversity here, So there's a lot I've seen. I agree going back in the closet would be rash.

7. Wildside

Wildside Guest

good to see that things have calmed down a bit, and you're able to think about it with a clearer head. it's so hard some times, but you are strong!

8. HiAndBi

+1 to post above