1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video game rage - what video game enemy is the worst?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Lazuri, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Lazuri

I'm taking JackAttack's "Video Game Rage" thread and making it into a series.

So yeah, what kind of video game enemy just makes you shit your pants with rage?

Personally, I've two kinds of enemies that I loathe above all else. One kind is any fast enemy that will run away from you for just a couple of seconds and then come back at random intervals. It's so annoying and fills no purpose other than to annoy me. It's not like they cause any damage.

The other kind is the one I loathe the most, which is a powerful and fast enemy that will frequently dash in from offscreen and deal a devastating blow. There is no defense against this as you can't defend yourself against what you can't see. Diablo III loves this kind of enemy and some of them are powerful enough to take off more than half your health and they're never alone.

2. Yosia

The ones which have ridiculously high defence stats and can still deal a large amount of damage to you. These ones are really annoying because you spend so much resources such as potions to kill them.

3. Kat 5

Those bitches that can and will lay you down with one melee. I love to get punchy with all enemies, but these assholes deny me the pleasure of hearing the satisfying bang of their helmet caving in.

4. White Knight

In DDO, incorperal mobs and demons/devils. They have similar tactic, one teleports around other become incorperal and your spells wasted... While incorperal ones usually undead and a good aplication of wall of fire fix their problems evil outsiders are immune to fire.

Ah then there is those very very annoying untouchable bats and Ogre Mages... they become invisible when they are about to die. You can see but can't hurt them until they wish to attack you. Those are Mages by the way. Bats tend to circle around you... not deadly nor dangerous... just purely annoying. They keep reminding me my favorite voice set from NWN.. "Stand still so I can hit you!"

In Mass Effect I hate Reaper Husks... They creep behind me then suddenly I try to kill my F key to get rid of damn things... This is why I love Adepts with shockwave/singularity or anything with bombs.

#4 White Knight, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
  5. YunoGasai

playing against germans in black ops 2 , not only do they only use the scar and an94 they also are pretty good at the game.if only vonderhaar knew how to nerf guns correctly but in singleplayer id have to say steel pokemon, god they can take hits like its no ones business XD

6. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

The ones that move slowly but take loads of damage. They're so boring to fight.

7. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whitney in Pokemon Silver/Gold.
    She.
    Will fucking.
    Drain you.

8. Jellal

The immortal enemy that chases you.

9. Gengars

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Enemies that can hit you with projectiles from a distance drive me up the effing wall. RPG enemies that heal constantly and deal huge damage also just make me want to explode with rage.

Also, Pokemon with attract just like Whitneys obnoxious Miltank! That thing is the bane of everyone's existance.

10. Anotheruser

Fast, powerfull enemies with slow, high defense, heavy hitting, ranged attacking enemies like the ornstien and smough boss fight from dark souls

11. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Any enemy that takes loads of damage. I understand boss fights have to be climactic and show the boss to be super strong, but a standout example can be found in the harder difficulties of Gears of War.

In-universe, the Locust are justified in being bullet sponges because they have really tough skin, hence the chainsaws instead of regular bayonets (which broke off when soldiers impaled them). However, it can be a little ridiculous. The whole tactical intention behind an assault rifle is single shots or short bursts with high-energy rounds, so you can have accuracy and power. But the game forces you to shoot like you want to turn every enemy to cobbler, which is cool until you realize that you're exposed that whole time and are much weaker to being ventilated than they are.

I've found it in my heart to forgive the devs because it forces the player to leverage every tiny opportunity in combat, but when actually playing, it can be maddening. Still one of the best games ever XDD.

http://gamingbolt.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/gears-of-war-3-thumb14-1024x576.jpg

12. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I saw this and Deus Ex: Human Revolution immediately came to mind. This game remembered what a boss fight is supposed to be. The first boss is a tank. He has a crazy amount of HP, He is smart, he has an unlimited supply of grenades, and he isn't afraid to use them. The funny part is if you went with a nonlethal build and saved ammo for your stun gun he is a chump. If you didn't he will tear you apart. It took me 3 hours to beat him the first time.
    The second boss doesn't have tons of HP, but has enough. She is fast, has an invisibility cloak, and hits hard, and uses a "hit and run" tactic.
    The third boss really isn't anything special, but if you don't look at a guide, you will pick up an "enhancement" before you fight him. The "enhancement" allows him to turn off your extra armor, your targeting system, your tracking radar, and fowls up your vision. Without the "enhancement" this guy isn't anything special. With it he is pretty tough.
    Then the final boss is the type that is pretty easy all by herself, but has so many minions that frustrate you.

The other video game "enemy" I hate are the cops from GTA 5. Nothing like having infinity aggressive enemies who magically know exactly where you are. Really? I set a bomb on a car, walk three blocks, hide, then hit the detonator. Now you know exactly where I was standing when I pushed the button and came right to me? No, you would have went to where the bomb exploded, not to where the guy pushed the button three blocks away.

13. Foz

Foz Guest

Combine a 12 year old and COD Online and that's the worst video game enemy. I just got fed up with COD, I've not played one in about 2 years now, MW2 was the best and it's showing no signs of going back to it's roots.

14. Lazuri

Their new chief of police is Yoda.

15. Ryu

Ryu

Autrack in Metroid II. Oh my god are those things relentless.

16. Notlad

One's with really ridiculous defensive mechanics, or enemies that work in tandem with each other.

17. Killjoy

Not much of a boss itself, but those extremely impossible obstacles you have to get through before you even get to the boss. RAWRRRRRR :eusa_doh:

18. Acm

Acm Guest

Tom Nook in Animal Crossing.

19. Sonoa

Out Status:
    Some people
    timed fights (i'm looking at you demyx from KH) and enemies with lots of moves that can only be avoided by blocking.

20. addicted69

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Slenderman lol