1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you do with a Deathnote?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by randomly me, Mar 24, 2015.

1. randomly me

randomly me Guest

Ok first would you use it?(ignoring that can't go to heaven or hell thing that sounds like a contract with the devil and would stop most people from using it)would you still use it if said rule was active?

What would you use it for?

To those that wouldn't use it what would you use it for if you had to use it?(because otherwise there'd just be boring " i wouldn't use it" answers)

(since there are apparently people who still don't know it it's a notebook and if you write a persons name in it while thinking of that persons face this person will die.it doesn't affect two people with the same name only the one of which face you thought and the person dies any way you want as long as it's realistic(suicide accidents and illness count as realistic)you can also control said person before their death)

2. CrazyAwkward

I'd like to think I wouldn't want to use it. But I totally would. I'd probably use it on anyone who's abused a child. I don't believe in heaven or hell so that wouldn't factor into my decision.

3. Ryu

Ryu

I wouldn't do what Yagami does (wipe out prisons), but I also wouldn't not use it. I would most likely (if I knew the persons name) make a criminal commit suicide once they had been found out for what they had done instead of making them die of heart attacks as that is just a little suspicious, while suicide after somebody had been proved guilty of murder or thert is much more normal.

4. wolf of fire

I have a long list of people, writing their names would not be hardship for me. Who do we have: guy who raped my sister, Vladimir Putin, basically people whom the World will be prettier without.

5. ffxii

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd basically do what Light did... :slight_smile: But I'd use Shinigami eyes. d:

6. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I'd kill the leader of North Korea. Free the North Koreans.

If there is a successor and he restricts the people as the current one does, I would kill him too. Make it seem like a curse.

#6 NingyoBroken, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2015
  7. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    Whether or not I'd ever choose to use it, I don't know.

But for certain I would keep it locked in a safe with multiple locks and security combinations that would take a long time (as in, say, over an hour) to open even for me, for two reasons: one to keep it safe from anyone who might become aware of it and wish to steal it, and two to be sure that should I ever choose to use it, that this would never be an impulsive decision made in an extreme moment, because it would take time and effort to successfully get it out.

If I had to use it, then there's a few dictators/politicians, that had best have their personal affairs in order, as well as the obvious like rapists and child abusers (if their guilt is a certainty).

#7 TigerInATophat, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  8. kem

kem

I really don't know if I'd use it. If I had to, I'd use it to kill people who have been comatose for a long time and are very unlikely to wake up and suck up precious resources or people who want to be euthanised.
    I value longevity way too much to trade it for the eyes. Might do it for the wings though!

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

The person who thought it was a brilliant idea to add commercials to shows and ads to airwaves. They've got to go.

LOL.

It totally depends on the end game.

Do I want to make the world a better place, or do I make and mold the world to me?

Knowing eternal torment awaited me after this temporary godhood, it wouldn't be worth it, if we are including the No Heaven, No Hell clause. That removed, suddenly, the option to use this Death Note becomes entertaining enough...

Some general thoughts​
    Being able to "predict" death accurately, is a powerful bit of persuasion, and a justifiable one to proclaim some kind of divinity. If you invested your time and money wisely, you could surround yourself in an effective entourage, possibly selling yourself as a demon or, if you have the testicular fortitude, Jesus, and just take out the "non-believers" that may remain.

You could offer your "predictions" for material or cultural gain. Drug cartels, the Mafia, ISIS, North Korea, maybe a Russia looking to regain Soviet era glory -- just to name a few of the options.

Even if you get captured, somebody would want to make use of the ability to "predict" death. Either to use it themselves, or to perhaps study it. Hell, maybe that time you put down that rapist is recalled by folks, and they protest for your release. Suddenly, the authorities have a problem.

If you wanted to pull a swerve, obtain an associate, and give/tell them an 'emergency list' of names to write down, in the event of imprisonment. Pick a few high officials to humble those who dared capture you, and a few scumbags to rabble the people up some more, forcing a decision to be made. Surely only a divine being could kill from behind bars, they must let you go to help the people. Refusing is a risky move on a tense public.

You either get "pardoned" or a revolution happens. Maybe China remembers that time you scared Taiwan into submission, and they want you released and flown -- First Class -- to Beijing. Whatever happens, make it an interesting show at least.

'Global chess' is what you could do, if you were willing to sell your death-giving abilities to a particular nation or alliance. Maybe Somalia, for some reason, decides it wants to annex India -- can anybody stop them, when you're capable to strike down any opposition? Perhaps a Mexican cartel leader decides, he wants to stop being a drug kingpin, and become the President of Mexico. Once more, is anybody willing to invoke the wrath of the reaper? Maybe we'll take the Alamo, too.

If you wanted to be petty, you could go become a lawyer with a reputation for any jury that votes against his side, mysteriously dying. You would be put under investigation, but if you told somebody ahead of time, in the event of capture, a basic instruction: write the name of any jurors that go against my side, no surveillance would see that. Eventually, you would have to be let go.

Civil rights groups and businesses clamor for your attention. Somebody has a problem? Insurance files for the names and faces, and nobody is left to have a problem.

Suddenly, passing that class seems like an absolute. Suddenly, you begin to think, why should I have to pay for high-ass gasoline prices? Suddenly, you start assuming everybody should appreciate you, and why not? You, literally, hold their lives in your hand. That power trip would be too much, maddening really. To get absolute authority on something, especially as influentially widespread as death, turns you into a big shot...

Somebody important.

The degree of responsibility is ridiculous.

There is so much to consider, and to possibly do, depending on what one sought. I am not quite sure what I'd do, but I am sure the options would be mulled over. It'd be kind of awesome to talk to a demon, though, if this is included in the deal. I'm sure this would play a role in any decisions.

10. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    ^ Kaiser! This response is too much cleverness and perfection in a single dose it's fatal(pun intended lol)....Don't know any thoughtful contribution in lieu of it, but I'll just add my own anyway.
    I want to influence every aspect of reality and make the world the canvas for my "social experiments". I'd like to consider how if I eliminate Group X, Group Y reacts and observe their impact on the world. Maybe a Group Z will occur or Group Y splits. There's too many factors to this which is why it's fascinating to me. I really dig alternate history and realities, so that's the driving force behind this.
    It's not so much vengeance or power for me, but a human curiosity to know a different side of things. I admit it seems "evil" but not according to my philosophy.

11. MisterTinkles

I would use it to get rid of ALL of the stupid, ungrateful, and corrupt people in the world.

Finding out their names would be a chore though.

12. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I'd also have to roll a joint, with a page. Hopefully my demon pal is okay with that, hell, maybe we'd blow shotguns to one another. I'm sure it'd be an amusing story for him to tell, back in the afterlife.

Demon 1: You guys will never guess what I did.
    Demon 2 & 3: What's that?
    Demon 1: I scared a fireman, so much, he fell off his fire pole mid-slide.
    Demon 3: Well, I caused a stockpile of car crashes, during rush hour.
    Demon 2: Well, I... smoked weed with a human.
    *momentary pause*
    Demon 1 & 3: Whoa, dude, whoa! 3edgy5me.

Is that even allowed? LOL.

#12 Kaiser, Mar 24, 2015
  13. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd definitely use it.

Goodbye, Justices Scalia, Thomas, Alito and Roberts.

Goodbye Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Mike Huckabee, Sarah Palin, Scott Walker, Chris Christie, Marco Rubio, Rick Perry, Donald Trump, The Koch Brothers, Sheldon Adelson, &c. &c.

With a book like that, I may find it hard to find time for sleep, at least at first.

Plus, it would be fun to think of the deaths.

Cruz could die in a freak BBQ accident.

Rubio could choke on a Tamale, at a campaign event, trying to woo over Hispanic voters.

Rand Paul could die of something curable, but in front of a hospital that refused to admit people from Tennessee. (you know, on religious grounds)

Donald Trump could be the first to die from genital warts.

This would be endless fun! And the New York times would have a LOT to write about; I'd be helping keep journalists employed.

#13 HuskyPup, Mar 24, 2015
  14. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I see no Sean Hannity. I shall assume this was a typo.

15. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    He's part of the et cetera!

I was tempted to start listing almost all the Fox News cast, but decided to keep it brief :slight_smile:

I sure hope that book is long enough, I may need several volumes. Does it come in an Encyclopedia format?

16. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My natural response is to say I'd dispose of it/make it impossible to find... But honestly, all the people in power who make life Hell for others (-coughSomeConservativeLeaderscough-) I may feel tempted to use it on...

17. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I wouldn't use it, just in general, it has nothing to do with the 'no heaven/hell' clause, very little to do with morals. Basically I just couldn't be bothered.

But, I guess if I had to, I'd basically do what Light did, but maybe without inviting the attention he did. That was his fatal flaw afterall, I could learn from his egotisical mistakes.

18. Justinian20

So firstly I would not use it until I had built an underground spy empire using resources and secrecy. After I build this empire I would be able to set the world on course to comply with what I want from the world. I would kill world leaders who have oppressed any type of people and reinstate my own government using my underground spy empire. I would be able to gain a high ranking seat of power in my country by doing this, and from that seat I would pass my own laws through those governments, I would be able to spark revolutions in places that are too far down the path to simply kill the world leaders to end the oppression. I would help them by simply having my spies report a lot of faces so that the revolutionaries would easily outnumber the current government.

Kaiser has the right idea in how to use a deathnote as you could simply play a giant game of chess with the world, but this game is far more complex as you can simply change sides and control more than just your side of the board, it would be like playing chess against yourself as you are the ultimate power on both sides and each side would begin to want to pay you billions of dollars to join them, but for me if they are unjust, I would never join them but rather meet them and that night kill them all with my deathnote. Just simply because of their injustice towards specific people. You could form an empire with the deathnote and simply take control of much of the world, weaken nuclear weapons so that neither side could ever start a nuclear war. I would do it by controlling all the factories and demolishing them with my spy empire and if any spies showed disloyalty I would have their name and face and kill them for becoming traitors.

So yeah it's total domination or just killing people so that others could come into power and do the same thing. I choose total domination by me with my deathnote as my source of power.

19. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    For my own interests probably. Or if I feel like it, I'd try to bring anarchy and peace all over the world...

Basically I'd be like Raito or the 3rd Kira.

20. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd keep it, but have it locked up somewhere. Power like that can be dangerous in the wrong hands. Plus, it has that consequence of neither going to Heaven or Hell in death, but I think that's just a metaphor for what the afterlife is like in general.