Questions for the LGBTQ+ Community!!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by MysteriousMadam, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Folieadeux

1) What sexual orientation are you?
    I'm gay
    2) What's your favorite color?
    Black, but if that doesn't count, green, blue, and purple
    3) When did you find out that you were LGBTQ+?
    Knew sometime in January of this year that I wasn't a girl, but took me about a month to realize that I'm a guy and not non-binary, and I knew I was gay when I realized I was a guy! Always liked boys, always will :^)
    4) Did it take a long time adjusting to your sexuality or accepting it?
    Eeeehhhh, sort of. Wanted to brush it off cause I didn't want to make life harder, but I knew I would never be happy with myself if I ignored it. I always have the feeling in the back of my head that no one would believe I'm gay because they viewed me as a girl though
    5) Are you cisgender or transgender? If you're transgender, what do you like to be referred to?
    Transgender boy! He/him, and I'm also totally fine with they/them
    6) What religion are you? I just like hearing about religion because I find different views interesting.
    I think I'm agnostic, but I may be athiest? I dunno, I don't think about it
    7) Have you lost any friends or connections due to your sexuality?
    I'm barely out to anyone, but not yet, but I have the feeling I might, ha ha
    8) Were/are you popular in high school?
    Definitely not
    9) What else do you think the world needs to do in order for the LGBTQ+ community to have equality and rights?
    Legalize marriage everywhere, stop making heterosexual relationships the default, offer support groups in every school, teach about different genders and sexualities in schools, and lots more
    10) What's your favorite song at the moment?
    Car Radio by 21p, House of Gold by 21p, Fairly Local by 21p, Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying by FOB, lots lots lots lots more
    11) One fun fact about you?
    Ummm... I'm vegan?

2. Boudicca

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Lesbian
    Blue.
    I was probably around 12 when I started realising it, but I didn't accept and start coming out until I was 21.
    Nearly 10 years.
    5) Are you cisgender or transgender? If you're transgender, what do you like to be referred to?
    Cis.
    6) What religion are you? I just like hearing about religion because I find different views interesting.
    Atheist
    No. None of my friends have cared.
    Kinda. I was a weird kid, but I was well-known as a weird kid and people found me fascinating.
    9) What else do you think the world needs to do in order for the LGBTQ+ community to have equality and rights?
    People just need to get over themselves and stop being asshats.
    "Art of the Dress" from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
    I'm teaching English in Korea for a year.

3. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lesbian.
    Red. There's something about it that's very beautiful. ^^
    At ten years old, I was at least vaguely aware that I wasn't straight. At fourteen, I was fully identifying as a lesbian.
    I spent years questioning, but by the time I had sorted things out I had already accepted it as well.
    Mostly cisgender. I consider myself a girl at least partly. I'm not transgender, at any rate.
    Atheist.
    Yeah, I stopped hanging out with this one girl who kept telling me I should 'give guys a chance'.
    Haha, no. Not in the slightest.
    They need to open up their minds. Then we need marriage equality everywhere, and to legalize homosexuality and gay acts everywhere. (In some countries, it's still illegal to have sex with someone the same gender as you. That's just awful.)
    I still love All The Things She Said by t.a.T.u., and SHE by Jen Foster is very beautiful. ♥ Also maybe kinda obsessed with Girls' Generation...
    I love olives; they're my favorite food. Even though most people don't seem to like them. :lol: I would probably eat them with every meal if I could.

4. I'm_Danni_x

I've mainly been attracted to girls of all expressions, non binary people.
    I love all the bright colours in the world
    I knew since I was in year 7 about my sexuality and started questioning my gender last year in May.
    Yes it did. I struggled with religion and internalized homophobia. Now I'm known as a big ally for the lgbt community as I'm not out.
    I'm transgender, genderqueer. I like being referred to as a mix (or in between) a girl and a boy.
    I'm currently being raised as a Muslim, but I'm an agnostic athiest.
    Yes, I lost quite a lot of people when I first came out as lesbian/bisexual and my parents are unsupportive so they forced me to go back in the closet. People like me now and I know they aren't my real friends because they like me for who I'm not.
    No I'm not popular, but liked by the people I hang around with.
    We need gay marriage legalized everywhere, we need to stop what's happening in Uganda where you can be put in prison for being gay, we need better representation in the media, we need to have homosexuality seen as a normal thing not as this abstract or rare concept, we need to break stereotypes, we need to make the world safer for transgender and transsexual people, we need to stop putting basic gay rights up for vote, oh there's still so much to be done everywhere. And by "we", I don't necessarily mean the community, but just everyone as a whole. (Stolen from OP, I agree with everything she has wrote.)
    10)What's your favorite song at the moment?
    I guess it will be Arianna Grande's song one last time and Jess Glynne's song hold my hand.
    I don't really have one.

5. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Lesbian
    Blue
    3.) Age 22
    I took a while. I wanted to like men.
    I'm cisgender.
    6) What religion are you? I just like hearing about religion because I find different views interesting. I am non-religious but not an Atheist.

No
    8) Were/are you popular in high school?I didn't have any friends
    Gay marriage and no prison for gays in any country
    "Empire" by Shakira
    I love astrology

6. MysteriousMadam

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I totally forgot that I even made this...and WOW. you guys just rock :grin:

7. WallWeed

Ladies only.
    Well, I wear black all day every day, but I like blueish grays and dark purples. I also love red when it serves to accent black.
    I first starting battling gender identity issues early middle school, but it wasn't until probably 8th or 9th grade that I realized I was gay.
    It's been roughly eight years in the making and it's still a struggle.
    Eh, it's complicated. When I was younger, I was extremely certain that I had been born into the wrong body and wanted to transition, but now, I guess I'm comfortable living as a rather androgynous female, identifying as "genderqueer." Sure, I still gets lapses of dysphoria and depression, but I've thankfully been able to accept myself a bit more.
    I'm a devout Christian, which has been a extremely rough struggle as I attempt to reconcile my faith with my orientation. I've been reading a lot about misinterpreted Biblical translations and the whatnot and have slowly started to heal, but growing up in the church has proved to be difficult.
    Only three people know about my orientation, and one of those I lost. We were close friends, and he confessed that he liked me as more than a friend, so I had to do what I dreaded for ages and tell him the truth. He has scarcely spoken to me since, but it's probably for the better.
    Haha, no, not at all. I AM the "Socially Awkward Penguin" incarnate. Plus, I was home schooled all the way through high school, so my social circles were limited.
    Be educated. Most people who are against it live by stereotypes and false prejudices.
    I don't know about a song, but the Jane Eyre score by Dario Marianelli is a current favorite.
    I've been speedcubing since middle school, and can thus solve a Rubik's cube in 16 seconds, on average.

8. Kenaria

Pansexual would best describe it... I have a preference for males, but don't shy away from the potential for a female as long as I like her.

Purple or pastel pink

I first really questioned it in 6th grade... came out in 7th... and here i am now :slight_smile:

Nah... i don't consider a year that long, especially since it takes people a lot longer.

Cis :slight_smile:

Nothing officially, if there's a god cool, if not, cool.

i lost one last year.. but he was an ass anyways.

I dunno... i guess we'll see!

Quit worrying. Love is fluid and knows no boundaries.

Reflections - MisterWives :slight_smile:

I really really love video games.

9. claiire

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Bisexual!

I like black but I feel like people will think I'm depressing when I say that, so my go to answer tends to be red.

About 6 months ago when I had the sudden realisation of "woah, girls are hot".

It's taken me a while to decide on a label I was comfortable with as I was kind of scared that it was "just a phase" or it was all in my head, but now I'm pretty confident about it and out to quite a few people! However I have always been very pro-LGBTQ+ as are all of the people I care about so that was never an issue.

Cis female.

I'm a Catholic! I feel like being Christian is quite taboo in the LGBTQ+ community but, while it's not the most important thing in my life, my beliefs are important to me and I'm not willing to give them up.

Nope! Everyone I've come out to so far has been really supportive, or curious about bisexuality as they were uninformed. Which is fine, as I'm happy to try educate anyone who is willing to learn!

Not very, but I'm the kind of person who will talk to and be friends with anyone, and I'm also quite vocal in class, so I think most people would know who I am and I'm friendly with most people in my year.

Better sex ed in schools! It's crazy how uninformed people, even people my age, are about LGBTQ+ issues. I think once we start teaching kids about it from a young age, it'll be completely normalised and change will come. Obviously legalising marriage around the world and sorting out the backwards anti-LGBTQ+ laws in some countries will also be a huge step!

Probably the latest twenty one pilots song, 'Fairly Local'. They're releasing another single next week so I'm very excited!

I'm an extrovert, and if I'm stuck inside with little social interaction for more than 2 or 3 days I'll start to go stir crazy!

10. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Panromantic homosexual.

Red and/or black.

It did.

I'm a cis female.

6) What religion are you?
    Uhm.. I'm catholic.

No, but I can't really say what future will bring, I'm out to just a few friends.

No, I'm not.

We need to talk about it, educate people, encourage gay people to come out of the closet, to stop living in the fear.

Olly Murs - Please Don't Let Me Go

I'm pretty much obsessed with aliens.

#30 MyLittleWorld, Apr 4, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  11. Noodle72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1) Sexual orientation is homosexual, but I identify as a panromantic lesbian (which includes my romantic orientation).
    2) Pink. Really any shade of it.
    3) In early February last year, I started questioning whether I was straight or not.
    4) Well, I was unsure of my sexuality for quite a while, but knowing that I was queer never really bothered me.
    5) I'm a cisgender female. At least, I think. Either that, or I'm a demigirl. But probably just cis.
    6) I was raised as a Christian, but I haven't really thought about it. I guess I don't really follow a religion anymore. Not sure about that one.
    7) No, because I haven't come out yet. But I doubt I will, my friends and family are rather accepting.
    8) Well, I know a lot of people, and have quite a few friends, but I wouldn't really consider myself popular, if that makes sense.
    9) JUST ACCEPT PEOPLE!
    10) Either 'Passing Through the Darkness Remix' by Electric Joy Ride, or 'Perfect' (the clean version) by P!nk.
    11) I used to be obsessed with Sims 3, but my new laptop has incredibly annoying graphics glitches, making the game unplayable, so not really anymore.

12. Kua

Kua

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Pretty sure I'm a lesbian. So far that's what all the evidence points to.
    Without a doubt green. I like earth colours in general, and purple.
    It's always kind of been there, but I remember a few years back I was thinking "in the future, this is the day I'm gonna remember as the day I realised i was gay". And after that it's been this on and of accepting it kind of thing. Of course, I have no idea what day it was or exactly how long ago it was, but hey, at least it's something.
    Kind of. Still not completely there I think. Mostly because I can never make my mind up about anything, so why should this be any different? What if I change my mind? I'm like roling my eyes at my self going "Just pick something, doesn't matter what, just make up your f***ing mind already!" hehe :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Pretty cis I'd say.
    Religion has never been part of my life. Both my parents are atheist and I'm from a place where religoin is not a big thing, like it's almost wierd if you are religious :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I've never had to activley make a choise about religion, cause it was just never a "thing".
    I'm not "officially" out. I think most people I know figured it out long before I did, I just have'nt actually said it.
    I've made the choise to avoid homophobes and not become friends with them. And people I already know that I think would not be accepting I just don't bother with.
    HA! No! I had a close group of friends that I'm still friends with, so guess I was popular with them?
    I don't think that there's is one right way to go, but several possible ways to sort it. From my perspective it's has a lot to to with normative ideas about gender, and I think if we were to change that the rest would sort itself. But that's just one way.
    There's to many to choose from!
    I have a mutant like sense of smell. Like, it's not even funny.

13. MyFlowerKing

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    1.) I'm bisexual

2.) Red or blue! Either vivid or dark red, and robin's egg blue as my favorite shades. I also like pink and purple. For those, like candy pink and lilac :slight_smile:

3.) In 7th grade I would think about being attracted to girls but told myself I wasn't actually. In 8th grade I was like yeah okay.. but these are just like, girl crushes right? a phase? in 10th grade I decided it wasnt a phase and thats when I officially decided I was bi, though I didnt tell anyone until this year.

4.) Oh yeah. I mean, look at the answer to the last question. 7th grade would have been 2010, that was five years ago. I was 11 when I started having the thoughts but was dismissing them. I'd say I was 15 when I knew, so four years.

5.) Okay, so I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I've always referred myself as a girl, I don't hate being called one or anything. But I've noticed that I don't have an extreme preference for pronouns. Default, feminine, but I like the idea of calling myself adrogynous pronouns too. I don't associate myself with male pronouns but I like masculine words, like king. So I think I am demigirl, being mostly girl but partially adrogynous. I would still use female pronouns as a default, simply because that's my birth sex and I don't have a huge preference.

6.) I was raised Christian but I've been agnostic for a long time, probably since I was 9 or so.

7.) Um, there's this one kid, and he's really religious. He told me he thought it was gross and disgusting for girls to be with girls but that we could still be friends. He made me promise I like men better. That's kind of a lie, though, I mean romantically I don't have a preference but sexually I think I prefer girls, though I do have a more demisexual outlook on that sort of thing. Anyways, that guy, me being bi affected our relationship. Also, one of my cousins said her friend camee out as gay and shes acting simarly, so I think if she knew it would affect that one as well.

8.) hahahahhaha. Me, popular? Is that a joke?

9.) There just can't be any laws against anything harmful to LGBTQ+ folks. Honestly, I'm not sure why, for example, same-sex marraige is illegal. You don't like same-sex marraige? Okay, then don't do it. That's my outlook on things. Also, we need to work on these groups not being discriminated on. BIG TIME. I'm not really sure how, but we have to show that everyone's equal, despite sexual, romantic, and gender orientations.

10.) I like the song Rollin' Girl by Hatsune Miku a lot. It's in Japanese, but there's English versions available on youtube and things like that. As for English songs, I'm digging Hollow Moon by AWOLNATION, The Legionnaire's Lament by The Decemberists, and Shake Me Down by Cage the Elephant.
    Speaking of music, Little Game by Bennie is a song about gender roles. My cousin is trans, and he showed it to me, it's good in my opinion. It definitely has some truths about gender roles in our society.

11.) Uhhhh..... I cosplay? If you don't know what that is, it's where you dress as characters from basically any media, like books, movies, its most commonly associated with anime. I cosplay Russia from Hetalia, Gumi Megpoid (a vocaloid), Mangle from Five Night's At Freddy's II, and Rose Quartz from Steven Universe.
    ^^ yeah I'm as nerdy as I sound lol

14. ShyShutterbug

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm currently questioning my sexuality, but I think I might be bisexual.
    Blue, especially turquoise.
    I started questioning around high school. I'm still not entirely sure if I'm straight or bisexual, but I hope spending more time on this forum could help me.
    I'm still trying to figure out my sexuality but if I really am bisexual I think I would be willing to accept it.
    I'm cisgender. I've always identified as female, even though I'm not entirely masculine or feminine.
    I'm an atheist, but my family is fairly religious.
    I haven't told anyone that I'm questioning, but if I did I could lose my connections to my friends and family.
    Not at all. I was always the quiet, shy kid who preferred to spend time alone. I still am actually. Popularity was never that big of a deal to me. My grades were more important.
    People need to be more educated about sexual orientations to be more understanding of LGBT people and gay marriage needs to be legal in all 50 states.
    I've been listening to Reflection from Mulan a lot. I love Disney songs. :slight_smile:
    I love photography and taking pictures, hence my username.

15. Acm

Acm Guest

Gay
    Tie between red and blue
    Freshman year of highschool
    Sort of because I was confused over my label for a while
    Transgender male
    Not religious
    No
    I'm not unliked but I keep to myself mostly
    Change in other countries that have strict anti-LGBT laws, coverage for trans healthcare, help for homeless LGBT youth
    Tender by Blur
    I space out a lot

16. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1) Bisexual or pansexual idk
    2) Purple or black
    3) Sixth grade
    4) Yes, l was in denial for like 3 years and I'm still not completely comfortable with it
    5) I'm a transgender guy
    6) No, I'm agnostic
    7) No, if someone's obviously homophobic I'll just avoid them
    8) No, I have no friends
    9) People need to understand that just because they think something is wrong, that doesn't mean it should be illegal and that people are people
    10) Coffee's For Closers by Fall Out Boy
    11) The achillobator is my favorite type of dinosaur

17. Winter Maiden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm bisexual
    Red :slight_smile:
    II found out aboot 3 years ago
    I was a little confused but only at first I'm completely fine with it now :slight_smile:
    I am a trans woman. I am a woman, therefore I expect to be addressed as such. Male pronouns are only accepted from those I'm not out to.
    I'm an agnostic atheist. But more importantly a Humanist.
    Thankfully I have not c:
    I was always the funny smart kid coming up with those witty one liners c; (Still am in uni lol)
    The world needs to be properly educated in order for others to see that we are just as human as they are.
    My favorite song would have to be "Calm the Fire" by Alter Bridge c:
    I can speak three and a half languages >.< (English, Spanish, Portuguese, and a bit of French)

18. WearyWanderer

I'm nearly positive I'm bisexual.
    Favorite color, favorite color...red? Maybe dark blue.
    I used to think that I came to the realization I was not straight at the start of 10th grade, and that's when I started seriously considering it and being worried about it. But upon reflection I kind of got some hint that something about me was a little "off" about my sexuality since 7th grade or so.
    I guess it took a while to come to terms with it.
    Cisgender.
    I'm agnostic. No way to know for sure.
    Not due to my sexuality, no. I have lost a couple of close friends, whom were the ones that I actually first told, but I have since drifted apart from them. Nothing to do with my sexuality, I just thought it would be best if I cut my close ties with them. It's complicated, but the point is that I have never told anyone who flat-out didn't accept me.
    Not really. I'm kinda friendly with most people, and I have a few good friends, but I wouldn't say I'm popular. I used to really care about that, but now I don't.
    At the very least, I feel homosexuality should be decriminalized in every country it is illegal. HOWEVER, I feel that the only real way that the LGBTQ+ community will achieve full equality is when the society of a country or region accepts it, or just doesn't give a shit anymore. There has been major progress in the West, and some places in Oceania Latin America, but there is still much progress that needs to be made in most everywhere else in the world.
    Bella Ciao, by various.
    One day, I hope to be able to speak multiple languages.

19. MojoDojo

Pansexual. Gender is not a barrier to attraction for me, although I have a slight preference for non-binary people.
    Forest Green and Dark chocolate brown are probably my favorites. They're beautiful, grounded colors.
    I thought I was bi in high school, and then adjusted to pan in my early 20s. I didn't really accept myself as trans non-binary until I was 25 or so.
    Yeah, it did. I'm still having trouble accepting some things.
    I'm non-binary, going by gender neutral. I use her/she pronouns but like him, his pronouns too.
    I used to be Christian. Now I would consider myself agnostic.
    I kind of stopped speaking to one friend. She's very judgemental and thinks this is a phase.
    Not in the slightest.
    Better education, starting at a younger age. Laws protecting the LGBTQ+ community, not discriminating against it. People not being assholes. A change in some of our language to accept non-binary genders and pronouns.
    Nothing Else Matters by Metallica. I love Metallica.
    I'm completely ambidextrous except for writing. But that's mostly lack of practice. I'm actually better at golf and pool with my left hand!

20. brocub

Gay, but that attraction includes both cisgender and transgender men

Green. Matches my eyes.

I didn't come out to myself until I was in the 9th grade. At first I came out as bi because I didn't find vaginas disgusting. Came out to myself as gay in 10th grade.

About a year to adjust and accept, then come out.

Cis

Agnostic. Used to be an atheist, but realistically, I believe there could be something out there.

No.

No. I was a loner.

In North America, focus on getting marriage rights and workplace protections. Next major focus after that is transgender rights. Not sure about the rest of the world.

Breakeven - The Script

I used to be obese