1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not Enought Experience?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by BookWriter1994, Mar 23, 2015.

1. BookWriter1994

I have been questioning myself for at least 6 months now and I truly thought to myself that I could be a lesbian. So after that I told my brother, my friends and Facebook friends. They all accepted me except one. One day my parents found out because I had wore a rainbow bracelet and we had an hour and a half conversation about it and basically they said that they do support me however they don't think I am a lesbian because in the past I had only went after guys and they think that I have put myself in a box because I haven't found The Guy and I was being someone that I'm not and that I don't have enough experience in relationships and that's why there say that I put myself in a box. However in all honesty, this makes me even more confused than ever. I want to know who I am. Maybe it is because I had never been in a relationship yet but I truly don't mind having a relationship with a girl. I don't know it feels right to me. With guys I don't know. I still kind of find them attractive and to be honest I just want to date a guy just to see what it's like. I just know that I am not straight and now I am back in the closet with everyone(which they still accepted me whether I am a lesbian or straight which is awesome) I just don't want to be one of the ones who finally figured it out like in their 40s or 50s I just want to find out who I am while I am young . What do I need to do?

2. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A lot of possibilities here, at least that's what I think. Reasons being your past dates and the fact that you wouldn't mind dating girls.

I think what's important here, is that you do whatever feels natural to you. I found that the problem with any orientation is the stereotypes that go with it. I've been letting my attractions go where they want recently, and that's allowed me to figure out my attractions. It's quite hard, and I'm still not done yet, as you may have noticed from my other threads.

I don't want to figure it out decades down the road either, so I know what you mean. You and I want to live authentic lives, and that's a start in exploring our sexual identities.

3. cherry tree

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I get that it's hard to figure this out. I've been questioning for over a year and I still don't know. I think when it comes to figuring out your sexual orientation, your parents can't really help you that much. Of course they can try but in the end the only person who can know for sure what gender/s you are attracted to, is you.

Since I haven't been terribly successful at figuring out my own sexuality, I can't give you that much advice. Just remember that it's ok to be questioning and that it probably won't help to rush things. Trying to force yourself to just be straight or lesbian or whatever else is stressful and probably not very healthy. Try to relax and allow yourself to take all the time you need.

4. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Somehow hearing that from you calms me down. It's definitely not right to force things.

5. cherry tree

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    That's good to hear :slight_smile:
    I have to tell myself to just calm down and relax all the time but I think it's really the only way to go, at least for me.