1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Florida anti-transgender bathroom bill moves a step closer to passing

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by RainDreamer, Mar 18, 2015.

1. XxSunXDragonxX

Truly pathetic. :eusa_snoo

2. randomconnorcon

Sometimes I'm grateful to live in England.

Thankfully the bill wasn't passed, because it was freaking ridiculous.

3. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Hey everyone! I have an idea! Lets make everyone who resent their biological sex, and may or may not physically represent this, go to bathroom who's label goes against said resentment! Right?" -Ignorant portions of the government

4. internetperson

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ffs. Serousily? It's not like they're in the same stall. All they want to do is use the bathroom like everyone else. If people are so worried about their kids getting molested by people, then don't let them go to the bathroom alone! If even you are scared, you shouldn't be. Sure they're are molesters out there, but trans people are the same gender and they're not out just to rape people.

5. The Purple One3

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay so basically they are completely okay with putting a bunch of women, with a wide range of appearances (some have things like BREASTS and VAGINAS), in a room with people that identify as men (some have things like PENISES). Also the same thing is happening to the other bathroom. Then they are saying "this will HELP PROTECT FROM SEXUAL ASSAULT, RAPE, AND THINGS OF THE LIKE. " See that everyone? that is a thing called MAKING THINGS WORSE!!! Now instead of making people who would actually commit those crimes through being able to just waltz into the other bathroom, WHICH THEY WON'T, now can do it, and people WILL do this, in the comfort of the bathroom they are appropriately in.

6. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I mean, I get the issue here is that this law, if enforced, would be a borderline human rights violation, but is it the worst thing in the world to go to the bathroom according to your parts?

7. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

The funny thing about this is that trans women have a much higher chance of being raped or assaulted if they pass well and use the men's room.

And honesty if you pass so well, how would you know without grabbing people's pants and violating their privacy? (Assuming their sex has been changed on their ID and such)

8. Cedar

If these people are trying to protect citizens from sexual assault and the like, why aren't they realizing that sexual assault happens regardless of laws? It isn't like some perp is going to notice there was a law like this one and go, "nope, can't sexually assault anyone in the women's washroom anymore" and walks away, they'll probably still go into the washroom and attack a woman anyways. Sexual assault already happens regardless of someone's age, gender or sexual orientation, anywhere, regardless of location. Heck, I was sexually assaulted on a school bus by another student and the school barely believed me because the "camera on the bus wasn't working that day." Another time, a man ran into the men's bathroom at my college and took pictures of other men in the washroom and apparently, this wasn't the first time it's happened(this was back when I lived in the states). When I use the men's washroom(when I actually pass that is) I'll use it to pee, not to attack some kid or some other nasty business. Just go in, do your business and leave, that's it.

9. HikaruStop

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never bathrooms tbh. When I'm in public and need to go I just smile and pretend I didn't just pee myself. "IT IS ORANGE JUICE!"

10. lettuce

And if the law passed, couldn't the same creepy cis man use the female bathrooms under the pretense that he's forced to due to being FtM?
    I mean, at best I'd be outed every time I use a public bathroom. At worst it's basically the same situation they're trying to prevent.

Also, can I have a sarcasm check? I feel like you might have been sarcastic, but it's hard to tell with the internet and all.

11. Posthuman666

That is like saying your not comfortable going to the bathroom with an african american person, it doesn't make sense.

And I thought we were getting somewhere America...

12. Miami

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am actually volunteering and working to defeat the guy who created this legislation. He is super offensive and divisive...he even shares and likes homophobic and racist crap on facebook. I don't know how you can be an elected official who is supposed to represent EVERYONE in your district, and do things like that!