1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is virginity?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Lunastel, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Lunastel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm a girl, I've only been with a girl. Does that count as 'losing it'?

2. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Yes it does.

Virginity is made up. If you follow the traditional 'penis-goes-in-vagina' definition, then you might as well say that people who use condoms or have sex with sterile people are virgins too. Because the original definition was about breaking hymens and passing on offspring to one specific male before DNA testing and birth control was created.

3. Ab4t5

Virginity is one of those things that people always talk about, prize over, but no one really knows what it is. It all seems a bit silly to me, personally.

4. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's a bit like: Does having your d*** sucked means that you ain't a virgin anymore ?

In the end we all have our own definition of what virginity is. Basically it could be: If I make love with someone, I'm not a virgin anymore.

5. Wildside

Wildside Guest

some would say that any kind of sex crosses the V line. but personally, I don't believe that giving a handjob or other kind of manual stimulation crosses the line. but how about oral sex? or anal? I don't know, and now I feel like who cares. Better to just be honest with someone about your sexual experience that trying to live behind the V label. Lots of people have got married as virgins in every sense of the word, and then later turn into total sluts. better to figure things out earlier, and then just be honest.

6. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

This is an excellent response.

I feel like people should just avoid the term "virgin" all together and say "sexually inexperienced" or "sexually active" instead. Because while virginity is vague and subjective, almost every genital activity falls under the latter terms. And by using these terms you would be avoiding mind games with your partner and giving them a better idea of your experiences and STD history.

7. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't believe in the term. It's quite old and outdated.
    If you've been with someone sexually - I'd just say you've had sex before. Not virgin or non virgin.

8. Wildside

Wildside Guest

that! :thumbsup:

9. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I think of virgin, I think of someone who has not had anal or vaginal intercourse. Not sure how that can apply to lesbians, however. It appears everyone has different definitions though so if someone tells me they are a virgin I guess I can't really know what hey are referring to...

10. cherry tree

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I totally agree with this.
    Virginity is an outdated concept, we don't need it anymore to prevent STIs and unwanted pregnancies, if partners are honest with each other.
    Back to the original question, though: If you've had sex, you've had sex, whether it was with a man or a woman doesn't matter. The thing is, you haven't "lost" anything. I think talking about "losing your virginity" is just one of the ways in which people are being told not to have sex.

11. tulipinacup

I can't help but to think of the movie Hocus Pocus and though it was a favourite Halloween movie, it still had a weird ass premise. That movie sure did hate virgins.

12. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ^!Keep away the virgins from black-flamed candles:lol: Love that movie!

To me losing your virginity is having your private parts touched and touching someone else's. Doesn't matter how the touching is achieved.