1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Passing on Period

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by KaydenWidz, Mar 17, 2015.

1. KaydenWidz

OK So i hate talking about female issues as much as the next guy. But since I am pre-EVERYTHING, I still have to deal with them. So My question is, How do I hide my feminine products when its that time of the month? Ive tried a few things, but nothing is working. Tampons are too big for the little pouch i bought (and its girly as shit, like ugh) and i dont use pads. They never stay in place, Im too active apperently? (lies) Any suggestions are cool. Not a HUGE thing, just need help with this part of my dysphoria...
    :help:
    Thanx guys!
    Kayden T.

2. Queero

Well, in the winter I use a big pocket on the inside of my coat, and in the summer I wear cargo shorts/pants, with huge pockets on the sides. It helps me feel better, because I'm wearing masculine clothing. And the whole dysphoria shit tends to get worse then, y'know?

3. randomly me

randomly me Guest

I don't know much about it since i don't do it but the pills you use to not get pregnant during sex can also be used to prevent the period (because it makes the body think you're already pregnant or something)
    maybe you could look that up...

4. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

It's estrogen. It will cause feminising effects.

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Honestly, this depends on the birth control, the dosage and the application method.

6. Tomgirl

The Diva cup! Seriously, my favorite invention ever. It's made in Canada, but I bought one at a Whole Foods in Seattle before, so you might be able to get them in Detroit.

It's a silicon cup that you wear internally like a tampon, but you only need to change it every 12 hours. It's awesome. Once in the morning, once in the shower after dinner, and that's it. So much cleaner than at tampon, no smell, no spilling. It does have a learning curve when you first start wearing it, but after one period, it was way easier than anything else I have tried. Really awesome on busy days, or long flights. Oh, and super cost effective, $40 for one cup, which lasts a year! Way cheaper than tampons.

Only thing is, I cut off the stem at the bottom because I'm short that way, and the first day you wear it it feels weird, but soon you don't notice it at all. Great for sports and swimming

I do not make money from this product. I just love it so much!

7. Raatox

^ this!
    I have something similar and it is the best intention ever! The cup and a painkiller And it is all forgotten for the rest of the day :slight_smile:

8. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I haven't used it, but the cup method I hear is really amazing. I say that if you want to explore birth control, talk to your doctor. I was on it from July 2013 to October 2014 and it gave me a LOT of problems. It did keep the curse away for about six months at first, but when it came back it was really bad (like three months straight bad), and I had chronic daily cramps that had me doubled over in pain. And honestly, the daily reminder to take it made my dysphoria worse than the curse itself.

But hey, that's up to you!

9. Sam I Am

Hormonal birth control pills can make your period become ultra-light, if you're lucky (I was). Check out orthotricyclin-lo, which is a formulation that actually has mild androgenic effects. I felt awesome once I started it - more outgoing and aggressive, easier to build muscle, only bad side effect was my skin got oilier and a bit of acne. Talk to your doctor!