1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do people react in your country/city when they see two guys kissing each other?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lemons123, Mar 17, 2015.

1. QueerQueen

Re: How do people react in your country/city when they see two guys kissing each othe

I live in Canada and whenever I see any same sex couples around in public nobody really cares. People are very accepting here. Whenever my friends introduce me to someone they will usually bring up my sexuality for some reason and no one has ever said a negative thing about it. I have held hands with other females and have kissed/been kissed by girls out in public (just a peck on the lips) and I've yet to notice any weird looks.

#21 QueerQueen, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: How do people react in your country/city when they see two guys kissing each othe

Well I saw 2 guys kiss once but I don't think anyone noticed. I did see 2 guys holding hands and some seemed to give them a dirty look. Others seemed ok. There are a lot of gays in az though. There's also a lot of conservatives.

3. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

I'm guessing most people wouldn't care. I was on the c-train a couple years ago and these two girls were really going at it. Nobody said a thing. Although I really didn't need to witness them sucking eachother's faces off. They could have toned it down a bit.

4. lemons123

well not being lesbianphobic or something (I am not...) but the social perception of girls kissing is different. At least if you count 90% of the males aged 15-25 - those guys easily get erection at the sight of two girls kissing, but when it's guys-guy the reaction is different. I don't think it's a Canadian thing but more of a all-over-the-world thing.

5. lillyandryan

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning

Most People here are quite accepting but would probably stare and talk a bit but not actually do anything about or so. In my city there are a lot of LGBT people so here they see it even more often and just dont care anymore.

6. lemons123

since you guys are both from the Philippines: Isn't the Philippines very liberal....or not?

I admit on being geographically challenged when it comes to east asia - all I know is Thailand is considered as a 'liberal paradise' where people are cool with those sort of things.

7. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Maybe in Manila they are liberal, but not in where I live (and I think the same goes with tulipinacup). People here are very traditional. Most Filipinos are very religious, and they believe that homosexual acts are immoral and are big sins. Maybe that is one reason why most of the Filipinos act that way. Though there are alot of transgendered woman (mtf) here and I've seen them dating guys, but I havent seen any of them kissing in public. But I must say that Philippine media is evolving and becoming more liberal. Numerous gay moments are now airing on televisions and numerous songs about the LGBT community are being released.

8. lemons123

I see...

In any case the Philippines sounds like a very interesting place, would want to check it out some day. And to that extent - I think Asian culture is very fascinating overall.

9. timo

I live in Berlin, that seems to be one of the most liberal places in the world. Especially when you're in the city centre, I don't think anyone will care about two guys kissing each other. I've seen it happen a lot of times, and it's not like I pay extra attention to it.

10. hyacinth girl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I live in Brighton (UK) and people here are super open minded and awesome. :wink: I see same sex couples walking down the street holding hands almost every day. So don't think anyone would mind two guys kissing. Don't think it's the same for the rest of the UK unfortunately.

I grew up in Sweden which is supposed to be very gay friendly but in my hometown (the 4th biggest in Sweden) I've never once seen a same sex couple being affectionate in public...

11. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

They don't seem to have any reaction. If they do, it's kept in their heads.

12. Ruprect

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

I wouldn't try it in Texas. Still a few old school rednecks on the loose that may take the wrong kind of action.

13. LiquidSwords

Lol obviously :lol:

I've kissed guys in clubs before without getting a serious reaction but that's different to the high street in the cold light of day.. I think likely you'd catch some looks, possibly a comment or two, but nobody's likely to kick off about it.. I don't think

14. QueerQueen

True, but even the guys I have seen being affectionate out in public I've never seen much of a reaction. If anything a couple of weird looks here and there, but if people don't like it they keep it to themselves for the most part. I'm sure other girls have even received a few weird looks. Either way, I'd like to say most people here (at least in my province) are accepting, but of course not everyone is.

15. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning

Very negatively, though it's worse when two girls are kissing

16. Azael

Never saw any same-sex couple doing anything and I dont know how people would react in my city. But at school, when two guys kiss, some girls are like ''Awwwww. So cute!'' And will talk about it for the next 30 minutes. Other than that, I dont know.

17. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Two females?

[​IMG]

"Yeeeeah~!!! This is hot!"

Two males?

[​IMG]

"We must purge this evil! SIEG HEIL! Amen!"

Okay. Seriously, it isn't that extreme.
    But there is a general apathy or tolerance for two women.
    When it comes to two men, there are looks of disgust and surprise.

18. Sonoa

Out Status:
    Some people

I live in malaysia which is a muti-cultural country involving Muslims and Christians. I havent seen anybody react to two guys kissing as i have never encountered it myself but i believe that there is a law against guys from showing any "affections" towards another guy in public. But its mostly only the muslims that are affected by it i think, i talked about LGBTA things in school and pretty much everyone i talked to about it was chill. Then again, there was a girl in my class that reacts negatively about girls kissing eachother.

19. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I'm in Chicago and I'm not sure people even remark it here any more let alone object. I haven't felt like I had to worry about people's reactions for at least ten years...

20. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I actually never see guys kiss in public, but I assume the responses would be anywhere from indifference to outright negativity based on people I know.