1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on drinking alcohol?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TheDude, Mar 16, 2015.

1. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well seeing as my last attempt at consuming even just a small amount of alcohol crashed and burned like *insert bad-taste disaster joke here* I think it's fair to say I am now officially a full time non-drinker. At New Years Eve I had thought that perhaps now I was no longer taking certain not-to-be-mixed medications that I would be able to have a little drink without developing awful stomach pain, but just a short while later I was proved wrong. So no more booze for me, although after mostly avoiding alcohol for almost a decade I can't say I miss it much.

2. timo

Alcohol? Well, I may or may not be slightly drunk right now. Yay for St Patrick's Day.

Hey, you changed your name. Cool. Prost :slight_smile:

3. BoiGeorge

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I enjoy drinking. I used to have a problem with my alcohol consumption, but now I have found a healthy balance and I now know my limit

4. Willard

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I enjoy some alcohol once every while, but I would hate to drink it every day. Apart from that I have a different taste than most of my friends. So whenever we have alcohol, there mostly is only a little of it that I like.

Also I've never really been drunk. Most of the times I drink alcohol I don't even get a bit drunk (not noticeably). Probably because I have a relatively big body mass, I (almost) always had a good meal beforehand and it looks like I have a rather high tolerance. The only times I even started to feel a little drunk where two times, both I had quit a number of Jägermeister-shots in a rather small timespan. Big advantage: never had a hangover.

5. Disappear

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I drink every now and then - I can go for weeks without a drink, and sometimes we party few days in a row, because of reasons. Holidays are quite moist. It is not a problem for me not to drink though, I just don't like going bars if I'm sober cause I don't like drunk people around me.

I never drink alone, only with others. We might go to dancing or a concert or just sit in our favourite bar in my town. Also drinking home is cool, there is no need for me to go out. I don't like partying that much though, cause it always ruins the next day. I always get an awful hungover, no matter how much I drink.

6. CrazyAwkward

Drinking is fine in moderation. I don't do it very often. Maybe every now and then when I have dinner with family or when I'm away on vacation. Never enough to get drunk though, because I don't like not being in complete control of myself. Plus, I don't care much for the taste of alcohol, and it tends to just make me sleepy anyway.

7. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I enjoy a drink every once in a while. I have a basic rule that I stick to and that is to not drink very often and to not drink when I am struggling emotionally. Alcohol is a depressant, so it aggravates depression and anxiety in very bad ways, at least for me. I do enjoy a nice glass of rum with a movie when I am in a good mood :slight_smile:

8. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I drink fairly regularly but in very small quantities. No more than a pint of beer, a glass of wine, or one shot of something stronger. Most of the time I drink it over dinner.

I have had serious alcohol consumption problems in my past, so I avoid getting more than my limit no matter what. Alcohol has a tendency to put my anxiety into overdrive, so if I'm over my limit, I might become a danger to myself and others. And no one, including me, wants that.

#48 pinkpanther, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  9. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I started drinking alcohol last year, when I was still underage. I like some cocktails, vodka and Amarula, but I hate beer, champagne and wine.

I drink to enjoy myself at parties and sometimes before studying haha. Though I know alcohol makes you lose control and do things you'll later regret.

10. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tried a sip once and it was disgusting. I'll never drink it again. Alcoholism runs in my family, so I've just decided to stay away from it.

I don't have a problem with people doing it though. Same with any drug. (I think of Tobacco and Alcohol as drugs too because they alter your mental state.) I think it's a bad decision to get wasted, I won't ever do it, but I have no right to tell you what you can and cannot do.

11. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally love drinking. When I lived with my boyfriend I drank at least once a week or even twice a week. It was a pint just to chill out most of the time and on special occasions it would be a big bottle or four drinks each. But now I live with my parents so I am kind of restricted until I leave home. I do try to be careful though because drinking runs in my family and stuff like that.

12. Joelouis

I did drink when I was in my teens but wasn't a real fan of it.
    I didn't handle alcohol too well and I'd be quite insulting thinking I was being funny.
    I'd say something which would put frowns on people's faces and all that was missing was the scratching of an old vinyl record coming to an abrupt halt.

13. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tend to have fewer.

14. Randomcloud

I rarely drink alcohol. But I think as long as a person is responsible and doesn't turn to it to solve their emotional problems or whatever, it's fine. I think smoking is worse because it's bad for the environment and people die from second-hand smoking and it usually does lead to a shorter life/inevitable death from cancer. You can go through life drinking alcohol in moderation and avoid serious health problems.

15. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Drinking alcohol is a personal choice. Just don't drink it multiple times every day, or drink and drive. That's my opinion on it.

16. Manitoban

This ^

Other than that the odd glass of wine with my supper and social outings. Not much sense beyond that.