1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who likes Sims 3?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Noodle72, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Noodle72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have Sims 4, and I enjoy it, but I like Sims 3 better because it was the first Sims game that I played. And various other fun characteristics about it.
    Anyways, who likes Sims 3?
    What do you like to do in Sims 3?
    I don't know why, but I make most of my sim families end up having at least one gay kid.
    Okay, maybe I know a little why...
    But share your Sims experiences!

I also kind of wish real life was like Sims, where you don't have to come out to anyone, and no one has any problem with you being gay...

2. PotatoLord

Loved the sims series ever since i first got the Sims 2 ,which was some time in later elementary school i think. however, I do think Sims 3 is my favorite. I tended to play it a lot on the weekends when I was in middle school and it was a great way to just leave the real world for me. I love making a bunch of weird people. I'll make a crazy cougar lady or an evil scientist or a celebrity. I think one of my favorites was a family i made that had two witch twin sisters. One was twin evil and would ride around town on a horse and cast fire spells on the neighbor's houses and public lots.

One bad tendency i have is to get bored with one family when im trying to achieve their goals and start a new one. It'd be cool if the sims was like real life. That way I could be magical and do stuff like ride a horse everwhere and change appearance at will and have nobody care. What about you guys?

#2 PotatoLord, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  3. Aro

Aro

I own and love all of The Sims games. I think 4 has a ways to go towards being the best in the series, but honestly, I think there were a ton of improvements made. I know that there are some aspects that didn't exactly fit with the rest of it, but they've slowly been getting better with their additions. I am looking forward to the new rendition of Supernatural and Seasons most of all.

As for The Sims 3, that one has always been my favorite. Countless hours messing around. I like making everything from real life houses to fandom houses and just having fun. I've done a few Legacy Challenges and just go with whatever I think fits the Sims that I am playing. Had my fair share of terrible murder houses too, rofl. Who hasn't?

It would be nice, though. I've always loved that The Sims games promote freedom. c:

4. Justinian20

I kinda love the sims as it is so creative, in fact the only reason my sim ever got married was to continue the family tree. I tried so hard to make my Sim gay in the Sims 4 but the guy just kept refusing him and getting angry and so my guy would just cry in the corner all day. Sims 3 was fun in the creative aspect, I created a vampire who lived in an underground house who was very futuristic ergo bot making, so he didn't have to do any housework. He could just sleep all day and go out clubbing. My Sims I imagine are just always single because I can't seem to get the boys I want in the Sims.

5. RainDreamer

I prefer sims 3 than sim 4. Bigger world, more toys to play with, awesome existing user generated content.

Especially because in Sim3, I can have a character who is a time travelling immortal vampire celebrity, being a master author, artist, inventor, and sculptor with exceptional skill in martial art and archery, along with several musical instruments. She is also a successful business woman owning half the city of Sim-New York, living on top of a high rise overlooking the statue of liberty, owning a huge castle in France with a hidden basement full of magical alchemy research and her very own vampire altar bed, a small, quiet house in the depth of chinese mountains surrounded by springs, and a villa in egypt watching over the sea.

You don't often see that kind of character in any other kind of games.

6. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I really loved it, wasted so much time on it

7. Noodle72

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for responding, so I guess I should probably share a sims 3 experience of my own.
    One time, I threw a costume party for Spooky Day, and I had quite a few people there. There was a lot of food, but I had a pretty small kitchen. So soon after I called everyone to eat, I had my sim propose to her girlfriend, because I thought it was kind of funny watching them get engaged in their silly costumes. But, right when she popped the question, it pulled my screen over to the very crowded kitchen, and I saw the grim reaper. A sim DIED. Of STARVATION. In the food and sim filled KITCHEN!
    She just couldn't get to the food! Way to ruin an engagement.
    But my sim's girlfriend said yes, anyways.

8. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    :roflmao:

Ach, Sims... I've been playing it since Sims 1 for the PS.
    I guess I'm more fond of Sims 2, 'cause it's the one I know best. Then I played Sims3 and it felt hard to get used to the changes.

What I dislike about the game is that it seems to be designed to prove how sadistic I am. I've done stuff to the puppets that I never did to my own toys. I even missed a kill another sim option, and found myself provoking fights often, just for my own viewing pleasure...

I loved the Pets expansion though, and uploaded a few mods and stuff I did, but at some point I had other priorities. It's too time consuming, and it makes me nervous to think how easy is to develop feelings for the silly buggers you create. Doesn't seem very healthy to me.

9. Lazuri

It's alright.

I actually prefer Sims 4 though. I mean yeah, there are less things to do and a lot of stuff that they removed from Sims 3 that doesn't really make sense, but the sims in Sims 4 feels more like people than in any of the other games and I like that.

Plus points for not having a fifteen minute loading screen before launching the game too.

10. MrSkittles

Love the sims 2 and sims 3 haven't played sims 4 yet

11. ellyy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I used to play the Sims 2 and 3 a lot but I think it gets boring once you've created your characters and built your house.

12. jakeed

jakeed Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I love the sims but I have the newer sims 4

13. Rapha Lover

I love The Sims series (!) A game where everybody come be a bisexual and have much freedom! <3

I play a lot The Sims game! But, my favorite is The Sims 2 and 3 for PC!
    It's so cool, and with mods...wooo! :icon_bigg
    Actually, I playing The Sims 3 for XBOX 360, but is not the same for PC version.
    Really bad Maxis over... :bang:
    But Sim City 2013 and The Sims 4 was really bad games.. :dry::dry:

14. Buttermilk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Omg yes. Sims is so much fun when I have time to play video games. :grin:

15. Ab4t5

I honestly preferred the second game, does that make me weird?

16. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do like the Sims 3. I like how it is open world with no loading screens between lots.
    I like all the extra skin colours; I make heaps of aliens with the blue and red colours.
    I prefer Sims 2 though - I quickly tire of Sims 3; I wasted so much time on Sims 2. I had large family trees and a lot of cats.

17. Lazuri

Sims 4 wasn't a bad game, it just had a different focus.

Also, Maxis weren't shut down, only one of their studios were.

18. RainDreamer

Sim4 looks and feel like a basic platform for DLC download that worth $70 for me. It is not a bad game on its own, but I find it difficult to justify the price tag in my mind. It just feel...lacking. Makes me want some more, and I know that "some more" is going to come as DLCs which I will have to pay for, so I figure I will just do the age old wise advice that people throw around on the internet "if you don't like it, don't buy it".

19. Vapid

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I played S1 on the console, tried on PC but it was laggy. Moved on to S2 for both console and PC and loved them until I got used to S3. I don't have S4.

I used to only play out headcanons until my original fiction skills improved.

20. iiimee

I am currently doing the Amazon challenge in the Sims 4... I like the Sims 3, but the faces always bothered me... I enjoy how NPCs can use your items in the Sims 4... it makes them easier to kidnap... I am making basically a death camp in the Sims 3 X_X I'm evil!!!