1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is your dream partner like?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by randomly me, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Hiems

Loyal, nerdy, hairy :slight_smile:D), somewhat muscular, funny, likes spooning~

Preferably studied medical or STEM fields, or even a lawyer. Occupation doesn't matter, as long as we make similar amounts of money so that payment of bills, groceries, etc is as equal as possible.

If we have different incomes, then we can negotiate methods that we both feel comfortable with.

2. JooBooGoo

Someone that plays some sort of musical instrument (preferably trombone), who is an amazing cuddler, loves animals, and is a great talker and listener.

3. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well... Even if it ain't THAT important, when it comes to how he looks... I'd like him to be tall, muscular, handsome, long hair (glasses *-* ) :3

And for his personality, well... I'd like him to protective, a bit jealous, to show his affection... and last but not the least... I want to be able to learn from him, someone who would be intellectually stimulating and who could talk for hours about something he knows.

In fact, as long as he loves me for who I am, he's my dream partner for sure :3

4. ChuckLuck

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My dream partner has to be open minded, adventurous, intellegent, caring, drives himself to be a better person, someone loyal, pationate about everyday life, someone who accepts others for who they are and sees beauty in everyone, someone who is willing to do anything in order to keep our mutual bond together. I would not want a reflection of myself but the qualities above are some that I believe to have and I believe I deserve someone good. Id love for him to have the same interests as me but if he has a few than I think thats ok. No two person are exactly a like. I dont know if ill ever find that person but I keep hoping he will show up sooner than later. :slight_smile:

5. Canarius

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd like to say that my dream man is anybody that loves me for me but honestly? I would love to marry a tall, brown-haired, bearded man with broad shoulders that enjoys gaming just as much as I do. Additionally, my dream man would be intelligent, willing to ponder the complexities of the universe with me on a whim, and he would be funny.

6. Ninagrrl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd like to be one of those people that say that looks don't matter. They do. A little. There has to be some sort of attraction, chemistry or whatever and I do have a type. I don't think it really matters as far as a scale of how good someone looks either. I like more boyish girls. They don't have to be like totally butch or anything, a little tomboyish with only a touch of femininity is good for me. I remember someone asking if I liked women who were a bit more on the masculine side why men didn't do it for me and my answer was "best of both worlds, looks a little boyish but has girl parts!" It was mostly a joke but there is some truth to it. I like women who are a little tough, short hair, slender in build (although height doesn't matter) and dresses more boyish... however, I love the softness that a woman provides both in personality and physically. Of course, every and all of these qualities are negotiable because personality is so much more important and is what keeps me coming back for more.

As far as personality, my dream partner would be a good person. I'm one of those that says she wants a good person and actually goes for really good people. I would love a partner that is sweet natured and who adores me as much as I do them. Someone who is eager to talk when they are first getting to know a person. Someone who loves to kiss and cuddle and someone who is able to take their time getting to know me before having a physical relationship. Above all else, loyalty and honesty are the most important traits that I look for. Must be able to be my best friend and spend many enjoyable hours doing nothing more than enjoying each other (both amorously or affectionately).

#27 Ninagrrl, Mar 14, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Many of these things, like honesty, being playful and fun, intelligence, and the potential to be romantic and confident, are all well and good. But, they're universally desired, making not a very exciting answer. This is fine, though, and they're things I'd like too.

Somebody patient. Not only in general, but in being with me. I often times beat myself up over things, and though I tend to get over them, there's just the fact I do this. Patience is also useful, since there are going to be times life throws us an obstacle or two, and keeping as calm and collected as possible, is a lot better than freaking out and pointing fingers. Keeping your eye, not on the mountain peaks before you, but the sun that hovers above them, and knowing, it would be nice to try for that someday, even if it takes a while.

Somebody strong. If he/she can lift a ton, okay, fine. But that isn't what I mean here, it's more so in the mental and emotional areas. To totally disregard the state of depression or anger, to me, isn't strength, it's foolishness. Being aware of your feelings, makes you not only more alert, it allows you to pluck inspiration and perspective from other aspects. It's fine to question things about yourself -- interests, opinions, beliefs, etc -- because this is how one grows, by challenging themselves, even at their core. It's fine to embrace feeling down and out, so that you can vent and take a break from being awesome. But you have to get back up. That's how you get ahead, by learning from your setbacks, instead of allowing them to shackle you.

Somebody competitive. This one, I've mentioned before, but it still warrants an explanation. I don't want our relationship to be the Olympics, where we're always trying to beat the other. When I say competitive, I mean in a playfully encouraging way. For example, I might be sick one day, so my partner, knowing I like Dr. Pepper, might buy me a can, and leave it in the refrigerator, for me to find. A few days later, knowing my partner likes [random Anime here], I'll buy them a key chain charm of their favorite character, and attach it to their keys when they aren't looking, waiting to see how long it takes them to notice. This not only shows attention, it demonstrates a desire to want to do better for another, which will, hopefully, bounce back and forth, allowing the relationship to be nothing but win.

Also, the idea of just laying in bed and jokingly talking about how lazy we are, knowing we probably earned this day of rest, is an appealing one.

A Hero. This one seems silly, but hear me out. Ideally, I'd love to show up, expected or not, and save your ass. But at the same time, I'd want you to do the same, or at least be willing to do such. Not only does it show one cares, but it will remind me, not only do I have an awesome partner, but that I need to be just as awesome for them. In a nutshell, when you/I walk into a room with me/you, it'd be nice if my/your head was thinking, "Hell yeah!" instead of "Fuck, no!" Individually, we're both amazing, but when we're both on top of our shit, the world is ours.

Dream Big, Love Bigger. I'd like to be able to support my partner, whatever it was they felt good about or sought in life, just as I'd like them to return such. But between the successful steps and the failing fallback, there needs to be love, as corny as this sounds. This overlaps with patience and being strong. I want to enjoy our present as we strive towards our future, even if that means bearing our teeth through trouble and losing ourselves to accomplishment, here and there. So long as we keep focused, it's all right by me.

Anime, board and video games, reading (books or comic books/graphic novels), and enjoying music and movies (especially the bad kind, just for the LOLwutz). Working out together would be ideal, too, and could go with the competitiveness. "Aw, poor baby, you tired? Here, let me carry you back home!", that sort of thing.

Taking walks together would be nice, as well as just laying on a blanket in the grass, watching the clouds/stars. Sneak up on a rooftop, smoke a joint, and discuss the intricacies of life and love, is always an acceptable activity.

Oh, and take a bath. With or without me, is optional, LOL. I'm not usually fond of anything funky, unless it's music.

As far as looks, I find too many things appealing in this regard, so it would be hard to define it, even by 'dream standards'. If you take care of yourself, and rock what you have, then that's sexy. Hair, skin, or eye color, mean very little. I'm more about how you treat yourself, which overlaps into patience and strength.

This might sound cocky, but I'm aspiring better and greater, and the least somebody could do is contribute to that. After all, I intend to.

8. Jackofalltrades

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think for me my dream guy would be femmine but be able to set me straight and somewhat nerdy yet be able to share new things and introduce new ideas to me as well. I would also like it if they where kind of spontaneous and like to just do things at random like take an early morning drive along the coast or in the mountains.

9. LaEsmeralda

Someone who has a brain - who cares about current events and is intelligent enough to have a discussion without flying into an aggressive rage.

A liberal.

A sense of humour.

Someone who doesn't pity themselves or feels self-entitled.

Someone who isn't clingy and obsessive.

Somewhat attractive, but that's all relative.

10. bookworm1986

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dream guy in looks tall I'm 6'2 so 6'1 and up I love dark and colored eyes. Curly brunette or raven haired and colored eyes, sweet smile average body or fit but not to muscular. Strong hands and yet very gentle. In the personality department sane is must, we can get a little crazy but no permanents. Intelligent, patient, kind, an overall sweetheart. Someone who will accept me for me and I for who he is.

11. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Hmmm, your first two seem mutually exclusive to me... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I kid, I kid...

OK, my dream partner...

used to be a mid-size gal (5'5" ish,) Italian/Mediterranean, long flowing black hair, ample sized all over...

now the "dream" seems to have grown a few inches, an adams apple, and a nice penis... and a really fuzzy butt... and an unusual passion for 80's alternative music.

In the end, I want someone who cares for me as much as I care for them. Open and honest. Smart, funny. After that I think things can be worked out.

12. LaEsmeralda

:lol:

I can't stand irrational liberals, trust me, I've met my fair share of crazies. But does that make me an irrational liberal for being irrational about irrational liberals? The mind goes in circles.

13. tscott

A teddy bear with teeth

14. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    More feminine, long hair (just as a bonus :slight_smile:). Open mindedness, not afraid to stand up against what I say, creative, humble, fun, and yeah... That sounds good.

15. Boudicca

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'll let you know when I find her.