1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The name thread!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Nekoko, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Polka Dots

Personally, I like Jacob Oliver. :slight_smile:

2. Cynder

Hey guys! So I think I have decided on Jonah for a first name, but I'm a little stuck on the nickname situation. I know that for longer names especially people make nicknames, and even though Jonah isn't very long it is still a possibility. The problem is that I hate the name Joe. I have met too many Joseph's or Joe's that I had bad experiences with. Can you guys think of other nicknames I could suggest instead?

I was thinking possibly Nick from the -nah at the end of Jonah, but that seems a little far reached to me. Would Nick be too weird/disconnected from Jonah?

Thanks

3. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Jon? Johnny? Jones? Something like that? How bout Nash? ;3 That'd be a fun nickname~ (*hug*)

4. randomly me

randomly me Guest

í think it's up to your friends to nickname you so you shouldn't think about it too much. but nick as a nick´name for jonah is defenitly fine

5. MonkeyWrench

I wanna be called Luis for two reasons:

To blur these stupid cultural/ethnic lines. What's wrong with having a Sapnish/Portuguese name, instead of an overused on in your culture? (Even though I could probably pull it off anyway here haha).

I am too like my character, Luis I made. He is me on paper haha.