1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News The Fosters Makes History With a Teenage Kiss

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Aldrick, Mar 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aldrick

The full article is here.

Video Clip of the Kiss:
    [YOUTUBE]nSyCNVwH-9Y[/YOUTUBE]

It's a few days old, but I just stumbled on it. I hardly ever watch TV, and while I have heard of the Fosters, I've never watched it. This is such a positive development. It is important for young LGBT kids to see and understand that they can develop relationships right alongside their peers, and not have to wait until they're off in college or later in life. Not having seen the show, it also seems that it is dealing with the topic of coming to terms with ones sexual orientation, something a lot of kids around these boys age are dealing with.

If I had watched a show like this when I was a young kid... it would have changed so much about the way that I grew up.

EDIT: It also appears that there is the predictable backlash. Nothing serious though. There are articles here and here about it.

#1 Aldrick, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  2. Kabuki

Oh my gosh! :eek: This is incredibly adorable! I agree with you completely Aldrick, if only this sort of things happened before, many people would have had less struggles. At least, they would have known it wasn't something that only happened to them, but to others as well. I'm very glad they did this, even though they were sure backlash would happen. :eusa_clap

As for the scene, I find they did such a good job with it. It wasn't sexualized, it was innocent and cute, confusing and new. I really loved it! This will definitely help so many kids going through the same things as them, to find someone to relate to if they have no one.

Gosh! I'm SO happy!! :lol:

3. Justinian20

OMG! This is so adorable, I definitely agree that seeing a kiss like this at a younger age would've probably allowed me to be more accepting of myself. It's so cute and my heart just melts at it. To see things like this on television, it touches me in a place that no one can. This will totally help younger kids who are going through this and it will make them feel better.

4. EDMJunkie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm blushing hardcore and I don't know why. :lol:

5. Ryu

Ryu

Huh? Is this meant to be good news? I mean... Pfft... Yay?... What's The Fosters?...

#5 Ryu, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  6. Jonathan

Already have a thread on the topic :slight_smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.