1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do I not let the girl I like make out with me?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by sublimeprincess, Mar 7, 2015.

1. sublimeprincess

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So, there's this girl I like who is a friend of mine and we tend to get drunk and party with each other. Apparently I got blacked out drunk with her last night and told her I like her. The whole night she tried to get me to make out with her (and my other best friend was pushing for it to happen), but I never let her. Random added info: when my best friend was driving my girl crush and I she apparently fed me Hot Cheetos and then I like sucked her finger in a provocative way and she said that it was hot. I'm just wondering why I won't let myself make out with her. She is the type of girl who randomly makes out with different girls when she gets drunk, and she has a boyfriend. Do you guys have any thoughts about it?

2. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hot cheetos are delicious..... but seriously though maybe you weren't feeling the vibe and she is in a relationship so IDK that's my 2 cents...good luck friend :slight_smile:

3. Ophelia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe you don't want to take the chance that it might damage your friendship since you know it wouldn't lead to anything serious (bc of her bf)? I also think that you might not have wanted to make out with her because she & your other friend were pressuring you to.
    My suggestion: if you are really interested in her, don't kiss her while you're drunk -- you won't be able to enjoy it/remember it properly if you do. Good luck :slight_smile:

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

That might be the key to this. Perhaps you don't like the idea of being 'just another experiment'. Also, she has a boyfriend. Maybe you're taking his feelings into consideration here, even if on a subconscious level.

I'll echo what has been said here. Drinking and having a good time is fine, so long as you are responsible about it. Blacking out can be potentially dangerous, even when surrounded by friends. If it takes alcohol to do something, you may have to question why this is.

5. sublimeprincess

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the advice, you guys! Yeah, I don't like the fact that she's in a relationship, and I feel like the kiss would probably mean slim to nothing to her and be a much bigger deal to me. I know I'd want to go further, and Idk how far she's willing to go with me. I would hate to ruin the great relationship she has with this one guy even though I find her so attractive (beyond her looks). I think I get so drunk around her, so I wouldn't feel the guilt of doing something with her knowing she has a bf... sober mind it's easy to not feel the compulsion of being close to her since I take her bf into account. Drunk mind lets me disregard those feelings a little more and I feel at ease knowing I just want to please her... Yeah, thanks for the help, you guys

6. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Yeah, she'd be the type of girl who mostly does it as a drunk experiment. To me It's a huge turn-off.

7. sublimeprincess

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is to me, too, but since it is HER I'm willing to be just that. I hate straight girl crushes

8. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hit and run kind of girl, definitely, I've been there before.

Hmmm... After what happened your chances are pretty low. You could try a desperate attempt, but you know... Desperate. Of course outside the mist of drinking and partying. Not sure if this would be worth it. Also other people around saw that. I always kept my private life private, and so far I can't complain.

I don't know... I'd rather try to forget her. A crush is a crush, you don't really know her...
    Don't get involved with that kind of girl unless you are really sure of what you are doing.

9. sublimeprincess

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, thank you for wording it like that. Yeah, it would be desperate, and it is better just to forget her in that way. She is my friend so it's not like I can just ignore and throw her out of my life. She's actually a good sounding board when I'm trying to figure out why I do like her. But yeah, it'll be kind of tough since she's around, but if I find another crush, I can just put more energy into them lol

10. medomedo

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a similar problem. I'm going out with a guy at the moment and, bless him, he's really trying but all I've managed is a quick kiss. I can't seem to let a guy make out with me, even though I've made out with girls before and I prefer guys... so make sense of that lol.

11. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

te he... my boyfriend and I started making out finally (kissing wise.) He doesn't know how to french kiss. It was so cute.

Anyway, it sounds like you don't want to be that gal, the one she cheats on her boyfriend with. And knowing that you would invest more into it than she would, I would just avoid that type of contact at all.

I'm the same way, I've had to block guys who are cheating on their partner before. I've already cheated with a married girl (my first girlfriend, husbands 1 and 2, at the very least.) I never felt quite right about it, even though I wasn't the one married.