1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello, My Name Is Zane

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Zane7, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Zane7

Zane7 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello, everyone. I just wanted to briefly introduce myself and tell my story. Long story short, I like dudes. Always have. It's not something I chose, and I'm not certain it's something I would necessarily want if I had a choice. I am 25 years old and have never had a genuine romantic relationship. I dated a girl briefly in high school, but that was because she asked me out and I wanted to avoid suspicion that I was gay. Needless to say, it didn't last long. We broke up, and I haven't been with anyone sense. I have a loving family, but they do not know that I am gay.

This is because I have not been able to square my Christian faith with my sexual preference, try as I might. I've read all the discourses about how the Bible doesn't really condemn monogamous homosexual relationships. While I believe such advocates mean well, it always has always sounded to me like they are reaching. I believe homosexual behavior (not the orientation) is a sin. I have arrived at this burdensome conclusion through carefully studying Scripture and through much prayer. So I have decided that celibacy is probably my best option at this point. It's not an option I gladly choose, for I get quite lonely at times. My guard is always up, and my mask is always on. I don't say this to get sympathy. It's my choice to live this way, denying myself continually and doing my imperfect best to take up my cross.

Please understand that my heart goes out to my gay brothers and sisters. You will find no judgment or condescension from me if you have a different view pertaining to homosexuality than I do. I respect your right to live as you choose. For me though, I just can't do something that I firmly believe is against God's will for my life. I guess I am just looking for a place where I can be real with people who understand the struggle I'm facing. Hopefully, some good discussions and perhaps even friendships can follow.

2. Section18

Section18 Guest

Mate, please don't take happiness away from your life.

3. Zane7

Zane7 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am happy. I'm at peace, and I do have much to be thankful for. I know my initial post sounded a bit depressing, and it's true that I struggle at times. But then again, don't we all? More than anything else in my life, my identity as a Christian defines me. Everything else has to come second or I would truly be living a lie. But I appreciate your concern, and it is nice to meet you.

4. TacobellKFC

Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi Zane, do what makes you happy man, if you believe you should live that way so be it I just hope it makes you happy and you feel more connected with your god, good luck. :slight_smile:

5. Zane7

Zane7 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you, Taco. I appreciate those kind and affirming words. :slight_smile:

6. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi! First of all, welcome to EC! Im so glad that another Christian gay entered this site!

I have nothing against your belief about homosexual behavior, but I think you should watch this. :slight_smile:

7. Zane7

Zane7 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello golgari, it's nice to meet a fellow Christian on here too.

8. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
  9. Zane7

Zane7 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello, happydavid! Nice to meet you. :slight_smile:

10. lovely lesbian

11. Zane7

Zane7 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello, Lovely Lesbian :slight_smile:

12. BlueLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello. Nice to meet you! :slight_smile:

Each person chooses the way he or she lives. I respect your opinion even though I don't share it.

I hope you enjoy a lot here.

13. Zane7

Zane7 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you, Blue Lion. I appreciate your kind and accepting demeanor. I have been having a good time here. :slight_smile: