1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm terrified of going to hell

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Integrity guy, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Manitoban

Yes.

I abandoned faith after wondering why a supposedly benevolent god has forsaken those he cares about to horrible diseases, floods, tsunamis, tornadoes and destroys crops etc... And creates people who will go to hell forever because of something he's essentially proding them to do?(Us LGBT people)

Just doesn't make much sense to me.

If it makes sense to you, that's great and i'm glad you've found reason to believe in something.

2. arken1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am not sure if that's impossible, either. It probably is quite possible for some, but it's not for others. The problem is it only takes one person to say they've "changed", for an entire religion, or entire group of people in general (doesn't have to be religious), to take that and say ALL of us could be heterosexual if we just really tried. Not only is it negative for the LGBT community, but it backfires on the religion because it gets people saying things like, "I'm just going to denounce all religions (except atheism), because the conversion argument is so ridiculous that I'm not going to even attempt to understand that religion because of it."