1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what would be the best approach.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by starrite, Mar 5, 2015.

1. starrite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello everyone,

I've somewhat come to terms with the fact that i like men more then i like woman at the moment.

I have been crushing on a longtime friend of mine, he is openly bisexual but also very confusing so i want to thread lightly for now.

With confusing i mean he is never really clear about his sexualy, i though he was leaning morr towards men as of late because he claimed to be in a relationship with a male, but i found out these where fake and never really happened which has really confused me, why would he fake that and tell all his friends?

He reads books based on gay relationships, but always refers to a relationship with female's.

Deu to problems at home he stays with friends, me breign the only male friend he stays with, regulary, and always gives sexual hints if its just us 2 or with 1 other straight friend of mine (fake blowjob movements etc) though when i look at him i just don't know how to respond.

I am not openly bidexual/gay towards anyone as of yet and i want to talk to him and reveal myself as bisexual, though i am afraid he might ask me if i love him and i will freeze up, or even lose him as a friend because of the awkwardness and sudden come out.

Anyone here can tell me how i can tell him without basicly saying: i love you?

Sure, if he said he loved me i would instantly go for it, but i just want something that actually points directly to him wanting a relationship with me before i tell him that, though i do want him to know i'm not as straight as he thought i was and that i am available.

Much love,

Starrite

2. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    Well... if he asks you, you certainly shouldn't lie about it. If he knows what's best for both of you he won't ask. If I were you I would just halfway jokingly play along with one of his "hints" and see what happens.

3. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This doesn't sound like it is going to end well unless both of you start being open and honest with each other. Why don't you go first, if you really want a relationship with someone who doesn't seem to be acting openly and consistently.

4. Wildside

Wildside Guest

"I love you" is a pretty high bar. I don't think it is realistic to look at that as a starting point. That only comes after a LOT of honesty and getting to know who each other are. How can anyone be in love with someone they don't really know, openly and honestly. So start with the total, open honesty, which is a very vulnerable place to be but the only way to have an authentic relationship. Accept that the two of you may or may not come to be in love, and just accept whatever comes with honesty.