1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

too straight to be gay

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by stimpacks, Mar 5, 2015.

1. stimpacks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've always had this problem, I find myself time and time again explaining to people that I'm gay. They don't believe me and say I'm confused. I'm 26 years old Im positive I know what I like and I don't like. Its not that stressful but when I hear it again and again it pisses me off. I've had people try to set me up with a chick so many times. I feel like they don't respect me. Im just tired of explaining myself. Plus I don't know why people care what I do in my bedroom. I'm definitely not thinking of who other people are f***ing. I just want people to leave me alone with all that BS. Every guy I'm hanging out with I always get asked "is that your boyfriend?" Just because I'm gay doesn't mean I can't have straight guy friends. I really wish I was more feminine, that way half of the BS I deal with won't be there, I wouldn't have to come out to people all the time, they can just point and say hey he's gay.

2. PalestrinaMX

Unfortunately many people can't see past the stereotypes.

3. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    Fun, right? Annoys me even more when fairly feminine straight guys are constantly told to "embrace themselves"

4. guitar

As a masculine gay guy I can definitely relate. I haven't really had the "you're confused " line though. It does extremely tiring having to always come out and explain you are actually gay because for me its almost always a shocker for friends & acquaintances.

#4 guitar, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  5. Lipstick Leuger

Yeah, I'm a Femme and I get that all the time. It's so frustrating to be told that everyone BUT me is gay! The only time I really get identified as gay is when I am with my Butch wife. Then people kinda figure it out but they still think I will never not leave her for a man. Sometimes they tell me I am in a stage, which then I have to point out that 45 is sorta late for a stage...

6. Wildside

Wildside Guest

OK, well here's one suggestion that you might think about. Think about some guy, one of your friends, who is definitely straight. I don't mean like some big womanizer, just a normal straight guy. Think about how he acts in different situations. Imagine how he would react in some hypothetical situations.
    Got one in mind? OK, now here are some scenarios for you:
    situation #1: someone told him that they didn't believe he was straight. how would he react to them?
    situation #2: he keeps having people challenge him on whether or not he's really straight. how does he handle it? does he care what they think? would he let it bother him?
    situation # 3: a "friend" tries to set him up with a cute guy. what's his response?
    situation # 4; he's walking back from a class with a woman who is on a class project with him, discussing their presentation. They run into one of his friends, who asks him if he's sleeping with her. What's his response?
    OK, yeah, I know that it seems a bit of a stretch because people don't act like such assholes to people who say they're straight That's also the point. Generally, I suspect that this straight friend would just be confused by his friends bizarre action, and would just ignore it and go on with his life. Though he might ask some mutual friends if they know what is wrong with the person who is asking the unusual questions, like if they're on crack or having a mental breakdown. I hope that you find some shred of humor in this, but that you also see just how unreal these people in your life are acting. You know the old saying, "there's a crazy person in the room, and I just happen to know that it's not me!"