1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nic-names

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by DougTheBicycle, Mar 5, 2015.

1. FlamingPenguin

One of my best friends calls me bumblebree, a lot of kids in school called me white out because my last name is white. But my favorite nick name was cheese girl. Not because of the name, but because of the person who gave it to me.

2. thesharkamander

I've had a lot of great nicknames but nothing will top Lava Lamp.

3. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Neega Naye ( it's hard to pronounce it) i got used to it so much that i forgot my real name for a while haha

4. Ryu

Ryu

I've never had a nick name... Wa...

5. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    My stepbrother used to call me Ginger Ninja when I had (dyed) red hair for a while.

Other less favourable nicknames include Stick Insect when I was in primary school, because of how long and thin I was. Also one girl called me Coco Pops on account of an incident where I was sitting at a 2nd floor window eating the aforementioned cereal and she walked past below, receiving the bowl contents over her head.

6. Jellal

Sometimes my dad calls me tiger. :3

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

To copy and paste from elsewhere:

8. Thedistra

I guess luvins, only one person called me it and I found it quite weird at first. I only choose that one because it was given by a really good friend.

Meeko wasn't a bad one either.

9. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    "Ava"/"Avant".

10. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    My friends have called me Scuba Steve (Scuba for short) since middle school. We were in art class and they were talking about the movie Big Daddy, and I guess they had an epiphany to call me that since my name is Stephen.

My sister likes to call me Stephanie for some reason, but it doesn't bother me.

11. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Everyone calls me Sair. Its stuck to me ever since I started working.

12. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I was always 'sushi' in high school. It actually started because of the way I used to write my name in katakana, カスシ(kasushi). My best friend used to call me her "Innocent Little Christian Girl" too. Lol that was back when I refused to swear.

13. MisterTinkles

I never had nicknames growing up. People in my neck of the woods only had nicknames for people who had obvious flaws or weird personality traits.

When I got older.....after manners, etiquette, common sense, and respect died out in the world.....
    people started shortening my name without my permission, or even asking me, which I find highly offensive, so I decided I had to have a nick name.

So, I came up with Garfield or Garfy, since it most closely resembled my personality (and being a cat freak). I had a friend called Monique at the time, and she said she loved Garfy, so she would call me that. I asked her if it was alright to call her MooMookins, and she said yes. So that was our nicknames for each other.

Weird thing though.....after I decided on a nickname......people stopped taking it upon themselves to shorten my name.....so other than Monique, it was never really used.

I did get a short term nickname of "Asterisk Man" (explained in the "kick in sternum" thread) for a bit.

#33 MisterTinkles, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  14. lostluvr

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    this girl would call me letti from fast and the furious..

15. QueerQueen

One of the more memorable ones is "Banana" haha because in elementary school me and my best friend at the time were playing with yellow highlighters and she drew all over me. It is weird because it spread across the school quickly and everyone was calling me it, even those I didn't know and even my teachers.

I've also been called Pocahontas because I guess people thought I resembled her (long dark hair and tanned skin) I've even dressed up as her on Halloween.

When I was little it was Ms. Wiggles by my parents because I never stood still and crab because I would hook onto peoples legs and sit on their foot and would not get off even when they started walking. My dad also called me pretty eyes when I was a kid.. pretty self explanatory, but I also would bat my eyelashes a lot.

16. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never had any cool nicknames. I only really have three; Jethro (on a horror forum), Chubbins (given to me by someone in a group I'm apart of on tumblr) and Jerbear (a pet name from my partner).

I did have a really awkward one related to my birth name when I was in high school and all I'll say was whoever gave it to me was a Shane Dawson fan.

17. TheDapperCorvid

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have an alpaca wool hat that looks very similar to an Ushanka hat, so my dad has taken to calling me Boris. Aside from that, and a shortening of my first name, none of my nic-names have been positive or politically correct. I've had many.

18. EDMJunkie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My mom wil call me Tiny/Tiny Bubbles/Bubbles(I even have my own song. Not joking).

I've been known as Celsius, Toothpick, Twig, etc., all either variations of my name(Cyrus) or alluding to the fact that I'm really lean.

Currently, I have a friend that calls me Cybertron. It's supposed to be my stage name for when I start dancing more and making videos, although it'll be awhile until I do that.

Then I have a teacher and a bunch of Freshmen and Sophmores that call me POTUS, since I'm president of the Freshman class.

19. Harjus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My best friend called me Bird Snot for awhile when we were kids. I didn't appreciate it much back then but now it would be awesome. I have never had nicknames that stick but I have invented many for others.