1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to even start?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by My True Self, Mar 3, 2015.

1. My True Self

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My cousin asked me to tell her when I came out so she wouldn't acidentally mention it to someone I didn't want to tell yet. The problem is my mom reacted badly and banned be from talking to my cousin or her wife? How should I start this conversation? What should I do?

2. Quen

What conversation do you need help with, one with your cousin or your mother or both?

3. My True Self

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    One with my cousin.

4. My True Self

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
  5. whatdoIneed

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Can I make a suggestion? Not to be critical but I've noticed you've started a few threads with different parts of your situation. It might be good to keep it all in one place so people responding have all the information. From what I've gathered though, it sounds like the cousin would be the easiest to start the convo with. As I said in one of the other threads though you may want to take a breath and wait a few days to see how things work out with the therapist and your mom. A few days may help her be a bit less panicked. You dont want to get caught and have more restrictions put on you- plus the therapist may have good ideas

6. My True Self

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    The reason I made more than one post is I was told on another post I wouldn't get any help if I make big posts. How should I start the conversation with my cousin if I do decide to talk to her?

7. whatdoIneed

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Is this the cousin you're out to? If so, the conversation starts with telling her you came out to your mom and saying what happened as a result. You may want to sdk yourself what, exactly, you'd like from your cousin in the way of support do you can keep the conversation focused

8. My True Self

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes this is the same cousin I'm out to. I seirously have no idea what I want besides to have someone to talk to about all of this. Me and her have always been pretty close (Which I wish my mom would realize is normal everyone in my family that has an older or younger cousin is really close to them, it's just how it's always been and how it probably always will be.) so I can talk to her easily most of the time but not when it comes to this.