1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what are the requirements for an appropiate work enviroment (in a construction site)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Straight ally, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    I'm currently working on a... ¿mini thesis?... i dont know the name of it in english but practicaly is a mini thesis, is not one of those where you have to spend a years and is easier, but still a pain in the butt...

my topic is 'implementation of ISO 9001 on constructions of apartments with formworks' where i'm studying how good or bad are construction companies that work with formworks in relation to ISO 9001 criterias. I will mainly focus on doing this by using questionaries for different companies.

In those questions i have to touch different critical parts of the ISO , including the part about work enviroment...so i need to know... what are the requirements for an appropiate work enviroment in a construction site, with is different from work on a office or a closed and controled enviroment, as the construction site is open and to relatively more chaotic in comparison.

Can anyone be of help?

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Re: what are the requirements for an appropiate work enviroment (in a construction si

Wooow, who chose THAT subject?? :eek:

Obviously wide ranging differences … safety is overriding concern compared to offices… and quality of delivery is also challenging where there there are fine building tolerances and setting out issues in a chaotic physical environment

also with labour of varying abilities and language/ mathematical skills
    and add bad weather in to the mix
    skilled site management checking and re-checking things (dimensions, tolerances, concrete mixes) constantly must be more critical than equivalent reviews in an office

you could weave sexuality in to any study of site working environments …
    whereas normally very strong heterosexual role image on building sites, one forgets about how the nude calendars can be offensive to some (and not permitted in offices) …

gender roles on a building site are changing… on Indian construction sites a high percentage of workers can be women. In the UK more and more electricians and plumbers and decorators are women

you could turn this in to an interesting read if you develop your plan well from the outset

3. tulman

Re: what are the requirements for an appropiate work enviroment (in a construction si

I'm in manufacturing, not construction. My company is ISO registered. We have a complete audit every 3 years and surveillance audits every year which only focus on sections of the ISO standard, not the complete standard. It is my understanding that there are standards for every industry and they are international. There may be different standards within the construction industry depending on the nature of the business. Bridge builders probably have a different standard than high rise contractors. The standard for my type of manufacturing is available on the internet. I'm sure yours is too.